Bell Nemesis Pro Older Helmets

4.81/5 (59 Reviews)

Bell Nemesis Pro

Submitted by Avaruuslehmipoika a Weekend Warrior from Tampere, Finland

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2009

Strengths:    Visor popped of nicely every time I dropped the thing on the pavement or floor. Didn't break until the helmet was 10yr old. Two sets of removable pads inluded. Nice looks.

Weaknesses:    Elastic strap in the back will die by UV-light over time. Changed it for two times, DIY style.

Bottom Line:
Production date was back in the 1998, so it makes my Bell Nemesis Pro 11 years old. Now I'm looking for new one, probably Bell again.

Favorite Trail:   All

Purchased At:   Helsinki local bike

Bike Setup:   Many

Submitted by Kitty a Weekend Warrior from New Orleans, LA

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2009

Strengths:    The structure, the dialed looks.

Weaknesses:    It's not choady at all.

Bottom Line:
This helmet is the best helmet I have EVER used. It is so not choady. The choadosity of it is very low. It fits perfectly like that condom you just put on before you de-virginize your 17 year old girlfriend. Love it, recommended for anyone.

Purchased At:   Biker's Universe

Similar Products Used:   Hat

Bike Setup:   Fixed Gear

Submitted by Tim Olson a Cross Country Rider from Spokane, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2003

Strengths:    Light weight, VERY well ventilated, fits perfect (on me anyway)

Weaknesses:    Zero

Bottom Line:
Love this helmet!!!! When I first put it on, it was like putting on your old favorite baseball cap. Seriously, I didn't adjust it or even click the chin strap and it fit like a glove!!!! It also is very well ventilated. I never thought that "ventilation" was a very big deal nor could you really feel the difference. Man was I wrong!!!! I can actually feel the breeze hitting my mellon. It gets pretty hot in the Inland Northwest so this helmet helps a ton!! Light weight too. Little pricy but good things usually are. At least this one is!!!! Try one out!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Trail:   high drive

Purchased At:   Spokane Bike and Board

Similar Products Used:   Specialized and older Bell's

Bike Setup:   Stumpjumper M2

Submitted by David a Weekend Warrior from Los Angeles

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2002

Strengths:    It really protects.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This helmet will protect you. I'm living proof. I've taken some nasty spills in the past, including three maaaaaasive endos. The third endo actually cracked by helmet but saved me. I strongly recommend this helmet.

Favorite Trail:   Santa Monica Hills

Similar Products Used:   Usual suspects.

Bike Setup:   2002 Bullit. Hope brakes, Easton bars, Panaracer DH, Magura rims, Mavic 219 Disc...

Submitted by Alex a Weekend Warrior from Calgary, AB

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2002

Strengths:    Sooo cool (and trust me, it gets mondo hot doing trials), fairly light, fits super snug, fairly easily adjustable retention, pretty inexpensiv

Weaknesses:    flimsy stem that got snapped off on a bench thingy, but whatever, visors don't do lots anyway, uuuuhhhhmmmm..... could use less vents when riding in slightly chillier conditions? i don't know???

Bottom Line:
For the money, it's awesome! There's nto much wrong w/ the helmet, it's cool enuf for trials n a lil DH or FR, n that Tom dood from japan must hav a pretty odd shaped head if it duzzint fit him -- last time i checked u can choose from S,M,L. but whatever, it's obvious enuf that the exodus or E2 or king cobra cost a lil bit too much and yeah. even with half a visor, it's still an awesome helmet, and u can get pretty funky colors (like canadian flags or the stars n stripes). The nemisis is the middleman that's a step up from louis garneau crap and gila, but a lil below the exodus n king cobra!
Ride hard ppls!
PARTEE HARD!

Favorite Trail:   urban trials

Purchased At:   Bowcycle

Similar Products Used:   Giro Gila, Specialized mountainman, Specialized king cobra, this sh*t nashbar one, Giro exodus

Bike Setup:   99 specialized sworks m2 pro w/ 00 componetns, magura hs33, blackspire bashring, amoeba stem n bar, sun ryhno n mammoth rims (both w/ deore hubs)

Submitted by Richard Bloomfield a Weekend Warrior from Calgary, Alberta

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2001

Strengths:    Fits great. Very easy to setup out of the box. Real good price. Like the visor. I can still see through the slits
when I have my head down. I cycle to work, and this helmet is really easy on the hair.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
My old Bell helmet saved my head in a crash which broke my arm; so I have to feel good about Bell. The Nemesis compares to other models costing much more.

