Rond WP Rebel Front Shock

3.46/5 (13 Reviews)

Rond WP Rebel

Submitted by Dennis a Racer from Netherlands

Date Reviewed: November 28, 1999

Strengths:
I can go to rond to upgrade my fork anytime for free. The speed of fork. Replacing the oil is easy.

Weaknesses:
Wieght

Bottom Line:
It is a great fork but there is better for example the rond\magure quake collection

XC

2 Years

Rock shox judy XC
RST

My bike is a Giant MCM team

Submitted by Siegfried a Weekend Warrior from Geneva

Date Reviewed: July 10, 1999

Bottom Line:
It seems that the new QUAKE forks from Rond-Magura (yes, they went together) are excellent...
Who buys forks produced in a country without mountains anyways?

salève.

tested or demo'ed only

Submitted by Johnny Rotton a Cross-Country Rider from Las Vegas

Date Reviewed: May 29, 1999

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
Lack of travel, plushness, and overall ride quality.

Bottom Line:
They suck! Hmmm, let's see, no travel, the ride quality sucks, it is way too stiff, and try getting parts. You can't! Maybe the morons in the Neatherlands don't mind inconvinences like this but I do. I would rather ride a rigid fork then put up with this worthless pile of stinking euro trash.

Rim Rock

6 months

Judy XC hydracoil, and some RST garbage

GT Zaskar

Submitted by Jim a Cross-Country Rider from Kansas City

Date Reviewed: May 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
I got hold of these from a roomate who owed me some money. Glad I got them second hand since they are not very impressive. The performance is not equilvalent to the three brand name forks. These certainly are not worth full price. Because all the good reviews come from the Neatherlands this leads me to believe that they don't have any of the brand name forks available.

less than 1 month

Zokes, RS hydracoils & SID's, Manitou Ti

'97 Stumpjumper with SID but tried it with the Rond.

Submitted by Vasek Potesil a Cross-Country Rider from Brno, Czech republic

Date Reviewed: April 18, 1999

Strengths:
tough fork, the best for XC racing, short spring, it works very smooth and holds on the terrain

Weaknesses:
Not very good for free-riding, it doesn`t take small hits

Bottom Line:
The best for for the XC racing, very tough, you don`t loose a kj of your energy, it holds you on the surface......not very good for free-riding...but who cares????

3 months

RST Mozo Pro, Rock Shox Judy XC, Rock Shox Indy XC

Merida Comp

Submitted by Bikkel a cross-country rider from The Netherlands

Date Reviewed: March 1, 1999

Bottom Line:

Thumbs UP!, Siskel doesn't know anything about mountainbiking, this fork is one of the best there is, it's developed by Gerard Rond, a dutch specialist in motocross shocks & WP-suspension, even used in the formula 1!. Bart Brentjes used a Rebel at the 1996 Olympic, in the USA. The fork weihts about 1600 gr. and haves 63 mm travel. It uses oil and springs. The maintnance is very easy. I only once had troubles, the fork was getting to weak, they send it back to factory and i had it back in 2 days and never had problems again! Great service!!!
If you want a leight fork, check out the new Rond fork, the Quacke series!! Rond Quacke Air weights for about 1300 gr.!!!!
There are also Freeride forks an 2 upside down downhill forks!!!
Rond now works together with Magura maybe siskel heard of them.
Rond & Magura planning to make a fork with intergrated hydro-brakes!
Info about ROND: http://www.rond.nl

Submitted by Siskel a racer from 1st world nation

Date Reviewed: February 6, 1999

Bottom Line:

Thumbs down, thumbs down, thumbs down! Who, what, where? What is this fork? I've never heard of it, so in that case it must not be very good! You would think it might appear in some magazines, but alas, it is not to be. Based on the info I have I must rate it a singular chili. If they would include a picture I might go higher!

Submitted by Cutterman Ratchet from Butterman Hatchet

Date Reviewed: December 19, 1998

Bottom Line:

Oh this is one sexy butch of a butter knife (slang for fork in Butterman Hatchet). My wife Sutterman Cratchet likes to do erotic dances for it every buttery night (if you get my drift). I like this butter knife better than Flutterman's Mattchet and Gratchet and Boo/who.

Submitted by Pave a cross-country rider from Turku, FINLAND

Date Reviewed: September 14, 1998

Bottom Line:

I had firs WP Rond Hydro Pro 3 in my Finnpeak fpc-02 ( http://www.finnpeakcycle.fi ), but I had some problems with it's rather short travel. Bottom was too near and it made me sick to listen the bangig from the bottom of the fork. Then I put second-hand Rebel -97 under my bike and the problem vanished. The travel is same, but the function with the sprins is excellent. Now I can ride much faster through rocks and root-stocks. It's naturally no kind of freeride fork, but in XC-use it is quit a good choice. Of course, time is going to ride over the line of -97 forks (-99 is already here)...

Submitted by BIVER Michel a cross-country rider from Wolkrange, BELGIUM

Date Reviewed: July 20, 1998

Bottom Line:

I upgraded 2 days ago my Wheeler 7880 (which came with a Zokes Pro that i also upgraded with coils instead of the original elastomers) with a Rond WP Rebel. Works very good until now. Seems very strong and reliable ... Looking for any manual about servicing the fork ... thank's a lot for any answer.

Submitted by Frits a cross-country rider from netherlands

Date Reviewed: January 22, 1998

Bottom Line:

How do you rate a suspension if you have never owned one yo face.You probably didn't know that Bart Brentjes had a Rond frontsuspension in his american eagle bike when he won the olympic gold medal in Atlanta. The firm Rond has been around for a lot of years and is well known by most bikers, and they make excellent products.

Submitted by yo face a racer from netherlands

Date Reviewed: January 20, 1998

Bottom Line:

What is this? I have never heard of these before in my biking career. But from the other review the look really heavy compared to the other top of the liners! Nothing against the company though. I mean they could perform excelent but any product without a known name cant be good because they would have no reputation!

Submitted by Frits a cross-country rider from netherlands

Date Reviewed: January 19, 1998

Bottom Line:

This is an excellent lightweight fork [1650 grams] with awesome performance in various terrain, priced at
about 325 us dollars. The company has a great attitude about service very fast and free of charge most of
the time.It comes in red and black. I am very happy with my black rebel and it looks real good on my blue
stumpjumper which is probably one of the better bikes at the moment.