BombShell Wicked Wendy Front Shock

4.55/5 (11 Reviews)
Weight : 4.4 lbs. MSRP : $599.00

• The perfect blend of art and total functionality. Forged crown, Carbon Fiber composite construction, and 7050 sliders; Wendy has it all! Designed exclusively for Dual Slalom and Free Riding; 20mm quick release, International Standard brake mount, and 7075 steerer. With it's rider adjustable spring preload and rebound dampening Wendy is one of the most adjustable forks on the market.
  • Hayes 74-25 or International Standard mount.
  • 3 spring rates and 3 MCU durometers available.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by COmtbiker12 a Weekend Warrior from Colorado Springs, CO

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2004

Strengths:    Just bought this sexy fork. Much beefier than I pictured online. I have to say that it feels great, also didnt notice that it was Nitrogen charged until I received it. That's awesome. The carbon fiber job is beautiful, it fully molds into the crowns. Incredibly light, havent really had any ride time on it yet so cant do much there.

Weaknesses:    Absolutely none at the moment.

Bottom Line:
    Bottom line I havent really ridden this much at all yet so I cant comment on endurance or performance. Its a downright beautiful fork that has some excellent construction put into and was definitely worth my money. I bought it used but its prety much new. I'll post a ride review up here in a few months. I'd definitely recommend this to anybody who wants a burly fork that is only 4lbs.

Favorite Trail:   Pipeline

Purchased At:   Ridemonkey Classifieds

Similar Products Used:   Marz DJ, Manitou Shermans

Bike Setup:   2004 SoulCycles Titan, Bombshell Wendy, xt crank/bb, D-wide wheels, Hayes brakes.

Submitted by TOM CARR a Weekend Warrior from CORRAL DE TIERRA

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2004

Strengths:    this thing is firm. I felt confident in technical situations. Its stiff & smooth. Great all rounder semi-downhill to crosscountry.

Weaknesses:    Not really. Price was right at Cambria.com and I don't work for them...

Bottom Line:
    I bought it on sale via Cambria.com basically 1/2 the price of a say... Manitou Minute 3... although I'd still like to test one @ Sea Otter 2004... It's a solid inverted coilover with a nitrogen charged cartridge to smooth things out. This is a good company which makes a good product. I ride everything in Monterey County from semi-downhill to crosscounty, as well as Tahoe. For Durability its spot on & its fairly light with travel at a true 125mm. Don't fall for the usual advertisment this is a solid fork... & I don't work for them....

Favorite Trail:   SCSU

Purchased At:   Cambria.com

Similar Products Used:   Rocshok silo sl too soft on technical sections. To much understeer. Manitou Mars forget it....

Bike Setup:   Azonic Saber.

Submitted by daveyburt a Weekend Warrior from MA

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2003

Strengths:    it functions perfectly. it's a truely adjustable fork...and it works. buttery smooth. gentle bottoming....and hehe, MASSIVE look.

Weaknesses:    well, i dont want to complain about this fork at all but, i do have one issue.
    the resin used to give the fork it's sleek look is failing around the upper brace, moreso on the brake side. BombShell promised it has no structural impact...and that was last year so, so far so good. just kidna a bummer to have a fork thats so nice look like its broke. :(

Bottom Line:
    i love it. but its got a crack (described in weakenss sect.). i also have the same preloader plate problem mentioned above...functions fine.
    i contacted bombshell about my elastomers (wanting to change to spring) but they offered no free upgrade. no biggie, its still kicks butt.
    bottom line**
    I love it and want to keep it forever. theres nothing else out there that compares in my eyes, as far as weight/stregnth/performance for the dollar.
    They've got an innovative team that works there and rides... and thats what they're all about. great product! but...4 chilli's for no free upgrade and a stinky crack.

Purchased At:   local shop

Similar Products Used:   whatever is on various friends bikes

Bike Setup:   02 bullit

Submitted by Rick from Sacramento CA

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2003

Strengths:    looks sweet, upside-down fork. damping is sweet. support rules

Weaknesses:    spring choices

Bottom Line:
    The only complaint is that the stock springs are too light, and the next level up - firm - springs are a bit too stiff. I weigh 200 lbs. otherwise trouble free sweet performance for one year.

Purchased At:   pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Z1, psylo

Bike Setup:   Dakar XLT 1.0 stock

Submitted by Mark a Racer from Johnson City, TN

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2003

Strengths:    Feels plush. Lots of travel....too much for slalom or mountain x.

Weaknesses:    Flexes too much. Slow in berms. It is really raked out...makes your bike feel like a chopper. If have had to send it back 3 times. I have bent the steerer tube twice blew the nitrogen cartridges once. It is just a fork full of problems and the warranty dept. sucks ass.

