Dean USA Scout XTR 2003 Hardtail

Submitted by John a Weekend Warrior from Cocoa, Fl. USA

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2002

Strengths:    Light,Strong,COMFORTABLE,and built by a small enough company that someone will answer the phone,and talk to you.

Weaknesses:    None really-the bottom bracket threads were cut a little shallow on one side, but we got the bracket in ok.

Bottom Line:
This is really a review of the frame. I had been buying parts to upgrade my Trek 4500, but it wasn't getting much lighter, and was still uncomfortable,so I decided to look at buying a frame, and building a bike. One of the guys I
ride with has a 9.8 Trek that he really likes, so I looked at carbon frames as well as Titanium.

A former racer friend let me ride his GT Xizang for a few weeks, and I was sold on Ti. He also helped put the bike together when the parts came in.

The bottom line is this. I read reviews on frames on this site for weeks, and finally picked up the phone and called Dean and ordered. The bike built up great, weighs right at 22 pounds, is fast, handles great, and is VERY comfortable.

I have no regrets at all, and highly recommend the frame and the company. I can't understand the previous post at all. Iceman-can you explain why you are so unhappy with your's?

Favorite Trail:   Little Econ

Purchased At:   Dean

Similar Products Used:   Trek alum. hardtail-bought and GT Xizang-borrowed

Bike Setup:   Marzocchi MXC-ECC, Daves Speed Dream Wheels/w Stan's Notube system-IRC Searac tires, XTR drivetrain complete,Avid SD-7,

FSA stem, Moot's Laid back post, Titec ti bar, Gore cables, Chris King head set.