Rocky Mountain Slayer 2003 Full Suspension

4.48/5 (25 Reviews)

Submitted by Julian Beckett a Weekend Warrior from Oxfordshire

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2004

Strengths:    Fit and finish is excellent, powdercoat paintjob is super tough. Reasonable spread of components.

Weaknesses:    Flakey Fox build quality (Float RL)
That chainstay!

Bottom Line:
Does what is says on the tin. I had dismissed all comments about weak chainstays as a work of fiction from all you huckers out there!

However, after a couple of short rides on some rocky coastal singletrack, my Slayer has developed the same problem!

Mountain High have been as good as gold and are dealing with the warranty issue as we speak - cheers lads!!

Favorite Trail:   hristmas Common

Purchased At:   Mountain High, Pangbourne

Similar Products Used:   Kona Stinky
Marin B17

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Hale a Weekend Warrior from Charlotte, NC

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2004

Strengths:    The name "Slayer" is really cool. Great parts for the price, Z-130 fork, and 4.75 rear travel makes downhill fun, frame paintjob is nice, and geometry great, climbs very nicely on technical extended ups,

Weaknesses:    The chainstay is weak, broke mine; is lethargic on technical single track w/varied terrain(the '04 with pro-peddle may be better).

Bottom Line:
This is an update to an earlier review of '03 Slayer. I've loved this bike for a good while, It has many fine attributes. I weigh in at 215 lbs, and thought I was getting a bike strong enough for my style of riding, but the chain stay snapped after almost a year. The '04 has beeffier chain stay and Rocky Mountain should replace mine w/ the '04 part. The tires look great and perform well until they flat, which for me has been very often. I'd say I've had about 10 flats with these tires. I've gotten good at changing a tire on the trail, as well as adjusting disk brakes. I like riding this bike in the mountains where there are long extended ups, and long downhills, and flying over and through rocky creeks best. The trails around town are mostly technical varied terrain single track, (lots of ups, downs, turns, dips etc) and like I said the '03 Slayer feels slightly sluggish on these. I feel good about the sum components on the Slayer, and the price I paid. I may just upgrade the frame to the Heckler, a stronger platform for my riding style, and I think a stronger peddler due to 5th dimension coil shock. Slayer, you've been a blast!

Favorite Trail:   South boundary, Taos NM

Purchased At:   Kind Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   '00 Ellsworth dare, '99 Haro escape

Bike Setup:   Stock: marz z-130 air fork, shimano disk brakes, race face stuff, changed out peddles & seat.

Submitted by MF a Weekend Warrior from Carbondale, CO

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2004

Strengths:    Long travel, smooth ride, good geometry, good components. Love the disc brakes. This bike has improved my riding skills.

Weaknesses:    Stock tires were so-so. Watch out for that 3d Linkage "creaking," that's a sign of a potential problem -- mine expanded and spread off of the bearings and snapped the rear shock pin where it connects to the linkage. I was able to McGiver the rig back together by removing the shock and replacing the rear (broken) pin with the front pin (same size) and wrapping a tube around the seat post for padding. This enabled me to (low) ride out instead out of having to walk out of Porcupine Rim trail in Moab. I had the chainstay crack also about five months out. My bike shop told me there was a recall on the chainstay and to bring it in for the replacement part. a little slow to get parts from Canada.

Bottom Line:
Great bike. Good dollar per component value. Great customer service on the chainstay problem. I'm confident that Rocky Mountain will take care of the other weaknesses as well.

Purchased At:   2500

Similar Products Used:   Specialized Epic

Bike Setup:   Stock exept for Geax tires, Shimano 545 pedals, handlebar grips, and bear (a.k.a. beer) bell.

Submitted by Tank a Cross Country Rider from Loveland, CO USA

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2004

Strengths:    Purchased bike 07/20/03: Large frame available unlike other manufacturers: 20.5, Marz' forks are plush and I enjoy the different settings for local and foreign terrain. Fox shock performs as designed. Upkeep is easy with frequent maintenance. Frame is stout, '04 chainstay tremendous improvement. Put 10 weight oil in Marz' forks and it became plush instead of squishy which was caused by my 6'1" 215 lb body and my riding style. I bought it because I am considered a larger rider who consistently rides challenging terrain weekly at various altitudes.

