SE Racing Mauler X-Pert 2004 Freestyle Dirt Jumper

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by mike a Racer from Tucson, Arizona

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2008

Strengths:    Durable, Good components, Good value, Lightweight, Stable balance, tough as they come. Best for Freestyle, Racing, Street riding.

Bottom Line:
This bike is awesome. One of the best bike I've ever rode and I've been riding for 15+ years.

Favorite Trail:   Gooseneck Park

Purchased At:   SE

Similar Products Used:   Eastern Grim reaper, Haro Dave mirra limited

Submitted by James from Floid Park, Ca

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2008

Strengths:    This is the best built bike I have ever rode. Fast, light, built tough, and handles better than most.

Weaknesses:    None I can think of.

Bottom Line:
Buy this bike if you have the chance. You will not be dissapointed. It may be a little expensive, but well worth it.

Similar Products Used:   Icon Moto, Black Perl 3 but lighter and better handling than these bikes by Mirraco

Submitted by aron russell a Weekend Warrior from scottsdale, AZ, USA

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2005

Strengths:    This is a great frame and fork, they are both built with strong tubing and the welds are done well. The double wall rims are designed with the triple box design. Finally, it comes with 3 piece chromoly crank.

Weaknesses:    The brakes are not very effective, What once took 2 seconds to stop know takes 4 or 5. Also, the pedals were the crappiest things I have ever rode on, they would constantly make the most anoying clicking sound you could imagine; but what can you expect they're $10 pedals.(Wellgo Platforms) The final thing that I had some problems with are the grips; they left blisters on my hands for the first few weeks until they wore down, just were gloves and you'll be fine.

Bottom Line:
I think this was a great bike for the money but if I had to do it again I would change the pedals and grips right away. Also, the bars are a little wide for most people I know with an 8 in. rise and 26.75 in. width.

Favorite Trail:   bikerboy545@cox.net

Purchased At:   bikes direct

Similar Products Used:   DK Six Pack, DK Cleveland, Free Agent Stiletto, Poverty Buck 99 and Hoffman Condor.

Bike Setup:   I'm running a 39t chainwheel with a 14t cassete and it's rolling on a Kenda Kutlas tire in the front and a Kenda Kovert on the back. I replaced the Wellgos with Primo Tenderizers which work just fine. I also plan to change the breaks with Dia-Tech Hombre with the Fiesta Kit and I will match this with the Dia-Tech Dirt Harry lever.