Fuji Mt. Fuji Limited Edition Bike 1998 or Older

Mt. Fuji Limited Edition

Submitted by MIchael a Racer from BXV

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2006

Strengths:    Climbs lie a crazed mountain goat on steroids... and I am a motocross racing downhiller by nature. I won the bike at SKi Plattekil a few years ago.

Weaknesses:    Ultralight double butted spokes need an eye if you weight 225 lbs and hammer like I try to.

Bottom Line:
This biek which I won at the year end raffel at Ski Plattekill when I raced a hardtail Cannondale F600 down the mountain has made me fall in love with mtb riding all over again. The steel frame is much more comfortable than the aluminum Canny which is overly harsh. Steel is better. On the trails the bike borders on ESP like response to my immediate needs. I kind of worry that its desccendant the current Mt Fuji might not be as good a bike.
** "I LOVE MY FUJI LTD SX" **
I would've paid teh full 1850 retail if I had to.

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale F600 is my other bike but pales in comkparison to the Fuji. I had not ridden the Fuji cos it needed repairs so I rode teh Canny, having recent;y made teh repais and rode the Fuji, I swear I am in LOVE with riding all over again. I am dreaming about riding my Fuki more than my KTM 250. :-)

Bike Setup:   suspension seat post, night lights, shimano v-brakes, sram x.0 rear deraileur, selle italia titanium rail saddle.

Submitted by Mike a weekend warrior from USA

Date Reviewed: April 12, 1998

Bottom Line:

This is a great bike. It has: Easton elan program, taperwall aluminum atb tubing. Manitou Mach 5 sx cartridge suspension w/ fork boots. Grip Shift srt-900, 8 speed/ grip shift esp rear derailleur, xt front. Ritchey logic Pedal. wtb speedmaster canti's w/ ritchey logic brake pads & avid speed dial brake levers. mavic ub control 221 rims, pulstar hubs & alloy spoke nipples. wtb velociraptor, gummy green tires, kevlar bead. ricthey vector prolite saddle. This bike weighs 21 pounds. Its aluminum. Sweet ride. I bought it for 1700.