Fox Racing Shox Float XTT 2005 Front Shocks

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)
Weight : 3.83 lbs.

Float XTT with TrailTune

The "Trail Tuned" TerraLogic platform offer just the right amount of low speed compression to filter out rider induced bob, while still providing that super plush FOX magic when the trail gets rough. No need for handlebar gadgets and distractions. Keep your hands on the bars, your eyes on the trail and your smile wide with the Float XTT
-travel: 5.1"/130mm

Submitted by Jared a Cross Country Rider from Greenville, NC

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2006

Strengths:    Weight, plushness, look

Weaknesses:    price

Bottom Line:
This is the sweetest fork i have ever ridden. You just hammer along on it and its pretty much locked out, just enough give not to be harsh, then you hit a bump and it just soaks it up. This fork soaks up anything under 3 inches without so much as a quiver in the handle bars. If you want a lock out don't buy this fork it doesn't have one and doesn't need it. Sure its expensive, but its worth it. My next bike WILL have this fork on it.

Favorite Trail:   Tsali

Similar Products Used:   black, float rl, talas, reba, i work at a bike shop so pretty much everything

Bike Setup:   Fisher Cake 1 DLX

Submitted by Simon a Weekend Warrior from ACT Australia

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2006

Strengths:    Look good (most important). That great Fox feel, stiff, good rebound adjustment.

Weaknesses:    Still bob even with the Inertia valve done up tight, but not a lot. Expensive.

Bottom Line:
These felt really wierd at first, the worst shocks I've ever ridden on. But then I went over a kerb and away they went. As in previous review, they needed a short ride to break in, and now they don't feel so wooden.

The suppied cable guide look(ed) the business and was a nice touch. But it fell off on the second ride, so I'm back to cable ties anyway.

I ride with a friend with a set of Minutes, similar bike elsewhere, and neck to neck on the same climb he doesn't bob at all, but the Floats feel better hitting tree root sized bumps while going up.

They aren't a lock out though, but rather seem to be a set of stiff two inch or less forks until the inertia valve goes, and then they are five inch air forks.

And they just look good. Face it, that's what matters most.

Favorite Trail:   The one I'm on

Purchased At:   Bike Culture

Similar Products Used:   Black 120mm Coil

Bike Setup:   Fisher Cake (5inch). XT mostly with Swinger 3-Way rear shock

Submitted by Neil a Cross Country Rider from Phila, PA USA

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2005

Strengths:    Super Stiff, provides stable non-bobbing platform when clmbing and teraing up fast single track. Upgrade from F100x in the downhills

Weaknesses:    A bit heavy, and

Bottom Line:
Lowered the travel to 100mm with the spacer to math the geometry of my bike. Took a ride to break in, but so much smoother than my F100x.

I can "prepare" for an obtsacle by compressing down unlike with the F100x. rails in the corners. Gives just enough travel ("Trail Tuned" or "TT") and just enough lock-out.

Theshold does not seem to be a sensitive as my other terralogic forks, but I still need to play with it. This is what the Reba or Miunute has strived to be, but this is such a well-bit, bomb proof product, Idont mind the $$$

Favorite Trail:   Wissy, French Creek