K2 Mountain Bike HT200 Bike 1998 or Older

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

HT200

Submitted by Javier Rodriguez a Weekend Warrior from Hacienda Ht,Ca, USA

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2001

Strengths:    Solid frame for a beginner and the Atlus components are not bad for those who never clean or tune their bike much!

Weaknesses:    I hate the fork and the stock stem had that replaced with a Manitou SXR and Titec stem. Worst bakes on the planet I replaced them one week after I bought the bike and I was beginer! Weak grips and an ugly huge saddle.

Bottom Line:
The Bottom line is that I would not have bought this bike if I knew now then! I was a beginner at MT biking at the time of purchase and did not want to get in over my head in buying an exprensive bike. As my skill level progressed as well the love for the trails I started to upgrade the bike. I had many great crashes and scars from the bike but it held up nicely. It taught me how to love Mt Biking and will never forget my first MT. Bike. Now I ride a Swchinn Homegrown Comp that Kicks major Butt!

Favorite Trail:   Marshall Canyon

Purchased At:   Sport Chalet

Similar Products Used:   K2 attack 3.0 & GT avalanche & 2000 Swchinn Homegrown Comp

Bike Setup:   Manitou SXR fork, Titec stem, FSA headset, Speed dial 7 levers and brakes, SDG Bell AIR saddle, and Panracer XCPro tire, Wienman Wheels, specialized grips

Submitted by Bill Biker Oldiges a weekend warrior from Mt. Sunapee, NH

Date Reviewed: November 18, 1998

Bottom Line:

I like K2's HT200, it was well within budget. I felt I got alot of bike for the buck. Really have not put it to the test yet, but plan to this winter/spring. Why don't you have K2's on the bike mfg. list? Should would like to know what other people think of theirs.