Weaknesses:    They have all been mentioned below; I too experienced the failed chainstay after 76 miles followed by a 3 mile hike off the mountain. I reported I was JRA and it was replaced no questions asked by RM with the '04 chainstay which is...robust in many respects. I attribute my chainstay failure due to the combination of ill placed lightening holes on the chain stay and chain suck as the tolerances between the chainstay and crank set are extremely high/close. And who the heck is going to stay with a Shimano HG 73 chain in dry dusty high desert terrain? Which leads me to the following, I too have "worn out" the components (chain,tires,handle grips,rims,BB) mentioned in other posts, but I was cool with that as I knew they were on the low side of the component quality spectrum and would likely last a lot longer with lighter and basically passive weekend warriors. Over all I believe the Slayer to perform as designed and I like to think I have taken mine farther and ridden harder than some other local Slayer owners...err I have yet to compare it to the new '04 Slayer 70. I think it is a stout platform for technical riding in Northern Colorado where you always have the option of rolling or dropping steep obstacles on your favorite trails.

Bottom Line:
It's a stout middle of the road/singletrack priced bicycle. I would like to qualify my comments above, they are from a person who is consistently told by more competent riders at least 4 times a week: "That's a bicycle not a unicyle!" or "You call that a line?! Where?!" or "When it comes to climbing obstacles the key to working a good line is FINESSE, that's something you do not seem have since you to roll over anything in your path such as small children, animals, boulders and trees."

Regarding my rating below it is based on my personal experience in my local environment. The folks at my LBS, Sports Garage in Boulder are some of the finest in my opinion.

Favorite Trail:   Hall

Purchased At:   Sports Garage

Similar Products Used:   Learned on a hardtail, still have it for pre-season use and then it's Slayer time until the snow falls. I did try the ETSX 50 & 70... too nice a ride for my style but those ROCK!

Bike Setup:   '03 Slayer frame, '04 chainstay, Sram PC-69 chain, RF Signature XS Isis BB, all else pretty much the same from the factory.

Submitted by Jan Jungnitsch a Weekend Warrior from Luedenscheid, Sauerland, Germany

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2004

Strengths:    Geometry is awsome for technical trails with small drops. perfect craftmanship and the varnish. I have a special edition with the team colors. Suspension works great. I do not miss any pro pedal or any stuff like that. Just turn in the rebound a bit more and you have the ideal traction.

Weaknesses:    First:I had a creaking sound at the suspension. After an intensive call with the technical support (from bike action, Germany), I could eliminate the sound.
Second: Furthermore I had a thin crack at the hole in the
chainstay. After contacting the support I had within 3 days
a new chainstay without holes, good job bad construction!
At Least: I had a rattling sound in my front suspension. I sent it back to the distributor to fix the problem. After 2 weeks I had my fork back.
You have to count with trouble when you have such products. However, a good support and service becomes more important, and that was the case in my complainments.

Bottom Line:
This bike is for fun. I come from xc biking. and the last 6 months, I changed my kind of riding and choosing trails completely.
This bike is great for trails where is it a question of nimble. On the ohter hand it is not nervous on fast downhills. On narrow turns it is like surfing on your rear wheel. Uphill I'm as fast as with my Votex Tox and it's even more comfortable.However, I would not recommend this bike for freeriding with lots of drops.
I can't wait to check out the bike at the garda lake.

Favorite Trail:   sourcountry Trails

Purchased At:   bike-market.de

Similar Products Used:   Kona Stinky, Bergwerk Faunus FR

Bike Setup:   Customized setup: Wheels Crossmax XL UST, Tioga Factory DH2.3, Marzocchi Z1 Freeride, XT Shifter, Race Face Taper Lock, RcFce Turbine LP Crank, RcFce System Stem, RcFce Low Riser, RcFce Diabolus Lock on Grips, RcFce XY SeatPost, Flite saddle, RcFce Bottle ;-))

Submitted by Mike Z a Cross Country Rider from Sanford ME USA

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2003

Strengths:    Strong Frame, good component spec, weight

Weaknesses:    Tires, tubes, and seat

Bottom Line:
This bike rides awesome. I did blow the tubes within the first two rides. What's with the paper thin tubes on a bike like this. I didn't care for the Hutchinson Mosquito's' they didn't last very long. The lockout failed after the first two months. Took eight days to get back from Fox. The Race Face bottom bracket failed midway through the season. A few creaks developed and some play in the main pivot at the end of the season. Other than that this bike hammers. It likes going off four foot drops. The Z1 FR SL fork handles everything I can throw at it. I especially dig the deore hydraulic disk brakes. They always feel the same and the fact that they are self adjusting is awesome. They do squeal when wet but what disk brakes don't. If you want a bike that You can be comfortable on all day this is the bike that you want.

