RockShox Boxxer Team 2005 Front Shocks

• Damping: HC2
  • Steerer Tube: Easton butted Aluminum

Submitted by Jim a Downhiller from Phoenix AZ USA

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2007

Strengths:    Plush ride, takes big hits, adjustable

Weaknesses:    Heavy, comes stock with medium springs

Bottom Line:
For big guys like me over 220 pounds, RS recommends changing the right medium spring with a firm spring. Just did this before my trip to sunrise, and the difference was noticable. Firm ride, and very responsive. Good fork for the money. Like any fork, you can spend a couple of bucks and have it tuned aftermarket.

Purchased At:   Came on my Sunday Team

Similar Products Used:   Manitou,

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse Sunday Team

Submitted by Unknown Downhiller a Downhiller from Australia

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2006

Strengths:    Worked great straight out of the box!!!

Weaknesses:    Have not had any at all!!!

Bottom Line:
They rock!!!!
Straight out of the box they are ready to make your booty shake!!!

Go get em if you cant afford WC like me!!!

Favorite Trail:   Highland & Tambo

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Monster T and 888s

Bike Setup:   Giant Dh with Boxxer Teams!!! and a heap of other things that go up and down and some times around!!!

Submitted by Louis a Racer from Quebec

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2006

Strengths:    DC, plush

Weaknesses:    BROKEN, NON STOP TROUBLES, TO FINICKY!

Bottom Line:
I got this fork last minute for a race end of last season. Slaped it on, drove 4 hours to the course did two runs and the thing blew out, that was a boring weekend. The fork then spent a month in the shop where there were so many problems, cost me an extra 150$. So it's now winter and I got my fork back, begening of this season, take it out for a nice day of dh and by the end of the day I can see a line of oil comming out the top of the lowers. Back to the shop, hopefully they'll get it done in less than a month this time cause theres another race comming up and I have yet to train this season. I've shot two seasons of racing on account of your finicky garbage! Should have stuck it out with my Dorado and waited for another Manitou! This fork is not worth 400$!

Similar Products Used:   888, Monster T

Bike Setup:   Giant DH comp

Submitted by Sean a Downhiller from Waianae, HI, USA

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2006

Strengths:    Stiff, Adjustable, Looks cool without decals

Weaknesses:    None since I got it back from SRAM.

Bottom Line:
My fork finally works! It had an oil leak from the compression adjustment brand new out of the box. I had it sent back for repair and when I got it back it still had the leak. This was the second time that Rockshox failed to properly repair my fork. I ended up putting a rubber plug in the hollow bolt leading to the compression adjustment in order to stop the oil leak. It works fine now, but I have no compression adjustment. Kind of a bummer for such a high end fork.

This is a very versitile fork, good for both DH racers and freeriders, due to its adjustability.

Purchased At:   LBS I used to work for

Similar Products Used:   888, Sherman Slider, Super T Pro, 66RC

Bike Setup:   Faith 2, Boxxer Team, E13 SRS, otherwise still stock

Submitted by Jordan Hughes a Downhiller from Chilliwack

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2005

Strengths:    Very light, super smooth, looks great,veeerrry plush and stands up to alot of punishment.

Weaknesses:    had an oil leak and it was simple to get it fixed and nothing has happened since

Bottom Line:
This is a fantastic fork for anyhitng u do, freeriding, racing, it does it all, it is super light and it has amazingly smooth feel. buy this fork it makes my 888rc feel like crap.

Favorite Trail:   Woodlot

Purchased At:   pinkbike

Similar Products Used:   888rc

Bike Setup:   2005 Giant Faith 1, dee max, e13 SRS, Avid Juicy 7, other than that stock

Submitted by Sean a Downhiller from Waianae, HI, USA

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2005

Strengths:    Very adjustable, lightweight, color looks much better than that of the Boxxer race, 2 year warranty, I got an upgrade for free.

Weaknesses:    Compression adjustment was leaking oil out the bottom of it when I pulled it out of the box, I now have had to wait another month to ride my bike since I have moved.

Bottom Line:
I am currently very unhappy with Rockshox. This is the third fork of theirs that I have purchased that was defective right out of the box. I am hoping that after I get it back from its rebuild, that I will finally be able to ride it and then post a new and hopefully much better review on it.

Buy this fork if you are a racer/freerider who is looking for a very versitile/adjustable front shock.

Purchased At:   SRAM, Warranty for defective Boxxer Race

Similar Products Used:   Boxxer Race, Sherman Slider Plus, Super T Pro, 888RR, 66RC.

Bike Setup:   Faith 2, Boxxer Team, E13 SRS, otherwise stock.

Submitted by thomas a Downhiller from valley NC

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2005

Strengths:    8 in travel, new look that is also stiffer, 200% bigger bushing, makes noticable difference over my 04 World Cup

Weaknesses:    hmmm..old technology in damping, luckily i can trade in every year so its chill

Bottom Line:
this is a fun fork that can be raced competively at just about any level downhill. if you want to be a poser racer boy or really are an amazing downhiller (don't kid yourself here) that get an f'ing dorodo. if you like to do some good drops and hit the downhills that save your useless money on your $hit-tastic skills and get an RS TEAM. its progressiveness is great, i bottom it about 2-3 times i ride big drops or hard downhill. by big drops i mean 7-8 footers, i'm not a crazy mother that throws themself off 15ft+ cliffs, but when i say hard downhill i mean HARD downhill cause i love to fly. some people might be reading this saying "bottoms out 2-3times?! thats gay! no no no forks are designed to bottom out. whats the point in having an 8in fork if you only use 6-7 inches of it? exactly, thats stupid, so go ahead and bottom it out, and if you don't, then you don't deserve the fork, because you SHOULD bottom it out every now and then. great fork

Purchased At:   secret