Cannondale Super V 700 SX Bike 1998 or Older

Cannondale Super V 700 SX

Submitted by Andy Weinmann a Cross Country Rider from Winchester, VA

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2005

Strengths:    A strong frame, with fairly smooth rear suspension movement. With the DJII up front it's really been a joy to ride...can't imagine it with a head-shock. I'm a small rider (5'6"-145 soaking wet), but if I sit back on this thing and let the suspension work, it'll take the worst off camber, cross-country, rocky arse trails that VA/WV can dish out.

Weaknesses:    The rear swing-arm finally cracked at the seam! But ya know, Cannondale is giving me a Jekyll frame as a replacement...I'm not complaining!

Bottom Line:
This is for the frame only! I bought the frame from a friend and it was brand-new...never built up. This was a great ride for as long as it lasted. Though it was an early full-suspension rig, it did a good job for as long as I've had it. I've thrown LOTS of downhills, cross-country, and many-many wrecks at this thing and it's held up well. I will definitely have mixed emotions when I take this baby apart and build up the Jekyll.

Favorite Trail:   Signal Knob, nearly any trail at the Cove (Gore, VA)

Purchased At:   from a friend

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi DJII thru-axle, Avid Mech brakes, Sun Rhyno Lite and Rhyno Lite XL, Maxxis Tires, Tru-Vativ Hussefelt Crank...blah blah blah