Bottom Line:
    I race and practice all the time.. I have never had any fork problems before this one. Im back on a psylo and it feels so much faster and lighter. Especially in cornering and berms the smaller forks that aren't inverted and raked out corner a hell of a lot faster. They are lighter and will give you much better performance. This fork would be ok for a freeride fork, but as far as a dual slalom fork, I suggest you steer clear of this one.

Favorite Trail:   ETSU Biker X course

Similar Products Used:   Rock shox psylo...marzocchi dirtjumper and EXR, Z1 and Z5.

Bike Setup:   I had it on a Azonic DS1 and then on a Haro werks DSR. I finally got it back from warranty with a new steerer tube and there is no way in hell its goin on another one of my rides.

Submitted by Nick Stephens a Racer from San Luis Obispo, Ca.

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2001

Strengths:    it's bombshell, I own it, it's on my bike.

Weaknesses:    I get excited, go very fast, start laughing, fall down go boom. awwww dangit, my fork's scratched

Bottom Line:
    I love this fork....really solid feel. the internals seem to hold up really well to some serious abuse. every time I ride this thing I try to bottom it. I try to break it. I keep trying and it loves it, just give it some grease and its time ta PARTY. I love it thanks bombshell.

Favorite Trail:   one that hurts ya

Similar Products Used:   marzochii, manitou, white bros.

Bike Setup:   mtn cycle, bombshell wheels, wicked wendy, hays

Submitted by Justin from Canada

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2001

Strengths:    Superb Craftmanship
    Extremely stiff
    Lightweight (My 2002 Model weighed in at exactly 4.2 lbs)
    Progressive Springs (No MCU in 2002 model, big improvement)
    Easy to use adjustments that actually work
    Easy to disassemble
    External Grease Gun Ports
    Included neoprene boots for the sliders
    Plush travel, but dosen't bottom on big hits

Weaknesses:    No external compression damping Adjustment
    Fixed (5") of Travel (should be adjustable)

Bottom Line:
    This fork is brilliant. The construction is second to none,
    and the carbon wraped uppers combined with a 20mm axle provide for very effective cornering. I will be using this fork this summer on the North Shore of British Coulmbia, and I will submit another review at that time. . .

Favorite Trail:   Urban Assualts/drops/etc

Purchased At:   Came on my Sputnik

Similar Products Used:   Marzocci Z1 QR20
    Rock Shox Psylo XC(standard drop-outs)

Bike Setup:   Foes Weasel(1999), with formula discs, XT, 5" front, 6 1/2" rear

Submitted by Jorge Islas-Shaw a Weekend Warrior from Houston,Texas,USA

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2001

Strengths:    Stiff as a DH doble crown and smooth, super plush, very active and responsive, very predictable, exellent in big hits and at high speed ever rocky sections the rebound is awesome. Actually mine weights 4.2lbs and no elastomers is all coil-springs that you can mix to adjust your riding preferences, but the stocks are perfect!, Did I mentioned great looking to. Bombshell are magicians working with carbon-fiber

Weaknesses:    Plastic Preload spacer inside is not the best material, they should change it to aluminum. mine broke, but still works, doesn't afect the fork performance. Other than that minor issue this fork don't have a clue of what the word weak mean.

Bottom Line:
    Way ahead of the others I have used, it is better performer by all means. in one word AWESOME! and less expensive

Favorite Trail:   MotoX park in Austin/ any Volcanos in MexicoCity for DH

Purchased At:   CicloDeporte in Mexico

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi Z-1 Q-R20 year '00, Boxxer '99, Manitou milenium '00

Bike Setup:   Intense UZZI-DH '00, full XTR, Bombshell wheels-set, King hs,Easton monkey-light carbon bar, Thompson steam 90mm and satpost,Intense 2.4 tires, promax disc-brakes 180mm

Submitted by Sean McClendon a Racer from Pine Valley Ca. USA

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2001

Strengths:    Great slalom fork, nice and stiff, but super smooth in the berms, and especially over the jumps. great for the money.

Weaknesses:    i cant find one, buy the fork and see if you can find a weakness.

Bottom Line:
    My wendy fork too about 30 minuets of jumping for me to get used to. i can't believe how much faster my bike can go in berms, and over jumps. im still trying to give the forks a work out, they are outriding me. the fork easily compeats to the rock shox psylo, my buddy has a khs b*tch with the psylo, and i prefer the wendy.

Favorite Trail:   My slalom track

Purchased At:   Bombshell

Similar Products Used:   manitou x-vert, rock shox psylo

Bike Setup:   Specialized FSR Elite, 4 inch fox vanilla in the back, bombshell front hub and fat boy rim.

Submitted by grumpe a Downhiller from San Diego

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2001

Strengths:    sweet plush ride infinite amount of adjustability. Sweet looking fork

Weaknesses:    Not a big fan of the micro-lube system

Bottom Line:
    For the price you can't go wrong with this fork. There is only one word to describe this fork "PLUSH"

Favorite Trail:   Ortega Hwy