Favorite Trail:   River Trail

Purchased At:   Crum Cycles

Similar Products Used:   GT I-drive

Bike Setup:   All stock except tires and seat

Submitted by Ryan a Cross Country Rider from Terre Haute, IN, USA

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2003

Strengths:    Nimble handling, Relatively light, good active suspension, prompt response from Rocky Mountain for likage problem, just a sweet-riding bike

Weaknesses:    Linkage problem(see bottom line)

Bottom Line:
This is a follow-up to my first post on this bike and its cold as hell in Indiana right now, giving me time to give some more feedback. This bike really rides very well. I was riding some local trails with some sharp drops and managed to push one of the bearings halfway out of the linkage. My local shop got ahold of Rocky mountain and they replaced the linkage to the upgraded 04 linkage, which has a ridge to help prevent the kind of problem I had. Hopefully it will work. This is my first FS bike and I expect things like this to happen, but you've got to find a good shop and a manufacturer to back their products.

I really like how this bike handles, I leave the suspension active all the time. I run about 185-190psi in the fox frame shock with about 12-16 clips in the rebound. When Dave at Fat Bikes fixed the suspension, he test rode it and remarked how nimble it feels and thats a good way to describe this bike. A few months ago I rode some sweet single track in Hoosier National forest, this bike handles so well and allows you to control alot of speed on fast sections. I am quite pleased, except for the two weeks I had to ride my old hard tail till it was fixed. The 04 model should be improved with the new linkage.

I see where others have cracked the stays, so I'll keep an eye on that, but obviously this is a bike which can be ridden very fast on rough terrain and anything can happen. I'll post more later if anything happens.

Obviously, having a good shop is important when you have a bike which is going to be punished. We are not going to tea parties. We're riding these kind of bikes hard, so things are going to happen. I'll still rate this bike five chilis because it rides sooo nice, which is really what matters.

I'm 6'1", 210lbs and feel this is the type of bike for a rider like me. I've got the Marzocchi ZL-1 SL FR fork setup to my liking now with 45psi in the positive chambers(there are two of them)and about 105-110 in the negative chamber. The fork just swallows up big bumps with ease. The slayer frame and 'zocs fork is a great combination. I see where RM is using a pro pedal shock and fox forks for 04 which should be an improvement.

Purchased At:   Fat Bikes

Bike Setup:   Changes from 1st post: Conti Vertical pro UST, race face Next LP crank

Submitted by Dennis Romano a Weekend Warrior from Las Vegas, NV, USA

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2003

Strengths:    Plush ride, great on technical sections and downhills. Great front shock and brakes. Once dialed in, it is the best ride I have ever had in 10 years of riding. I always receive compliments on this bike. Cool.

Weaknesses:    Rear chainstay on the drive side at a machined area on the yoke broke. Tires are terrible. Rapidfire shifters. Saddle is too long for mountain biking and uncomfortable on long rides.

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up report.
I have ridden this bike for one year. This is the first problem that I have had. I estimate I have around 700 miles all off road on it. Mostly harsh desert XC riding.
When the chainstay snapped it was fairly disappointing. I took the bike directly to Copelands Sports. The bike shop manager, Lori immediately placed a call to Rocky Mountain. Rocky Mountain sent the 2004 improved replacement part out very quickly. Lori had my bike back to me with a free tune up in 10 days. I consider this to be fantastic customer support from both Rocky Mountain and Copelands. Lori continues to be the reason I send all my friends to her store.
People, you have to realize that mountain biking is hard on the equipment. The builders are constantly trying to make the bikes light yet strong. Some things work and some don't. I feel that both the bike shop and Rocky Mountain have stood behind their product and I will continue to be a loyal customer for it.

