Cannondale Jekyll 400 Feminine 2003 Full Suspension

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Bethany Devos a Cross Country Rider from Churchville, PA USA

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2004

Strengths:    Very nice component selection for the price. The WSD makes the ride just what full suspension should be and has been for bigger folk.

Weaknesses:    The stock Deore shifters, XT rear D and the SRAM 9 speed cassette did not love each other. Ghost shifting, crappy shifting = horrible ride. Additionally small hands made trigger shifting difficult. Too long shift travel for short fingers and thumbs.

Bottom Line:
Great bike. Good looks and good performance. Mismatched shifting components need to be replaced. Cut a deal with your LBS when you buy it. Ditch the standard Deore shifters and go all SRAM like my husband did for me or maybe XT shifters to match the stock rear D. Almost forgot.... Seat needs replacing. Butterfly is very cute but seat is hard as rock.

Favorite Trail:   canal bank

Similar Products Used:   Hubby rides Giant AC-1 frame rigged for free-riding with full XT set-up. Got this bike when we got married so I could ride with him.

Bike Setup:   Bike is stock except for SRAM 7.0 ESP shorty gripshifters and SRAM 7.0 ESP rear D. After husband installed gripshifters and new rear D bike rides like a dream. Gripshift is perfect for folks with small hands.

Submitted by ima wussy a Cross Country Rider from wussaga beach, ont, can

Date Reviewed: August 4, 2003

Strengths:    good balance of components and quality, even for a huge 6'5" 225lb man/woman, it rides like a dream

Weaknesses:    lets people know my secret, that i have both sets of genitalia, i'm torn between being a man and a woman.

Bottom Line:
i'd recommend this bicycle to anyone that breaks the "normal" body type stereotype.

Favorite Trail:   easy does it

Purchased At:   from trunk of suspicious car

Similar Products Used:   none that look this pretty

Bike Setup:   stock, except seatpost, had to put a 800 mm 27.2 post in to fit my crazy shemale inseem.

Submitted by Ellen a Cross Country Rider from Boston

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2003

Strengths:    This bike was real nice and when I can afford another one I will get the Jekyll 400. I am a small woman at 5'2" and this is a very comfortable ride and the petite option fit real well too. The black with purple flames was sharp looking too. The fact that you can change the geometry to fit the ride is extremely appealing to me. I am waiting for some good deals out there due to Cannondale's financial woes. It won't stop me. This is a great bike ladies

Weaknesses:    Weight. This is about what feels like 6 or 7 lbs heavier than my Fuel (which is also a great bike.) Other than that I have no complaints.

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike and if I could have bought this too I would have.

Favorite Trail:   Willowdale, Ipswich MA