Diamondback Apex 2003 Hardtail

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by yaniv mantsur from isr

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2005

Weaknesses:    none!!!

Bottom Line:
number one bike for cross country.

Submitted by Shannon from Utah

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2003

Strengths:    very good components, excellent price, good fork, like the riser bar it came with, good frame geometry for me, riding for long periods of time is comfortable, 9-speed

Weaknesses:    low end shimano mechanical disc brakes did not impress me, a little on the heavy side, shimano clipless pedals are a little hard to get out of

Bottom Line:
I am very happy with my purchase. I had a 1998 Gary Fisher Kaitai before, which was needing some upgrading. My dead fork was actually hurting my neck and shoulders and riding wasn't fun. Now I have a much better frame size and geometry for my size and better components. I think any fork would have better than what I had been using, but the Marzocchi has been great. I can't believe how much faster and funner going downhill is with a new fork. A great deal!

Purchased At:   Wimmer's Ultimate Bicycle, Logan, UT

Similar Products Used:   i think i rode a diamond back response at the store

Bike Setup:   switched model seat out for a women's Specialized seat I already had; swapped out low end disc brakes for Shimano Deore LX v-brakes (for no extra cost) and made it lighter; switching out Shimano PDM505 pedals for Ritchey Comp v.2 (hear they're easier to clip out of)

Submitted by mike a Weekend Warrior from marlton, nj

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2003

Strengths:    very solid, light weight, excellent components for the price. ride position was comfortable on road as well as off road.

Weaknesses:    mech disc brakes, are just ok

Bottom Line:
for the price and components, can't be beat

Purchased At:   genie cycke centerm medford nj