Favorite Trail:   Bunker Creek, UT

Purchased At:   Copeland's Sports

Similar Products Used:   Canondale Super V900, Marin Rocky Ridge and Rocky Mountain Stratos

Bike Setup:   Sun SUV wheelset with Tioga DH tires, Sram Rocket shifters, Easton stem (0 degree) and WTB Rocket saddle.

Submitted by Rick Z a Cross Country Rider from Calgary, AB, Canada

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2003

Strengths:    - Good compromise of weight vs. long travel. Easy to ride all day in any type of terrain. It especially likes the long, fast downhills.
- The Z1 FR fork is stiff, very tuneable and plush over the full travel range without bottoming (until it started to pack up – see below).
- While they look cheap the rims & headseat were fairly trouble free all season.
- Brakes are strong and reliable once you change out the stock pads.

Weaknesses:    - Ridiculously weak chainstay design. Will break often and leave you stranded.
- Bottom linkage pivots creak and wear out fast, despite having sealed bearings.
- Comes with some cheap components considering the price of the bike (bottom bracket and tires being some examples).
- Slow, apathetic warranty service from Rocky Mountain and Fox.

Bottom Line:
Overall the bike is frail and unreliable - not a good thing on long trips (which is what “all-mountain” bikes are supposed to do). Here’s a summary of the problems I’ve had:
After one month of riding:
- The chainstay linkage bearings started to creak and develop play. Replaced once since then, but this last set seems to be holding up OK.
- Stock bottom bracket (Race Face SRX) started to creak and develop play. Replaced with an FSA (very good), also got a Signature FR replacement from Race Face under warranty.
- Poor stock tires – they were slippery on almost everything. Replaced almost immediately after bike was purchased.
After two months of riding:
- Broken chainstay on the drive side across a hole drilled in the yoke. This happened while pedalling uphill – pretty pathetic. Replaced under warranty by Rocky albeit quite slowly (over 2 weeks).
After three months of riding:
- Another broken chainstay, same thing as before but off a 2 ft drop this time. Replaced temporarily with one off a floor model. A new “beefier” chainstay without a hole was ordered from Rocky as the warranty replacement, which took a month to come in. To top it off a crack was found on the floor model chainstay just before it was replaced.
- The fork neg air chamber started to pack up with oil and compress the fork. Now after every 2-3 rides the neg air chamber needs to be bled off to release the oil. I will be taking the forks in for warranty this winter.
- The rear shock lockout went out of commission – not a big deal since I learned to live without it.
After five months of riding:
- The rear shock started leaking oil and a month later lost all rebound damping. Ordered a Vanilla R as a warranty replacement but still hasn’t come, so the Bike Shop gave me a Float R off a floor model.
- Snapped one of the shock mounting bolts – this happened after the shock started to go. When the bolt broke the linkages popped right off the bearings with a hair raising “CRACK” sound.
- Drivetrain wore out - not really an issue, sort of expect this to happen.
Of all the problems I’ve had the breaking chainstays is the most inexcusable. I too heard the 2001 Slayer problems and thought this was the same issue, but apparently Rocky says it isn’t. However to date I do not have an explanation from Rocky or anyone else why this is occurring. Personally I think it is just poorly designed – why drill a hole though what looks like the thinnest, weakest part of the chainstay?
Really this is all a shame because functionally the bike is excellent. Fairly light, climbs easy and descends even better. Once dialled in the suspension works well and the amount of travel is perfect for the type of riding I do - keep in mind I’m not a “huckster” or even close to being one. Unfortunately I had to get used to doing plenty of fixing and making lots of warranty claims.
I would like to say kudos to Mike T at the Bike Shop in Calgary for helping me out with the warranty issues I’ve had. He got me back on the trail when Rocky & Fox failed to deliver. However this will be the last Rocky I will ever buy and I will advise others to stay away from them. Next year I’ll be looking for a Santa Cruz Bullit – now that looks like a real mountain bike.

Purchased At:   RVC, Edmonton

Similar Products Used:   Kona Dawg, Stinky, Cannondale Jekyl, several other duallies & hardtails.

Bike Setup:   Basically stock except:
- Nokian NBX tires (good traction but not durable, knobs peel off easy resulting in many flats).
- Time Z Control pedals.
- Kool-Stop pads.

