SE Racing Floval Flyer 2004 BMX

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by byknbobby a Racer from Virginia Beach, Va

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2009

Strengths:    Every bearing is sealed! Great componet set included with the bike! Geometry is set up to ride the front end high which aids in manualing. The bike is solid out of the box! Gearing is right and the 180 cranks are awesome for the track! Most other brands come stock with 175's which require you to replace with 180's if you want to race.

Weaknesses:    weight and bottom bracket. The bike is heavier than my previous DK fury but feels beter on the track so the weight melts away on the jumps. My stock BB is stiff and the bearings may be shot. Not confirmed by SE, just my gut, I will replpace with an aftermarket which won't make me any faster.

Bottom Line:
Compared to the lower price DK Fury, the Floval has a much better feel and componet selection. I have raced on the DK for 6 months, then I switched to the Floval which required some adjustment. In the end, I'm glad I did as the geometry works better for racing. Also, my son is on a Ripper X. The SE brand will live in our family for many uears to come.!!!!

Favorite Trail:   Ipswitch

Purchased At:   Next Generation Raci

Similar Products Used:   DK Fury 24" cruiser

Bike Setup:   Stock with the exception of the bars. I installed 1" taller and wider bars to suite my 6'2 build.

Submitted by Bill MacRae a Racer from Menifee, CA 92584

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2004

Strengths:    This bike is tight and smooth, and seems fairly light by todays standard (though I havent weighed it ). The wheels and crank spin forever(I beleive the rear hub is a cassette). The frame is tight and the welds look nice.

Weaknesses:    Absolutly none so far.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is I bought this bike to ride with my son and glad I did. I use to race 20 years ago (I had a RACE INC.) and decided to take a chance on the new floval flyer.To all of you old school guys out there I know SE changed hands but for a stock cruiser I couldn't be happier. Its tough for me to compare because this is the first cruiser I've owned (all my others have been 20 in)but I really like it so far. So for an out of the box stock cruiser just by some pads and go racing!

Favorite Trail:   Anywere