Fuji Adventure Comp 2003 Full Suspension

Submitted by Unknown a Cross Country Rider from Charlotte, NC

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2003

Strengths:    Components. Has a decent setup compared to similar priced hardtails.

Weaknesses:    Saddle,

Bottom Line:
First real bike for a long time. I bought it for an endurance race we have that has a 50mile mountain biking section to it. Got a great deal on it compared to similar hardtails in the price range.

Bike rides fantastic. Took it on some intermediate trails to fell it out. The bike rode great compared to the hardtails I used to ride. Absorbed all I could throw at it. Very easy to control.

Only complaint is that there seems to be some squeaking when I pedal.

Also, at 29lbs, even though it is light for a decent dually, going to try to shave some weight off due to extreme distance I have to travel.

Similar Products Used:   Tested Cannondale F600, Gary Fisher Big Sur, Corratec FreeRide XL

Bike Setup:   All base components except upgraded rear to Deore XT and pedals to egg beaters.

04 Fuji Adventure Comp came with extra swingarm...why?

So I just bought this bike used and the guy gave me an extra swingarm that he said came with the bike and had never been used. He said it came in the box. I compared the two swingarms and the one not on the bike has a bit more of a pinch on the cassette cog side than the one on the bike. It's not ... Read More »

Iron Horse Warrior Elite, Hollowpoint Sport, Fuji Adventure Comp or ? Best Year End

I've been looking for a full suspension mountain bike. I'm about 5'9", 160 lbs and ride streets, trails and downhills and I'm located in CA, SF Bay Area. Since this is the end of the 2005 models, I'm hoping to get a bargain before they the 2006 arrive. What are the best deals you've seen? I' ... Read More »

Fuji Adventure Comp...???

Hey, I was in Performance today and got a look at the 05 Fuji Adventure Comp. It seems like a pretty good deal. It is a 4-bar with a horst-link...so what makes it different than an Ellsworth Truth besides the amount of travel and weight?Read More »