Submitted by Tony a Weekend Warrior from Georgetown Ontario

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2003

Strengths:    Plush, great fork, climbs like a goat, descends like a demon, makes me feel like i'm a better rider than I really am.

Weaknesses:    Tires swap'em for something a little more aggressive if you ride in mucky conditions like ontario in the fall. A bit heavy if your not.

Bottom Line:
This bike is an absolute blast to ride, it just rips through sections of trail that I used to have to hike. Had some problems with creaking out of the main pivot but the boys at Ollies had it sorted tout suite. I'm a clydesdale type and I don't think theres a better bike available for thumping through the forest, some of the wee'er folks might be further to go to something a bit lighter (element etc.). just ditch the jive rubber for something more appropriate. 5 flaming poops!

Favorite Trail:   Hilton Falls

Purchased At:   Ollies Cycle and Ski

Similar Products Used:   first full squish, used to ride a carbon fibre hardtail

Bike Setup:   04 frame with 03 spec, switched pedals to times, and put on odi ruffian grips. shopping for rubber

Submitted by Hale Trotter a Weekend Warrior from North Carolina

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2003

Strengths:    Versatile and fun to ride. Can handle anything you throw at it. Climbs great for those long mountain ascents; is well balanced over jumps; flys downhill, very stable; rides right over anything in the trail, rocks logs etc; Geometry is great, 2.3 tires are so plush.

Weaknesses:    The pivot bolts have already begun rusting, and I keep bike dry and inside. not sure about the ritchey scuzzy logic headset.

Bottom Line:
I love riding this bike. It is so practical, as though they (RM) thought of everything on this one. It has made me a better rider. I was looking for a used '02 Slayer when I found this new '03 deal on mtb classifieds. I feel great having found the perfect bike, for me, at a great price.

Favorite Trail:   South boundary /NM

Purchased At:   Kind Cyclist, Vail Co.

Similar Products Used:   '99 Haro escape, 2000 ellsworth Dare

Bike Setup:   all stock but seat and pedals; WTB seat/ Time alium pedals

Submitted by Butter a Weekend Warrior from Laramie, WY, USA

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2003

Strengths:    Fairly plush once you get it dialed. Fork is great. Rear end linkage quite stiff and bearing movement smooth. Rear shock easy to adjust. Front end very stiff.

Weaknesses:    Drive side chainstay broke in half (JRA, seriously) Bent rear brake mount in minor wreck. Stock bars too narrow. Stock rims too narrow. Crappy creaky bottom bracket. A bit overpriced for what it is.

Bottom Line:
The broken chainstay is being warrantied as I write this. The sad thing is that they (RM) had a Consumer Products Safety Commission recall of all the 2001 Slayers two years ago because of this very issue. They said they had it fixed, but evidently they didn't. It broke below the front derailleur on the machined yoke right across where it had been drilled out. It's sad because this is smooth ride otherwise, when it is working right. RM gets a lot of marketing mileage out of their bikes being handmade and bombproof, but what does that matter when they won't hold together? I think RM bikes overall are great, but overpriced. Other Canadian bikes are just as good, but not as expensive and slickly marketed. I don't want to be too hard on this thing because it would be a great bike if it would hold together.

Favorite Trail:   Headquarters trail

Similar Products Used:   Jamis Dakar, other duallies, hardtails.

Bike Setup:   Mostly stock except for King Headset, Azonic Shorty Stem, Easton Monkey bars, Race Face bashguard, Shimano 646 pedals.

Submitted by Greg H a Weekend Warrior from Edmonton, Canada

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2003

Strengths:    CANADIAN BUILT, great parts spec, perfect geometry for climbing and decending , quality in the frame construction

Weaknesses:    Tires, they don't corner well and they don't climb well

Bottom Line:
Frame contruction is second too none.The Marz. Z1 FR SL is amazing once it's set up right(190 lbs. 43 pos. 145 neg.)I was worried about climbing performance with the extra travel but it hasn't affected my climbing at all. When climbing steep paved accents I felt no bob at all as long as you make use of the clipless peddles .I felt no need to lock out the rearend on the trail,this is a very efficent design.This bike allows me to travel alot faster over rough single trak with no feed back in the suspension ,the bike just seem to surf.I can hit steep accents on the trail alot faster without being bucked off. The shimano 525 brakes are fantastic compared to the avid mech. discs I'm coming from, they have a much better lever feel, they don't squeel and you dont't have to adjust them every ride, you just leave them alone until its time to replace the pads.Busted a couple of four footers and she lands straight and true with no bottoming.This is a true trail bike, it's the only bike I will ever want or need. And concerning the saddle, it's the most comfortable saddle I've ridden on (no more girly gel pants).Anyone looking for a top quality, bomb proof, efficent, trail bike that was built with canadian love that you can pass down too your grand kids in 50 year should look no further.

