Hammerhead 100x Older XC Full Suspension

Submitted by Lonnie from Austin, Tx.

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2006

Strengths:    Tracks and handles well. Climbs awesome,flys downhill. Relatively light. Well balanced. Very durable and solid bike.

Weaknesses:    After 3 1/2 years, I couldn't really find any.

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike. I can't say enough about it. It still rides like new. No creaks or squeaks. I only had one minor frame failure with seatstay. I jumped off stuff all the time. My prevention method for that was; no more jumping off anything over 4 foot(I kept forgetting it was only a XC bike). Repaced bearings once after a major mud race at the 24. But other than normal maintenance, this bike has held up extemely well. It is, to this point, the best overall bike I have owned or ridden. It accelerates nice with no flex. I am at one with it. Titus makes a damn good product and they stand behind their stuff. I just wanted to submit this final review on this bike(only my 2nd) because I moving up to a 5" travel bike. Racing or seriously challenging terrain, this bad boy handled it all. My Hammerhead was awesome.

Favorite Trail:   anything technical

Purchased At:   Hammerhead Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Jamis Dakar, Specialized Epic,Klien Palamino,Turner 5-spot,Ellsworth ID, Ventana Marble Peak,X-5, Titus Racer-X(80mm),Super-Moto, Loco.

Bike Setup:   King wheelset w/DT Swiss 4.1 rims/spokes,Marta brakes,Fox shocks(RP3,100 RLT),Kenda rubber/Stans kit,Thomson stem/seatpost,King headset, XTR derailuers,shifters,cassette,Easton mokey-lite bar,Race Face Deus cranks,grips,WTD Rocket V saddle, eggbeaters---25.7lbs.

Submitted by Mark a Racer from Houston, TX

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2006

Strengths:    Very ridged rear triangle. Ability to twitch through the trees at light speed. Telepathic handling

Weaknesses:    no power windows, no cig lighter

Bottom Line:
This bike is the sh*t. Much nicer than anything that I have had before. It has soooo much balance. The rear carves corners. It is really easy to be very confident on this bike. It's very light also. What can I say? Get one! Charles and Beth at Hammerhead we helpful in fitting me and taking my riding needs into consideration. When I went to pick it up they helped get the right air pressure in the shocks for me. This is a first "custom" bike for me so the extra attention was great to reinforce that I was getting the best bike I could get.

Could you get away with a bike for less? You could get the Titus frame and put a 80 mm fork on the front. If you do have the extra cash to blow why not go all the way.

Purchased At:   Hammerhead Bikes