Ellsworth Specialist 2004 Freestyle Dirt Jumper

• Color: Red Black, Blue, Gold Black, Blue
  • Derailleur: 34.9 tp 34.9 tp 34.9 tp
  • Fork Travel: Rigid for Trials, 80-120mm for airtime.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Scott a Downhiller from Austin

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2004

Strengths:    This DJ frame is by far the best i have ever gotten a hold of. its incredibly stiff all over. it steers though tech sections better than my XC bike (sugar 1)and its not even a trail bike. very easy to handle in the air, street, or trail. i have yet to find something that it is not suited for. i even raced the beast DH. the welds are absolutely perfect.

Weaknesses:    uhh, no

Bottom Line:
    i will have this bike forever! there is no other hardtail bike that i would ever even consider. another plus is that the size long works great for tall people, i am 6'4" and it fits me just fine. you definatly get what you pay for when it comes to Ellsworth!

as far as the other review above bashing the paint job, yeah, its not paint its anodized with lazer ethched graphics, meaning in 5 years it will look the same, no fading, no sticker pealing, no light scuffs that make the frame look worn out.

Favorite Trail:   there all good

Purchased At:   Bicycle Sport Shop

Bike Setup:   kang all around, xt disc, kona clump cranks and some other good stuff.

Submitted by harley a Weekend Warrior from Vancouver,B.C.,Canada

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2004

Strengths:    everything.this bike is amazing. it can do everything plus more. the fork is industructable and the frame is extremly light.the discs are also great.

Weaknesses:    absoulutly nothing!

Bottom Line:
    this is the bike to get its worth the few extra bucks cause this bike will not break on you.i will take on anything with this bike. i live in the north shore and have bought jumping bikes up to $2500 and this is my favourite bike and i recommend this bike sto everyone!

Favorite Trail:   air supply in north Van

Similar Products Used:   all kona,norco, and brodie hardtails. not joking.all.

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth specialist,(Things modified)race face diabulus head,jr. ts,hell bent handel bars, and lizard skins lock on grips.

Submitted by Jos a Weekend Warrior from Satch CA

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2004

Strengths:    Handling, versatility, strength, workmanship, weight, handling, handling

Weaknesses:    paint job is not as nice at the bike itself, but that is a lot to take on anyway

Bottom Line:
    Lot of scryll for a HT frame, but worth every nickel. Bike feels better than any hardtail I've ever ridden whether down at the jumps or street riding or trialsin monkey business. Handles beatifully in the air stable and still twitchy, angles are great and the welds are perfectall over. Huge tubes look nice and are confidence inspiring. Warranty rules. Ellsworth customer service is spot-on with everything. It'll be tought to talk me out of getting another when this one finally fails (all good things must end.)

Buy it silly. Five fiery doggie dudus

Similar Products Used:   Specialized P-Series, SC Chameleon, Norco SuperCross bikes, Kona Stuff

Bike Setup:   Ellsworth Spec, RF NorthShore Cranks, Easton Cullys, Easton bars RF Stem, Sun Singletracks on ringle hubs, Zoke DJ1, Kenda K Rads

calling all geometry specialist. going nuts here

Heres my run down. im searching for used bikes on the internet. Some of which i cannot test ride. I want to switch from a large to a suggested medium as I am only 5'8". My actual measured inseam is 31". not my pant inseam by the way which is probably 29". I short legs and a long torso at 5'8". my cu ... Read More »

OT-Shoulder specialist

So, due to this ride: [url]http://forums.mtbr.com/colorado-front-range/its-all-totally-rideable-bro-high-country-adventure-732794.html#post8368702[/url] and my own stupidity, I need to see a shoulder specialist. Was going to go to Panorama, but don't see one on their site. Any good recommendati ... Read More »

Ellsworth Specialist

I picked up an Ellsworth Specialist this past winter at our annual bike swap and have been slowly transforming it form a parts-bin build to something a little nicer. I'd like to start using it at the local pump track, riding the 'freeride' park, and taking it to Rays in the winter but I'm having ... Read More »

My New Waltworks Information Specialist

and, yes, I got it dirty before I took photos;) Geometry CS = 440mm/17.3” (+/- 5mm each way) HA = 71* SA = 73* TT = 24.8 in ST (c-c) = 19” Features Clearance for 2.4” Paragon sliders S-bend CS and SS Cardinal BL05 powder coat (WW/Fuentes Team Blue--chosen by my daughter) Build F ... Read More »

In search of an orthopedic shoulder specialist

Long story short, I dislocated my shoulder and sustained a pretty large Hill-Sachs lesion which is basically a compression fracture of the humeral head and can cause instability. I went to my friends dad who is an orthopedic surgeon, but he doesn't seem to have a lot of experience with the type of ... Read More »