Bianchi '98 Peregrine Bike 1998 or Older

Bianchi '98 Peregrine

Submitted by Michael a Weekend Warrior from San Francisco

Date Reviewed: October 18, 1999

Strengths:
Great Frame

Weaknesses:

Bottom Line:
The bike was really fast when original. However, I didn't like the Rock Shox so I bought a Bomber and am upgrading to the same components found on the '99 Superbee. Also added Shimano M747 pedals. This bike is great and for the price -$600 - i have been able to upgrade and still save money over the competition. Easily outclimbs all my friend's bikes.

1 Year

Friend's Trek and Cannondale.

Bomber Z.3

Submitted by Henry Ong a Weekend Warrior from Torrance, CA

Date Reviewed: August 25, 1999

Strengths:
Somewhat light, great components for the price, responsive, takes a beating!

Weaknesses:
None I can think of right now...maybe a little stiff, er...really stiff, but I guess that's how aluminum bikes are.

Bottom Line:
Super value from SuperGo! They had this on clearance so I rushed down there for my first real mountain bike. Reatils for about $1000, i got it for $529! Just take a look at the specs, can't beat that price anywhere...I don't think. Takes a beating, I've crashed at least 5 times already and 1 of them was a bigtime major multiple endo life flashing before your eyes kinda thing. I've only bent the seat rails and the handlebars slightly so far. I was very surprised that nothign else was severely damaged!
Italian design and American made, what more can you ask for?

any

3 months

My 8 year old Huffy?

7005 Easton Elite tubing, LX rear derailler and shifters, STX-RC front and crankset, RockShox Indy XC, Avid 10/1.0 levers/ brakes, Ritchey hubs and Viewlogic seat, Mavic 138 rims.