Fuji Mt Fuji SX Bike 1998 or Older

Fuji Mt Fuji SX

Submitted by Ben from Kalamazoo

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2000

Strengths:    The frame has balls!!!!!

Weaknesses:    Original wheel set

Bottom Line:
I agree with the other guy about hte original size of hte head tube. I did find some marzocchis for it a few days ago... The frame kiks ass. I love the tom ritchy dropouts. I plan on riding my 1995 frame for at least 2 more seasons.
I broke the pullstar hub within a week of hard riding. the rims weren't much better. Mavic odd balls that sucked. Atleast 217's would have been better...

Similar Products Used:   Khs Montana comp

Submitted by Terry a Weekend Warrior from Turkey

Date Reviewed: October 16, 1999

Strengths:
Great Frame...very strong! Original wheelset (Ritchie Rock and OCR) have never required maintenance after over 3000 miles.

Weaknesses:

Bottom Line:
This bike has been a great performer, especially after the changes I have made. Originally, I purchased this bike for $800. I have over 3000 miles on it with no problems. I am 230 lbs and I can feel the pull on the frame when I am going down rocky descents, however, there is never a problem. Best bike for the buck!

2 Years

Univega

Mt Fuji SX, Spox wheelset, Judy C w/speedsprings, XT der/shifters/cog, Kooka Krankset, Crow Bar, Profile Stem

Submitted by Jim a cross-country rider from New Mexico

Date Reviewed: March 9, 1999

Bottom Line:

My second MTB purchased on sale 3 years ago from Colo Cycles for $799. Good strong light True Temper frame with some XT components and Mavic wheels. The rear Pulstar hub broke spokes every ride; I rebuilt the back with an XT hub. No problems with this machine except it came with a 1 steering tube greatly limiting fork upgrade opportunities. I'm replacing the Manitou 4 with a 80mm Judy XC (and Englund air cartridge if and when the Judy blows). The frame is great quality (except for the steering tube). In spite of some flaws, its worth a few bucks to make some upgrades and keep this fine hard tail on the trail.