Merlin Odyssey Bike 1998 or Older

3.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Merlin Odyssey

Submitted by George a Cross Country Rider from Basalt, Colorado

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2001

Strengths:    2000 Odyssey with Smooth forgiving ride, great deal on frame $1,188.00, titanium life time warranty, Merlin reputation, beautiful precise welds and Tom Kellog geometry same as XLM.

Weaknesses:    Heavier than XLM, but lighter price.

Bottom Line:
Great compliant ride, lifetime warranty on a boutique frame with nice components for the same price as a steel/aluminum mass production bike. I can definitely tell the difference in weld quality compared to my Litespeed.

Purchased At:   ExcelSports.com (Boulder)

Similar Products Used:   Considered Litespeed Classic/Tuscany, Douglas Ti, Airborne Ti and Mongoose Ti.

Bike Setup:   Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork, Ultegra Triple Group (this is Colorado), Chris King headset, Thompson seat post, Mavic Open Pro rims and Flite Gel saddle.

Submitted by jay hardy a Cross Country Rider from Coupeville, Wa, USA

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2000

Strengths:    light, strong and supple

Weaknesses:    no brazons.

Bottom Line:
This is a road bike. I don't know why that guy was so rude. He should check http://www.merlinbike.com/bike/odyssey.html

Favorite Trail:   Ft. Ebey