Ibis Ti Mojo 97 Bike Bike 1998 or Older

4.82/5 (11 Reviews)

Ibis Ti Mojo 97 Bike

Submitted by fong a Weekend Warrior from AZ

Date Reviewed: December 22, 1999

Strengths:
I love this bike! The best handling ti I've had! It will be with me until the day I stop riding.

Weaknesses:

Bottom Line:
This Bike Rules!

more than 3 years

93Merlin Ti,

Sids 9SpdXTR Crossmax
Syncros

Submitted by up yours a Racer from boston

Date Reviewed: March 27, 1999

Bottom Line:
Ibis suck, buy a Huffy instead!!!!!

less than 1 month

Submitted by jeff bax a cross-country rider from coastal nortern ca.

Date Reviewed: January 29, 1999

Bottom Line:

Yeah the Ti Mojo is great like everyone says, It's most endearing trait
is it's amazing climbing ability. When climbing steep technical train
(loose,rocky,lumpy,bumpy,rutted,whatever)and you get off your favorite line
with most bikes you loose it but with the Ibis all you gotta do is
hammer on the peddals and you quickly regain control due to the
instant acceleration.This bike turned me from a average frustrated climber
into a confident technical climber overnight.
This bike does not like to go downhill fast tho.When I first built it up
it was way sketchy with liht weight tires. Now I solved that problem
by running heavy DH style tires on my crosslands and the bike still weighs
in at only 23lbs.Gotta love it.

Submitted by Danny Forer a cross-country rider from Berkeley, CA.

Date Reviewed: September 24, 1998

Bottom Line:

I bought my Ti Mojo used, about a year ago, and am very happy with its performance. It is light, climbs well, and absorbs shock well (equiped with a ti seat post really helps). However, and this is a big minus, my bike frame broke, right below the seat post. My friend, who I ride with broke his twice, once in the same place as mine, and the second time in another place. The warranty work was very good. It helps that I live close to the factory and took it there in person. But the durability of this bike is something I question. I have to also add that two buddies broke Litespeed Obed frames this year as well.

Submitted by Jose Martinez a cross-country rider from San Juan, Puerto Rico

Date Reviewed: June 21, 1998

Bottom Line:

The best bike I have ever ride!!!! PERIOD! Light and agile.
It has help me build my climbing ability and eats those single tracks.
Very forgiving on the rough. Only disadvantage is price but if you can afford it... just do it.
Can be built into a 22lbs bike pretty easy without compromissing durability.
20 or 21 lbs posible but can get pretty expensive.
The people at IBIS are so cool and produce such great products that I decided to get my wife a Mojo.Keep up the great work!!!!
Jose
Royal Bicycles.
Exclusive IBIS dealer for Puerto Rico.

Submitted by Pedro a cross-country rider from SD CA

Date Reviewed: March 22, 1998

Bottom Line:

Lots of dough, but hey, you only live once. This ride is sooo sweet on xc single track. Not to mention built by some really cool people. It will be the last xc bike you buy for a very, very, very long time. (I've had mine for 3+ years and still stoked.)

Submitted by Ron Howard a cross-country rider from Australia

Date Reviewed: February 18, 1998

Bottom Line:

I have had my Ti Mojo now for almost three years. This bike is fantastic. It is superquick and loves single track which is what the bike is designed for. Whether it be climbing, tight technical sections, or rough rocky sections this bike blows through it and begs for more. Its handling characteristics are excellent in all circumstances except fast downhill. There is something special about owning a bike of this quality in workmanship and ride characteristics, which not everyone may be able to appreciate or be able to afford. Yes, this bike may cost a bit more than others but if you can afford it go for it. It's a blast to ride, light, durable, resilient and beautiful to look at. The people at Ibis are also fantastic and stand behind their work to live up to their reputation. You only live once, go for it.

Submitted by cbleask a racer from Oxford, Ms

Date Reviewed: January 17, 1998

Bottom Line:

Ok my friends. If you have hit this page, you obviously are way into the Ti-mojo and about to consider picking one up. Well, take my advice. FREAKIN DO IT!!! It is ludicrous to spend that kind of money on a frame when you are some kind a choad. But screw it. If you can dig it, this thing has a gothic ride. No shit! I dare anyone to prove me wrong. Late http://www.olemiss.edu./~cbleask

Submitted by syd temple a racer from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: July 24, 1997

Bottom Line:

I have owned a ti mojo since 1994. It sadly was stolen a few months ago. First off the mojo is a great bike light, fast, and will increase your climbing speed. The bike is a work of art. However after 3 years on the bike several handling characteristics come to light. This is not a downhill bike. It has a short 41.5 inch wheelbase. At speeds over 25 mph it gets way sketchy, you have to be on top of the bike all of the time. The bike loves single track, it will be faster on single track then any of buddies bikes and will climb like a mountain goat. So if you big cash, lots of single track and do necessarily want to fly down downhills like a bat out of hell then seriously consider this beautiful bike

Submitted by Chin a cross-country rider from IL

Date Reviewed: April 4, 1997

Bottom Line:

I don't live in LA. The places I usually ride (upper WI, MI) I run into dears, bears and cows a lot more often than people. I have a little Honda with Yakima rack. I am still paying back my school loan from five years ago. I eat instant noodles and Powerbars for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.I did, however, emptied my bank account, maxed out my credit cards to buy an Ibis Ti Mojo.Because when I fly down that singletrack with a goofy smile on my face...If I have to explain for you to get it you will still never get it.

Submitted by Dan a racer from California

Date Reviewed: April 2, 1997

Bottom Line:

I rode one with 97sl and 97xtr. I used to own a steel mojo.The frame was unbelievable! Quick like my old mojo but not as rough (obviously) through the rocks. Not flexy and a great
climber. I'm just going to keep this short instead of wasting your time babbling about this 21lb bike that costs too much: ever
ride a steel mojo? If so, multiply the comfort/ride/experience by 2 and you have the ti mojo.I have ridden a ti Serotta mtb before and it WAS my favorite until this weekend.