Similar Products Used:   Norco hard tail, Gaint nrs`

Similar Products Used:   Norco hard tail, Gaint nrs`

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Ruben a Cross Country Rider from Sursee, Switzerland

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2003

Strengths:    Great frame: the looks, paint job, welds and handmade. The seatpost can be lowered to the max. The component choice is balanced, no real weak parts: LX/XT drivetrain, comfortable saddel and the nice raceface parts. Marzocchi Z1 FR SL is the best: stiff, plush and 130mm of travel. The rear is very sensible and plush.

The Slayer is a joy to ride!

Weaknesses:    A creaking sound in the 3D Link area: Was solved by my LBS (Bike Shop Willisau, Switzerland --> great shop). The deore brakes are good, but the rotors look cheap and they squeal when wet.

Bottom Line:
This bike is so great to ride! It seem to "surf" singletracks and loves technical stuff. The heigh BB helps to clear logs and rocks. The suspension is so plush, it eats everything you throw at it. I drive much faster than before, try out new trails and (small) jumps, the bike is so much confidence inspiring.

The slayer is very sturdy and still not to heavy. I can climb for hours with it, the forks ECC 5 helps a lot. I did a tour with an elevation change of 1800m and it was nice to drive up. Going down was even better, though!

The setup was not easy: I'm 85kg (about 190lbs) and have found my setup at 220psi rear and positive 30psi/negative 140psi in front (look at the Marzocchi Z1 FR SL reviews for more setup examples).

Value: In the US the bike has the right price, in Switzerland it would cost about $1000 more...

Who should buy this bike? If you want a "do everything" bike, if you love singletracks and technical trails and search for bike for fun but not for races, then the slayer is for you.

Purchased At:   Mike's Bike, San Rafael, CA

Similar Products Used:   Previous bikes: Specialized Ground Control FSR MAX (1997) and Gary Fisher Kai Tai (2000). Rented Rocky Mountain Element and test drove many others (Specialized Enduro etc.)

Bike Setup:   Everything is stock. But I plan to replace the brake rotors to something more vented and maybe larger (min 180mm). I like to replace the pedals with Time ATAC Z-Control.

Proper size for a Rocky Mountain Slayer

Hey guys, I need help with buying a Slayer. I am wondering is the Slayer 30 good enough for all mountain riding or would a 50 be better? Mind you, I currently have a recreational bike that just doesn't cut it anymore, so switching to a Slayer is a real big upgrade. I am just wondering wether the add ... Read More »

07 Slayer as DH

Hi all, I got my first taste of DH at Whistler last weekend and I am hooked! I'm likely going to be able to only get to a DH mtn/park maybe twice a month but I have a tonne of XC trails near where I live. Currently I have a 2007 Rocky Mtn Slayer 30, which is technically an "all mtn". I've tr ... Read More »

2012 Slayer 70 with Fox RP23 XV PSI

I've had the pleasure of owning a 2012 Slayer 70 since last October. The bike has been fantastic for the most part and has been able to tackle everything I've thrown at it. The one issue I have had is the Rp23. I weigh 170-175lbs with my camelbak on. According to Fox, and everything I have read, ... Read More »

Rocky Mtn. Slayer 50 or 70

Im about to buy a new slayer. I rode a demo 50 and it was really sweet. I was very impressed with it. Bike pedaled like a champ and was really fun on the descent. But thinking about going to with the 70. Is the 70 really worth the extra money. I pretty much ride Seattle/bellingham area. Any input w ... Read More »

Coil shock on a 2012 slayer 50

Who's done it. Pros and cons? Does the bike still climb well? I don't shuttle very often, mostly climbing up and riding down.Read More »