K2 Tirade 4.0 2003 Full Suspension

4.71/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by cory scott a Downhiller from omaha

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2006

Strengths:    super strong frame, goo plush travel, easily upgraded

Weaknesses:    short top tube

Bottom Line:
Great bike, I've used for XC, free ride, some moderate drops, and some dirt jumping. Bottom line is this a fine bike, wish K2 would bring back a big hitter, they hit the mark with the tirade and it disappeared, why?

Favorite Trail:   anything with a chairlift

Purchased At:   supergo

Similar Products Used:   Haro extreme

Bike Setup:   stock frame, rockshox Boxxer ride fork, mallet pedals, Launch FR wheels

Submitted by Ben a Cross Country Rider from Canberra ACT Australia

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2005

Strengths:    No bob on the up hill runs

Bottom Line:

Great bike, for free ride and cross country, handles the bumps and jumps with ease. Feels great to ride around, pleasure to ride

Favorite Trail:   Majura

Similar Products Used:   NRS3

Bike Setup:   Fox Vanilla R rear suspension, Manitou Black front suspension, deore shifters, lx rear deraillier, deore front

Submitted by ed a Cross Country Rider from VA

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2004

Strengths:    Suspension, frame, brakes

Bottom Line:
Frame feels solid! Compared to my cannondale superV it's night and day. My superV had frame flex and many squeaks to it, awkwardness, and limited travel. On the K2 I luv the adjustable travel, brake set, and overall feel of this FS. Stock components are what I was looking for. Bought new to avoid ebay no warranty hassle on used bikes.

Similar Products Used:   99 SuperV900 disc

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by miguel cruz a Weekend Warrior from hermosillo

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2004

Strengths:    good brakes,strong frame, good rear and front suspension.

Weaknesses:    a little bit heavy

Bottom Line:
soft riding feel going up and downhills (great suspension), after riding a hard-tail for 6 months now i feel like flying, excellent brakes, disk brakes are worth the additional weight, for the $900 bucks i paid is a great bike, I was afraid about the weight but "nowayjose" you don´t feel it.

Favorite Trail:   bachoco hills (coyote-extreme trails)

Purchased At:   supergo

Similar Products Used:   ie3 gt

Bike Setup:   avid mech-disk brakes, manitou black 100/120mm fork, deore and xt shimano components, fox vanilla (rear suspension) 6,5 and 4 inches of travel, truvative components.

Submitted by Blake Reed a Downhiller from Bellevue, Wa. U.S.A.

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2004

Strengths:    Has great components, both front and rear suspension adjustable; Front: 100-120 cm and Rear: 4-6 inches.

Weaknesses:    Does not have a weakness if you use it for what it is made for.

Bottom Line:
In my opinion the best part is the adjustable suspension. It is the best bike in it's category by far for the money. You can get better but it is gioing to cost you a shade under $2000. Overall great bike for the money!

Favorite Trail:   Anything without pavement

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Giant Gary Kona ect.

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from Tucson

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2004

Strengths:    PRICE! For the money, you just can't get a better group of components. Mtn Bike Action had rave reviews for the 5.0; this bike has a real solid feel to it.

Weaknesses:    Can't see wearing clipless pedals on a downhill / freeride / trail bike. Other than that, maybe the headset. It is a Ritchey, however.

Bottom Line:
I haven't really had an opportunity to put this bike through it's paces. However, Mtn. Bike Action loved the 5.0 and Uncle Sam gave me back some money this year, so I figured "why not?". I'll post a follow up after I beat it up. Oh yeah, the guys at Supergo slimed the tires for me for $20, and gave me free flat repair forever (no kiding). The brake and derailluer adjustments are free for the life of the bike too. They encouraged me to go out and ride the heck out of it and bring it back in for the free 30 day tune-up. See ya in 30, it's time to ride!

Favorite Trail:   nothin' here (yet)

Purchased At:   Supergo (in town)