Schwinn Solution FS 2003 Hardtail

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Kyle Winn a Cross Country Rider from Virginia beach

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2004

Strengths:    Great bang for the buck.

Weaknesses:    Shifting could be a little more responsive

Bottom Line:
If your looking for an entry level bike just for putting around that won't let you down this seems to be the way to go. My wife and I both ride them on almost a daily basis and we love them. Feels sturdy on any terrian and handels pavement likewise. I tested out some higher end bikes and lightness seems to be the only difference. Guess if your entering a pro race then you may want to spen the extra grand. If not this is the way to go.

Purchased At:   sports authority

Similar Products Used:   Ironhorse

Submitted by Jake a Weekend Warrior from Fort Thomas, KY USA

Date Reviewed: February 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
I wanted a bike that was tough, "cheap" and dependable. At first, I thought I was living a dream, but then I saw the Schwinn FS AL. This bike is great, simply put, I would recommend it to anyone wanting a mountain bike. I use it primarily on streets, not a lot of tail riding. However, I wanted to see what it could do offroad, and it performed great. It's easy to adjust the tires, brakes, handle-bars, and the saddle. If you have $200 or less, buy this bike. The only complaint I have is the saddle; it's a little hard. Although after riding 20 miles in two days, my butt has adjusted to the saddle.

Purchased At:   Dicks Sporting Goods

Submitted by Michael Hansen a Weekend Warrior from Chicago, IL, USA

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2003

Strengths:    Good, smooth ride. Rugged.

Weaknesses:    Gears don't shift as smoothly as I would like

Bottom Line:
The Schwinn Solution FS is a lot of bike for a little buck. I primarily ride this bike on city streets in Chicago and on Chicago's lake front. It handles uneven and badly paved roads very nicely. It also handles nicely over gravel or when I have to ride it through grassy areas. It brakes quickly and easily and feels very solid. Despite it's steel frame, it's very light and easy to pickup. This may not be the lightest or the fastest bike, but it has a solid build and a smooth ride for less than other comparable bikes.

Favorite Trail:   Chicago Lake Front