GT XCR2000 Bike 1998 or Older

XCR2000

Submitted by rudy a Weekend Warrior from bristol

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2006

Strengths:    I've had her for 6 years and she still going strong, and people still like to stop and stare at her.

Weaknesses:    some say she's quite heavy, but i'm 6'6' - 110 kilos so she aint heavy to me :)

Bottom Line:
I love this bike i have had some major rides, bumps, crash's and she still keeps rolling. looking forward to another 6 years with her.

Favorite Trail:   i have 4 right next to my house :)

Similar Products Used:   never had to

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi Z3 QR20, Fox Vanilla FOAT R, Shimano LX shifters, STX-RC front / XT rear derailleurs, Shimano LX cranks, Shimano LX V-brakes, GT Through axle front / LX rear, WTB EnduroRaptor 26x47/52 (26x2.00)

Submitted by Al Davison a cross-country rider from Athens, GA

Date Reviewed: October 6, 1998

Bottom Line:

This will be short because I'm gonna go catch a ride before it's starts raining.
My new 1999 GT XCR2000 is great! GT told the truth about the i-drive! I know folks were bashing it because they couldn't understand it but, bottom-line; it works as advertised! It climbs like a hard tail - no bobbing. Mine has super-sweet Marzocchi QR20s and Fox Vanilla Float. Also, the new 9-speed Shimano with 12-34 and the killer new V-brakes. It shifts butter-smooth, front and rear under outrageous conditions. It is THE BIKE for FS XC under $2,000!!!
Bad news is it weighs as much as my steel hard-tail. Good news - I don't care! I've test-ridden lighter, more expensive FS bikes but they couldn't climb at all!This is it! I love it - you'll love it, too! I give it 5-stars taking the price range into consideration. If I had another $3,000 in my budget, I might have gone with a boutique bike. In it's price class, it is absolutely the best FS XC - period!P.S. Don't let GT or your LBS talk you into a large! I'm 6'1 with long arms and legs and the medium feels great - not cramped at all.

XCR2000 suspension upgrade

Rebuilding a friends GT. I'm wondering what others have tried or would suggest. ThanksRead More »

1999 XCR2000 Parts

Hey Folks...I've had my i-Drive since '99 and I absolutely love it still to this day, but it's in need of a go-through. I've searched the web for hours trying to find any parts for the i-Drive mechanism as well as the pivot bearings/bushings only to strike out. I'd love it if someone could give me ... Read More »

1999 Xcr2000

What can you tell me about this bike. Ive been looking at a used one. I rode it for about 30 min and it felt good, they are asking $700 which I think is it a bit high. What do you guys think?Read More »