RockShox Judy TT 2003 Front Shocks

SPRING: NEW! Dual Stage coil/elastomer spring
Adj: Preload

Submitted by L3ONNOEL

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2012

Strengths:    Very reliable fork. Ive been using it for 9 years and never serviced them. I have even used them for some jumping and they work fine

Weaknesses:    No adjustments, very rigid

Bottom Line:
No use buying these forks because they are so old, get something new

Submitted by nate a Downhiller

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2012

Strengths:    ajustable

Weaknesses:    none that i saw

Bottom Line:
love them all the way around they did great no matter where i went:)

Bike Setup:   i had them on a trek alpha 4500 the bike is shot but there the only part in great shap besides paint

Submitted by Alighieri a Downhiller from West Europe

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2011

Strengths:    looks durable and is durable, price-value, it ages like wine, I have the idea that it never got weaker or got worn out after more than 10 years I've used it. great paintjob!

Weaknesses:    the plastic adjustment knob has NO USE exept hurting fingers after trying to turn it in cold weather, also in good weather you might as well forget about adjusting the thing, I never felt a difference in stiffness.

Bottom Line:
after reading the comments it seems to me some, or maybe a lot of poor-performing, bad quality Judy TT's got sold...
maybe they had a lot of production errors? anyhow, I got lucky, I've done a lot of rally's (beachraces, as wel as abusive downhill forest tracks) in the past with these shocks, I got my bike at the age of 16 or something, that was 13 years ago, there were no shocks available for bikes at that time where I lived, not unless you wanted to spend a fortune. I got the shocks a few years later, I guess at the age of 18, 19... approx. 10 years ago... I still use them today, not as frequently, but still, they never let me down. I did bottem them out a couple of times, but then again, I did give them a lot of abuse (:downhil foresttracks littered with huge treeroots, rocks,...) I needed stiff, solid shocks, and I am under the impression that even after 10 years they didn't soften up the slightest bit!! my bike looks old now but my Judy TT's still look brand new and the paint never got chipped!
I'm sure there are a lot of better (also more expensive) shocks out there, but to me, the Judy TT stands out!

Favorite Trail:   any forest

Purchased At:   bikestore

Similar Products Used:   suntour crap, marzocchi..

Bike Setup:   Thompson alu-frame stock MTB (must be around 12, 13 years old)

Submitted by vermontobahn a Cross Country Rider from vermont

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2010

Strengths:    Disk brake mounts, stiff 80mm of travel and I can stuff my 26x2.5 in there.

Weaknesses:    Center hoop snaps easy on down hills, good for XC & trails.

Bottom Line:
Free

Purchased At:   a dumb rep. keeps gi

Bike Setup:   UNIVEGA ds 950

Submitted by grim a Cross Country Rider from UK

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2008

Strengths:    Cheap and strong. Spares easily available and fork easy to dismantle, clean and rebuild. Do that twice a year and you won't have any problems.

Weaknesses:    Weight.

Bottom Line:
Excellent fork as long as you don't use it for regularly dropping off cliffs. Use it within its limitations and it will perform extremely well and last ages. Stiff, but that's what I like :o)
Servicing is easy.
You wouldn't use a static rope for rock climbing!

Favorite Trail:   shoreline

Similar Products Used:   marz etc

Bike Setup:   Dawes Acoma for commuting and Claud Butler Cape Wrath for XC routes. 27sp Deores and cable discs on both.

Submitted by Brian Bowles a Cross Country Rider from Cordov, Tn.

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2008

Strengths:    disk brake mounts,better than stiff fork.(nonsuspension). strong

Weaknesses:    very little adjustability. the knob for the spring did break. after five years.

Bottom Line:
good for entry level mountain biker. internal spring can be a bit harsh.

Favorite Trail:   Tour De Wolfe

Purchased At:   bike world

Bike Setup:   stock specialized hardrock pro

Submitted by Dobby 156 a Cross Country Rider from York/NYork/UK

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2007

Strengths:    well made, simple, strong, very adjustable

Weaknesses:    Not to much travel, could have better design.

Bottom Line:
very good so far no problem as of yet, works fine, can get some real speed from them.

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   First real MTB forks

Bike Setup:   Scott Voltage, Deore groupset, Rear-XTR hub, Mavic Rim, Deore Cassette, Front Wheel - Deore Hub, WTB Rim. Brakes Rear V brake.

