Manitou Nixon Super Intrinsic 2005 Front Shocks

• Stanchions: 32mm Aluminum
  • Steerer: 1 1/8" 7050 Aluminum

Submitted by pakdoc a Weekend Warrior from Birmingham, AL, USA

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2008

Strengths:    145mm, 32mm stanctions, 20mm thru axle, SPVE, easy to set up and nice smooth action

Weaknesses:    top out noise, may need oil in SPVE as it is a brand new 2005 and it is Aug 08....

Bottom Line:
A perfect stiff AM front end for the new BLUR LT2 with plenty of ajustment to fine tune. If you get one that's been in the box on the shelf for a couple years, you may need to upgrade to Enduro Fork Seals and add oil where needed.
Oh, and the price is unbeatable.

Favorite Trail:   BUMP

Purchased At:   Greenfish.com

Similar Products Used:   2004 Minute 3, RockShox Psylo

Bike Setup:   Blur LT2, RaceFace Next Bars/Post, Dues Cranks, SRAM XO, Juicy 7's 180/160, ChrisKings IsoDiscs/X817 UST's, 09' RP23

Submitted by chris a Weekend Warrior from Modesto, Ca USA

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2008

Strengths:    I wanted a fork that had 140 to 150mm travel for my heckler. I was going to buy a pike but this fit the price I wanted to pay. At 145mm this fork performs perfect on my 06' heckler. I could not be happier in the way it has performed so far.

Weaknesses:    It does not have a lock out or travel adjustment. Which originally I thought I wanted but if I had it now I would probably not use it.

Bottom Line:
You can not go wrong with this fork if your an all mountain rider. I have been very pleased with it so far and would not change it with any other fork out there.

Purchased At:   greenfishsports.com

Bike Setup:   06 Heckler with race face cranks, juicy 7 brakes, nixon super intrinsic fork, Thomson stem and seat post, Mavic 823's, sram x-9 components and DHX 5.0 w/ti spring.