Favorite Trail:   anywhere in the Alberta/BC mountains

Purchased At:   The Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Bell

Bike Setup:   Old brodie climbmax

Submitted by Scott Clements a Racer from Tassie

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2001

Strengths:    This helmet is great, it has good ventelation, fits like a helmet should. It even stays on my head without the strap!!! It is a snug, fit, it doesn't just sit of ur head!!!

Weaknesses:    Not full microshell, and foam dents easily. But who cares!!!
velcro stuff looses its stickiness, I had 2 replace it.

Bottom Line:
This is a good helmet for just about any purpose. It looks awsome, and fits good. Needs a full fusion wrap around!!! It has the best viser, and is so comfy, u dont even know its there!!! Looks awsome with Rudy Project Tayo sunglassas!!!

Favorite Trail:   Any without bushwalkers

Purchased At:   Treadlys

Similar Products Used:   um, Image 2000, (but more vents)

Bike Setup:   Trek!!! Old.

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from Copenhagen, Denmark

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2001

Strengths:    Keeps your head cool. Fits good. Looks like a million.

Weaknesses:    Well, it IS a helmet...

Bottom Line:
I don't have that much experience with helmets. I've been riding without it for over 5 years. But it wasn't ½ as bad as I thought it would be. Actually it made my driving slightly more aggressive and daring.

Favorite Trail:   Skaane and North Sealand

Purchased At:   Jupiter

Similar Products Used:   None (I just grew up!)

Bike Setup:   Sintesi X-wing, Mazzorchi Z2, Mavic Crossland, XT '98

Submitted by +HaVoQ+ a Weekend Warrior from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2001

Strengths:    Light
Strong
Good looking
Cool (almost too cold in winter)

Weaknesses:    Weaknesses??????

Bottom Line:
After snapping my Image 2000 in a jumping crash bell were more than happy to replace the old helmet with a new one and upgrading to a nemesis pro for less than half price. Keep making great helmets Bell and keep up the crash replacement. It rocks!

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere with drops and downhill

Purchased At:   Bell crash replacement

Similar Products Used:   Image 2000, Tsumani Pro

Bike Setup:   K2 Proflex Beast

Submitted by Wade a Cross Country Rider from Mid TN

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2001

Strengths:    Looks good, fits good.

Bottom Line:
I just opened the box and can't believe how sexy this sucker is!. It's the 2000 model in red. Popped it on and it fits almost perfect. Jest a bit of tweaking and I'll be stylin'.

This thing has GOT to be lots cooler than my old 13 holer. These vents are huge and functional looking. There are also air channels inside-unlike the old Giro.

A new Giro may be as good, but I'm really happy with the Bell purchase.

Favorite Trail:   twisty and fast

Purchased At:   PricePoint

Similar Products Used:   Giro (5 years old)

Bike Setup:   Turner

Submitted by Katy a Cross Country Rider from Everett, WA

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2001

Strengths:    Keeps my head cool. 27 vents! Fits great. Shape and color (blue and pearl white- 1999 model?). Metallic Bell Decals!

Weaknesses:    Visor attachment- visor flips up sometimes.
Hair gets caught under pads - adhesive is too sticky.
I'm grasping for straws here.

Bottom Line:
A great helmet at an excellent value!! Would have paid more. Luckily I wear size small or I wouldn't have found the price I did. My husband is thinking about crashing his old Bell so he can get one of these. : ) Five hot jalepanos!

