Hanebrink 2001 World Cup Front Shock

• Phd speed- sensitive damper.
  • 1" wider crowns for increased rigidity.
  • Quick change spring cassette: Change spring cartridge without dis-assembling your fork.
  • External adjustable pre-load, rebound speed and compression damping.
  • Double-keyed locking axle: Greatly increases fork rigidity - sets absolute dropout to dropout distance.
  • Advanced teflon impregnated, metal backed "Monoblock" wiper seals with grease injection port:
  • Provides outstanding contamination protection. Fender mount.
  • 32 or 36 hole lightweight Hanebrink hub included with oversized 25mm axle.
  • 10" of travel and for an extra charge external travel adjustment from 7" to 10"

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Daniel Lamon a Downhiller from Los Osos CA USA

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2007

Strengths:    It is a big fork

Weaknesses:    The tubes are very thin so they dent easily. Small crown bolts, needs a special axle, external compression is only for high speed and not low speed, no seals just cheep neoprean boots

Bottom Line:
    Dan is no longer into mountanin biking so his customer service is the worst in the industry. I paid 200 to get the dampner rebuilt and the bushings replaced and it took him two months to get the job done. Not only did he take forever to get the job done but he also screwed it up by putting a 7 inch travel dampening cartridge on my 9 inch travel fork. After I told him this he would not return any of my calls, fix what he messed up, or return my money. All I can say is not to buy the fork as you will never get quality service for it. Dan just is not into mountain biking any more and does not care about the riders or his company image. This all hapened over the winter season of 2006.

Favorite Trail:   face

Similar Products Used:   Boxxer, White Brothers, RST

Bike Setup:   Azonic

Submitted by Warren Cooksey a Downhiller from North Lake Tahoe

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2003

Strengths:    Super plush 9" of travel, relatively light. This fork is a monster. No problems yet. I haven't had a chance to beat up on it yet.

Weaknesses:    I just bought the bike so I haven't had any problems yet. I have heard these forks require a lot of cleaning and maintenance. Mine felt really stiff and dry at first. After I lubed it a little it felt softer, more responsive, problem solved. Hopefully I won't have any problems because if I do I will probably just get rid of the fork rather than try to fix it. I have heard Hanebrink sucks on its customer service, I don't want to have to deal with getting replacement parts. Hopefully, I won't have any problems like other reviewers have sighted.

Bottom Line:
    A lot of riders knock this fork for being low tech and breaking easily. I haven't had any problems with the legs flexing or anything else. It is surpising light, the construction appears to be pretty solid. My fork came with the bike. I'm not sure if this would be my first choice for a fork if I were shopping retail. I would probably prefer a Marzocchi Jr. T or Monster T, maybe a Boxxer. One thing I don't like about the fork is that there are no external adjustments. I think I would have to take it apart to adjust the settings. I will give an update after I go to Downieville this spring. So far the fork feels bottomless, I will go ride it of a loading dock and see how it handles.

Favorite Trail:   Northstar, Tahoe Rim Trail

Purchased At:   Included on Bike

Similar Products Used:   None. I had a Marzocchi on my old XC bike that I loved. Hanebrink forks definetly feel a lot different. I know it's both air & coil suspension.

Bike Setup:   2001 Santa Cruz Bullit, Hanebrink 9" travel, Fox Vanilla, Mr. Dirt Gizmo, XTR Shifters, derailluers, azonic stem and bars, 24" doublewide rims, 3" tires

Submitted by FOx a Racer from co

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2002

Strengths:    over sized everything! beutiful machined clamps and super thick steerer tube. this fork rocks and always impresses at the trail head. 45mm uppers(bigger than the supper monster)

Weaknesses:    legs have more play than other forks and legs could be thicker. i bent both legs because they are kinda thin, though they have fixed this problem with the 03 models. now they are double butted and they can be retro fided easily to work with the 01 models.

Bottom Line:
    great fork for the money. good damping but can leak easily, but then again take any fork and go big with it and its going to push out oil. 25mm double pined axel, nice machine finish looks intimidating to other forks and riders pretty easy to service