Zion SENTINEL XT/HAYES DISC 2003 Hardtail

Thinking of upgrading to titanium? Look no further. We've taken the Zion Sentinel frame and built it up with an awesome Shimano XT parts pick, including Hayes mechanical disc brakes for awesome stopping power and Koski accessories.

Submitted by Tim Fletcher a Weekend Warrior from Cape Canaveral, FL, USA

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2003

Strengths:    Light weight, super strong, attractive finish. Really takes the bumps out of the ride and protects my 36 year old bones.

Weaknesses:    Lack of replaceable rear der hangar? I haven't had any trouble with mine at all but for the $$$, I think it should come with one.

Bottom Line:
I upgraded from an old steel Diamondback (with no suspension) so this was a giant leap for me but, there is no doubt that it was a smart move. Quite simply, this bike ROCKS! I'm a relative newbie to the sport and really had no idea what I was missing till I got this bike. She's lightweight, very attractive, well balanced, climbs like a dream and corners on rails. Thanks to this bike, I now know what its like to have the fever (and I've got it bad).
Its a perfect setup on tight FL singletrack - fast, light and nimble. Spent 4th of July weekend in Middle GA and put her through the paces on some more rugged terrain. She passed with flying colors!

I got the 18" frame and at 5'11"/180 lbs it fits me perfectly.

Thanks to the guys at Jensen USA for their superb service!

Favorite Trail:   Thomson trail - Macon, GA

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Bike Setup:   XTR cranks, shifters, derailleurs/Shimano PDM-959 Pedals/Avid SD-7 V brakes/Bontrager Valiant rims/Chris King Hubs and headset/Panaracer Fire XC Pro tires/Moots Laidback Ti seatpost/Litespeed Ti Bar/WTB Rocket V Stealth Saddle/Marzocchi MX Pro with ETA fork/Gore Ultralight Cables

Submitted by matt a Cross Country Rider from kansas city

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2002

Strengths:    responsive - puts the power from the cranks to the ground, light weight, forgiving frame - soaks up a lot of the trail roughness.

Weaknesses:    i could only afford 1

Bottom Line:
i'm using this bike for adventure racing where light weight is pretty helpful and the comfort of a full suspension is still a bit heavy. also wanted something mechanically simple (although the disk brakes might be more complex than v-brakes, i think disks are superior in wet conditions).

dave @ jensonusa was really helpful in selecting components to meet my specifications.

light years ahead of my aluminum frame hard tail.

Favorite Trail:   berryman trail, landahl park

Purchased At:   jenson usa

Bike Setup:   fox forx float rl, avid mech disks, xt groupo