Favorite Trail:   Japanese Gultch - Mukilteo, WA

Purchased At:   rei-outlet.com

Similar Products Used:   Bell Tsunami (crashed it)

Bike Setup:   1999 Gary Fisher Kaitai (tangerine- yummy)

Submitted by Mario Javier a Weekend Warrior from Oakville, ON, Canada

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2001

Strengths:    Very light, have lots of vents, looks sleek

Weaknesses:    N/A

Bottom Line:
The Giro Ricochette was the best helmet I have ever owned and I paid $80 in 1996. In 1997 I had a major crashed that wrecked the seat off my bike and totalled the fork. The helmet had a big dent on the side and cracked the styrofoam in the middle. I had a bruised and major scratches on my right hip and shoulder but no concussion. I would say that the Ricochette saved my life. The helmet was replaced by Incline for $25 and although never had a crash with it, I am sure that the helmet is also good. Giro have a good product and I felt really bad that I am now changing brand. However, Giro and Bell are carried by the same dealer in Canada and their warranty was good. Now, I just purchased the Nemesis, and right away I find a major difference between this helmet and the previous helmets I owned. If the helmet is as good as what other people said, then I would say that this helmet is probably so. My first impression was good, I don't see anything that could change that. Oh yeah, I paid $55 CDN tax included for a yellow 2000 model. Not bad for a helmet. So buy one if you need one now! Bell or Giro, you can't go wrong.

Favorite Trail:   KLelso

Purchased At:   Cyclepath

Similar Products Used:   Giro Ricochette, Incline

Bike Setup:   Gary Fisher X0 full XT and Raceface

Submitted by Tom a Cross Country Rider from Sapporo, Japan

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2001

Strengths:    Completely air-conditioned, no more sweat bleeding into my eyes on those summer climbs.

Weaknesses:    Didn't fit, too tight. Bell musta changed its sizing rof this one because my other too bells ( old styrofoam one and tsunami ) both fit well. I tried the next size up, that was like wearing a stew pot(size wise). The helmet fit my buddy just fine and he likes to remind me how great it is for him to be wearing one. What about me Bell?

Bottom Line:
If it fits great if not it ain`t worth ****.

Favorite Trail:   silk road

Purchased At:   Nashbar(I forgot)

Similar Products Used:   Bell Tsunami, Giro Gilla

Bike Setup:   Cannondale($1000) mtb and a refurbished c-dale road

Submitted by Mark a Weekend Warrior from Monroe, Louisiana USA

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2001

Strengths:    Fit, fit, fit! Retention system and ventilation is incredible. Cool color (red!). Bell seems to pay more attention to detail than other manufacturers do.

Weaknesses:    The only thing I can think of that I would have put 1 pad across the entire forehead area instead of 2 with a gap in between. Sweat drips down between my eyes with the 2 pad setup.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line that I should have gotten a Bell first, but I didn't know enough about what I needed. I sold the Vapor to a friend who needed a helmet, and I've had velcro problems with the Gila ever since I got it. Giro was kind enough to send a replacement Roc-Loc and a new pad kit, but the new velcro came off 2 months after I put it on. I don't want to have to worry whether my helmet is going to come off while I'm riding, and the Bell lets me enjoy riding without worry. That hasn't put me off Giro totally, but the Bell has more of what I'm looking for as far as fit and comfort. It fit great right out of the box, but some minor adjustments are in order for a truly personal fit. The pad issue is a personal preference. The ventilation is phenomenal. I wore it on a road ride yesterday, and my head never got overheated. I think the solid colors are the best looking, I don't really like the new flag color scheme. The Nemesis-2 Pro is for anyone looking for great fit, great ventilation, and an extremely comfortable helmet. It's the first helmet I've worn that felt really light, almost like I didn't have one on. Got it at Price Point for $49.98, now they are on sale even cheaper for $39.98. I give it 5 flamin' hot dogs for value (price!), and 5 overall because it's a fantastic helmet. Go get one before they are gone!!

Favorite Trail:   Lincoln Parish Park

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Trek Vapor, Giro Gila.

Bike Setup:   Specialized HardRock.

Submitted by Adam Hellström a Weekend Warrior from Lund, Skane, Sweden

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2001

Strengths:    The helmet fits perfectly on my head and really stays in place, even on the roughest of trails. The ventilation works fine and the helmet looks great.

Bottom Line:
A great helmet.

Purchased At:   CykelCity