Bianchi KingBee 2003 Hardtail

Submitted by Graig from Medina Ohio

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2003

Strengths:    This bike can take a beating. It feels like a tank when you ride it. The frame is real stiff witch I like a lot. I love the fork. It can take anything, and you can adjust it infinatly. The hayes hydrolics are so sweet. I should have gone disc sooner. The bike comes with 2.45 wide tires. They are awsome in loose or muddy conditions. Look for other tires if you ride hard packed or pavement.

Weaknesses:    The bike weighs a ton. It would have been nice to have better components, but that was the only way they could price it as low as they did. I replaced the LX derailer for an XT. Replaced the 44t with a bash guard. Next is XT shifters. I wont be sad when or if I can bend the rims, a lighter wheel set would be nice.

Bottom Line:
Its a sweet bike. I have ridden a lot of bikes. I love the feel of this bike on the single track. Its a bit rough for down hilling, then again what hard tail isnt. I would recomend this bike to anyone. Strong frame and great fork will last for ever.

Submitted by Tom a Racer from San Antonio, TX

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2003

Strengths:    Fun, Fun, Fun. I have a Specialized FSR S-works which is my high $$ race bike, but sometimes nothing beats the fun of a beefy hardtail. This thing will run over anything. It has a higher bottom bracket than my FSR and is just fun to tank over things. I'm very suprised that it weighs as little as it does. This bike is pretty light considering its beefy frame and wheel set.

Weaknesses:    Components could be better. I switched Deore shifters to xt. Figured when I break the other stuff I'll upgrade. Bianchi had this bike spec'd out with Titec Hellbent handlebars but sent cheap aftermarket crap bars with the bike. When called on it Bianchi stated that they had run out of the Titec bars so replaced them with these. Bianchi should have done a better replacement job.

Bottom Line:
Buy it if you want a really fun bike, with a really good geometry. Rides nice as a freeride hardtail, or spec it out lighter and race it.

Favorite Trail:   www.flatrockranch.org -- Comfort, TX