Airborne Liberator 2003 Hardtail

For 2003, Airborne is pleased to offer our version of the Liberator. Based on the now legendary Lucky Strike hardtail design, the Liberator offers a strong, lightweight aluminum frame that can take whatever the trail dishes out. The mono-stay rear end offers unparalleled braking, climbing, and sprinting performance. The gusseted front triangle has withstood rigorous testing, and is perfectly at home on a peaceful single track or at a cross-country race course.

Submitted by Arthur a Cross Country Rider from San Antonio, TX

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2004

Strengths:    Lightweight, frame design, strength

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
this frame is great for a rider on a budget. it's really light and fast. a little harsh at times but that's what is expected with aluminum. bottom line this is a fast frame that will add cushion with some carbon fiber and the tubeless tires.

Purchased At:   Airborne.net

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Stumpjumper

Bike Setup:   xt drivetrain, marzocchi mx comp, mavic crossroc tubeless wheels, specialized roll-x pro tubeless tires, easton carbon seatpost,yeti grips, avid single digit 5 brakes

Submitted by Fatire a Cross Country Rider from Marietta

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2003

Strengths:    Light, nice finish, great customer service, disc brake mounts, value for price paid

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
I was a bit hesitant switching from a full suspension bike to a hardtail, but the Airborne has made it an easy transition. I would have never said anything bad about the Pro-Flex's ability to climb because I never had a problem with it bobbing while in the saddle, but the Airborne must have billy goat genetics in those tubes or something. I feel like I am climbing twice as fast and not even using half the gears I used before. On downhills I am still finding that when I hit a wobble it's more my skill level than the bike not performing. I will have lots of room to grow (skill-wisw) on to this bike. In the short amount of time I have had it I have to say that this is definitely one of the best bikes for the money out there today. For .10 of a pound more than the comparable TI Airborne frame I paid half as much but still enjoy all of the aspects that make Airborne such a great bike and company. I wholeheartedly recommend this bike to anybody that is contemplating purchasing a new hardtail.

Favorite Trail:   Ag Center or Unicoi