Submitted by Christopher Adams-Chowdhurry a Cross Country Rider from Walthourville, ga, USA

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2007

Strengths:    Very strong fork, swapped a Marzocci Z3 Bomber for it. It is very rigid, and doesn't bottom out easily.

Bottom Line:
As an ex soldier weighing 250 pounds at less than 10% body fat, I need very strong components. This is a very good fork, very strong. it makes my Ti-ride very lively, and lightning quick. This is good for a "Clydesdale", but a lightweight rider may find this too stiff of a fork to use the travel this thing offers.

Favorite Trail:   Gaustadt, Bamberg, Germany

Purchased At:   Private owner, used.

Similar Products Used:   Marzocci Z3

Bike Setup:   Airborne Corsair titanium frame, Vuelta bomber rims, Bontrager bars/cranks/stem, Deore XT

Submitted by brennan clark a Weekend Warrior from auckland NZ

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2007

Strengths:    good strong fork but mabye a bit TOO strong.

Weaknesses:    bit too sturdy for my liking

Bottom Line:
good fork but to sturdy

Favorite Trail:   raceface

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   manitou splice, RSTs, dirt jumpers, drop offs

Bike Setup:   kona blast

Submitted by brad a Cross Country Rider from issaquah

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2006

Strengths:    holds up pretyy good. great for little drops under 4-5 feet. needs to be a little softer

Weaknesses:    heavy. does not absorb as much as i thought

Bottom Line:
i bought this to replace my first fork (solid). my friend got me into doing little drops and jumps, and hopping around on curbs and stuff. tjis is great for that and is fun to bounce up and down obsticles. check out www.freeridesammamish.com!!!!

Favorite Trail:   woods trails with ladders

Submitted by jonny sleaze a Cross Country Rider from yourtown, drunkenstate, usa

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2006

Strengths:    Wonderfully stiff, never bottomed out, never flexes, low maintenance

Weaknesses:    Potential thieves eyeball it and I had to cover up the logo.

Bottom Line:

The Judy C that came with my previous Trek was a little too soft. I never had any problems with either fork, but I prefer the stiffness of the TT. Yes, I'm a rigid fork fan.

The weight of the fork didn't noticeably affect any of my riding, even hillclimbs and sprinting.

I weigh nearly 200 lbs. and it never bottomed out.

I'll give it only 4 flaming piles because it's not a true rigid fork.

Favorite Trail:   guadalasco and goat

Purchased At:   bikeworld on broadway

Similar Products Used:   Judy C

Bike Setup:   This fork came stock on my 2005 Trek 4500

Submitted by Brian a Downhiller from Seattle

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2006

Strengths:    Sweet ride for the price. if you dont like it, you only lost 30 bucks. plus you can sell it for more on ebay. great deal for low cost riding (aka cheap fun)

Weaknesses:    Freekin heavy

Bottom Line:
Very good for the price and if you are really strong. durable and simple!!!

Favorite Trail:   sst

Purchased At:   EBAY BABY!!!

Submitted by corrie longpre a Weekend Warrior from Halifax, NS, Canada

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2005

Strengths:    Good shock absorbtion, haven't bottomed out yet, that i have noticed. I hit some big stuff and am always worried i am going to kill myself in mid air then am pleased when i land and live ride another day. Tough

Weaknesses:    Heavy 5lbs hard to do manuals with that much weight

Bottom Line:
If you have judy tt's or want to get some then i would suggest if cost is an issue the go for it, if you can afford a bit more find something lighter you will thank yourself for it.

Beat the mud right out of them and are holding up fine for me.
160lbs. Started freeriding and some aggressive trail riding not to mention some trials stuff. Getting better everyday. If i could shave weight anywhere it would be the shox.

If you are new to biking you should have judy's at least not that suntour stuff.

Favorite Trail:   Wrandees

Purchased At:   came on bike

Similar Products Used:   first pair of shox seems fine to me.

Bike Setup:   Ironhorse sonic 03, rock shox judy tt, xt derailers.

Submitted by Ron a Cross Country Rider from Wayne, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2005

Strengths:    Excellent ride for the price.
Durable, handles 3 ft drops solidly,(I'm 180lbs), little flex, smooths out rough terrain as well as more expensive shocks.

Weaknesses:    Adjustment limited, a bit heavy, travel seems less than promised 80mm, dampening of small bumps limited.

Bottom Line:
I think this is very good value. Don't seek Porche performance from a Chevy. It's a solid, functional shock for the money. So far, it takes a bumpin' and keeps right on humpin'. Good for beginner to weekend intermediate.

Favorite Trail:   Any that give me a workout