SR Suntour SF-XCT 2006 Front Shocks

• Steerer tube: STKM
  • Brake: Disc & V-type

Submitted by tamagotchi78 a Downhiller from Saskatoon,Saskatchewan,Canada

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2010

Strengths:    Great for jumping. absorbs the needed to help make it easier

Weaknesses:    i found the shocks to freeze up or not work when it went below zero(canada)needs slightly more for tricks

Bottom Line:
a good thing to use but i wish it would contract just slightly more

Favorite Trail:   Whistler!

Bike Setup:   Specialized Hardrock,Specialized Fast Trak LK Sport, 26x2.0", 60TPI, wire bead tires

Submitted by wavey101 a Weekend Warrior from England

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2010

Strengths:    Does what it is supposed to. irons out the bumps and softens the landing from jumps. Haven't experienced bottom out ever and no leaks or problems so far.

Weaknesses:    Adjustment could be a bit more precise but that's no biggie

Bottom Line:
Great forks for the keen rider on a budget. Will tackle most intermediate terrain and out perform the average weekend warriors abilities. I have dropped in from 3+ feet and not experienced bottoming out or poor recoil. no leaks unlike zokes zones I had a few years back that lasted 2 rides before failing completely. Almost as good as Judy's but a fraction of the price.

Favorite Trail:   summer lightning, surrey

Similar Products Used:   rock shox judy, zokes zone blt

Bike Setup:   claud butler stone river 24 speed shimano sti gears, zak2000 wheels, panaracer fire xcpro tyres, quad front and rear disc brakes

Submitted by davebentley a Cross Country Rider from Wigan

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2009

Strengths:    These forks came on the new diamondback outlook and overall i was very pleased as these are clearly the best forks for a cyclist in the 150-250 price bracket

Weaknesses:    May bottom-out on large drops but so far they havent and i have been off at least 4ft ramps and these have held up

Bottom Line:
Excellent value for money and i great buy for a begginer/intermediate cyclist looking to take on tricky terrain

Favorite Trail:   Anything Offroad

Purchased At:   chainreaction

Similar Products Used:   ....

Bike Setup:   Diamondback Outlook 2009

Submitted by puravidachicago a Weekend Warrior from PacNW

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2008

Strengths:    Reliable thus far, and it's taken a beating. Works well for XC trails and moderate drops. Relatively smooth throughout the travel. Does the job, what can you say?

Weaknesses:    Bottoms out on bigger drops (I'm a big guy 200+lbs). Just 75mm of travel. Heavy, but so is my bike. I squeaked until I took it apart and cleaned it; since then, it's been all good.

Bottom Line:
My next bike will have a better fork, but this suntour has treated me well. You can do worse for $80.

Bike Setup:   Low end Kona hardtail.

Submitted by Jon a Racer from Vermont

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2008

Strengths:    Strong, good travel, adjustable

Weaknesses:    weight

Bottom Line:
The fork is a very good fork, it doesnt bottom out on me, I weigh 175, and have dropped some good distances with it. My only concern is the weight, it is a little heaveir than I would prefer. I would be using my rock shox carbon fiber fork, but it does not have disc brake mounts. It is definitely a great shock though, does the job well, there is very little torsional flex as well so steering is tight. All around great fork, if I was still racing, I wouldnt use it only because of the weight.

Similar Products Used:   rock shox, fox, marchozzi

Submitted by Devinci Krendell a Downhiller from Bublington

Date Reviewed: April 8, 2007

Strengths:    Extremely strong, light, huge travel, air coil, suntour.

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
I replaced my original fork on my Sunday, because I needed bigger travel for my big downhill race. I am so glad I did. This fork is a tank! I weight 213 pounds, but this thing held up perfectly! I was not worried the slightest when the 10 ft gravity drop approached. I flew, and them the guys told me I had won! Strong fork, light, and huge travel always wins. I am never replacing this thing!

Favorite Trail:   Any flat street

Purchased At:   Bike Koolz

Similar Products Used:   Marzocchi Bomber Z1 Light, Rock Shox Argyle.

Bike Setup:   Ironhorse Sunday World Cup w/ XCT Fork

Submitted by Jason from Maryland

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2006

Strengths:    low price

Weaknesses:    i only weigh 137 lbs. and i broke the fork internally

Bottom Line:
this is crap...do not buy it, just get somethincheap from bay...fi ur bike came with this fork, replace it

Favorite Trail:   Odenton Park

Purchased At:   Pedal Pushers

Submitted by nick johnson a Weekend Warrior from canda

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2006

Strengths:    The shocks are very soft and comfortable, its good for only riding on the street. matches bikes colors and looks good kinda

Weaknesses:    Bottoms out too easily and way to soft for someone over 140. If you jump over a 1 foot thing it will bottom out. the adjustablity sucks too.

Bottom Line:
it sucks if u weight too much

Favorite Trail:   most