Haro F3 2003 Freestyle Dirt Jumper

4.57/5 (35 Reviews)

Submitted by Twismic a Racer from Royal Oak, Michigan, USA

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2011

Strengths:    In fricking destructible. I found this bike at a skatepark, and decided to bring it home. It was ridable even though it looked like it had been there for days, it had rained a lot also.

Weaknesses:    1 piece crank, upgraded to three piece later. Grips-Very hard- makes your hand blister after 2 miles of riding. (Adam Banton grips FTW) Gyro brakes ewww

Bottom Line:
Kick ass bike. I had to overhaul it because of the aesthetic damage it took from its previous owner / elements. Really durable, but needs a little work, even if new.

Favorite Trail:   N/A

Purchased At:   Trashpicked

Similar Products Used:   Mirra Haro 540 Air, Sunday Funday Pro, WTP Envy

Bike Setup:   I run the same ratio (42/16) that was on it. I changed the pedals to Welgo magnesiums. Running a redline flight 3 piece crankset. Same fusion stem, same handlebars. I hate gyro brakes, so I changed it to straight cable with extra slack for barspins. I cut off the gyro tabs and brake mounts on the fork for extra weight savings. Sanded, repainted the whole thing. Looks brand new. Chain exploded, so I had to change that, but it was a rusty old chain. After the overhaul, I got it down sub 25 pounds, which is great, because it used to be around 30. I weighed it at a friends house and I got it to be 24.6.

Submitted by 14HaroF3 a Weekend Warrior from Michigan

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2010

Strengths:    sprocket tooth ratio, somewhat lightweight, 360 handlebars, fast, pretty to look at, rugged, good bang for buck.

Weaknesses:    Plastic pedals, 1 piece crank,

Bottom Line:
A good, rugged bike. (I figured this out when I rescued it from abandonment in a park, it was there for days and endured many torrential downpours, with minimal rust) After I found it, I cleaned it up and it was ready to go, with minimal work after many days of abuse. Since then, I have taken it off huge jumps, logged some serious mileage (about 75 miles in a months time.) on it, and busted out some street tricks with it. Overall, this bike is a great bike.

Favorite Trail:   Dirt Terrain Park

Purchased At:   Trash Picked

Similar Products Used:   Mirra-Haro air 540, Haro f2

Submitted by Stunt Master 360 a Weekend Warrior from England

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2009

Strengths:    Amazing Handle bars - Forks - Love the frame - Front brake - Love Grips - Rims - !

Weaknesses:    - Crank (recommend 3 piece) - Rear brake (cannot possibly skid unless replaced )

Bottom Line:
Overall this bike is amazing - Great for stunts (360, Transfer , Grind all sorts - recommend a desperate 3 piece crank tho :)

Favorite Trail:   Sk8 park

Purchased At:   Bike Factory

Similar Products Used:   Dont know i ride new ones every day

Bike Setup:   changed front rim for Mag (style) - 3 piece crank -

Submitted by biker will a Racer from north ridgeville,ohio,america

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2008

Strengths:    strong frame,good bars,good tires,brakes

Weaknesses:    mags,crank

Bottom Line:
its an ok bike but u should probally swap out the mags if u land hard.

Favorite Trail:   rays mtb indoor park

Purchased At:   performance

Similar Products Used:   gt mach 1 pro

Bike Setup:   new 42 tooth sprocket,2 piece crank,mongoose tires,mags still,x games seat,fusion stem and pedals,no brakes

Submitted by Matt Bingle a Weekend Warrior from Jerome,Idaho,United States

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2007

Strengths:    the bike is well put. you cant relly do anything to hirt it. its really stocky,once you get off someone elses bike then get on yours you'll know what im talking about. its really good bike it would last you a long time if you take care of it, th parts wize is pretty good except for the 1 piece cranks but other than that its good

Weaknesses:    cranks i would suggest get 3 piece cranks
pettles i would suggest you get metale platforms

Bottom Line:
haro is the best like i said its well put and very stocky i was influenced by my friend cause before i got my haro my friend had one and he left in the road and it got ran over from a deisul truck and the only thing that happend was that the phrame got a little bent when i say little im not acually being starcastic the deisul didnt really do squate really no lie

Favorite Trail:   mostly dirt/ street

Purchased At:   A-1 bike docter

Bike Setup:   new chain new cranks new petles

Submitted by mike samora a Racer from USA

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2007

Strengths:    durable and fast, also light weight

Weaknesses:    nothing I have noticed

Bottom Line:
fast light weight bike that anyone could use with out any problems

Favorite Trail:   street

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   the F2

Bike Setup:   very well

Submitted by Jonathon Soto a Weekend Warrior from Tucson, Arizona, United States

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2007

Strengths:    Everything about the bike is great but the seat has a little tear in it, bought with four pegs and three piece cranks. AWESOME BIKE 5+++++

Weaknesses:    NONE the bike is perfect!

Bottom Line:
THE ONLY BIKE YOU WILL EVER NEED TO BUY+GREAT PRICE, GREAT FOR BEGINNERS-PRO AWESOME BIKE!!! FIVE FLAMIN' CHILIS!!!

Favorite Trail:   everywhere

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Haro Nyquist 540
GT Dyno
plus many more!!!

Bike Setup:   Four pegs,
and three piece crank set

Submitted by Text a Weekend Warrior from Merritt Island, Fl

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2007

Strengths:    Very strong and durable

Weaknesses:    It's a great all around bike but if you're in it just for big air, you probably want lighter.

Bottom Line:
If you're looking for something that will withstand hard impacts, this is a great bike. My last bike was a cheap Wal-Mart 'NEXT' which I got to ride for about three months until I crashed and completely bent the frame, rims and handle bars... Also my elbow. Anyway, I've crashed this bike too many times and the thing still looks bran-new. Since my last bike was so cheap, it's hard to give a great comparison, but this bike just feels so smooth. I haven't been riding too long so I land hard and flat a lot but even then the ride is smooth. Also, I weigh 225 pounds.

Favorite Trail:   Skate park / Flatland

Purchased At:   Adventure Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Cheap, cheap, cheap... NEXT

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Jesse a Racer from paramus, n.j. , U.S.

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2007

Strengths:    great handle bars... strong tires..strong frame..solid everything

Weaknesses:    a little heavy

Bottom Line:
i suggest getting this bike if ur hardcore...and do insane stuff...can take a beating and wont cost u alot of money at all..i weigh 150 and its perfect for my weight...dont get this bike if u weigh more than 230 cuz the bike itself is already pretty heavy.

Favorite Trail:   street

Purchased At:   garage sale

Similar Products Used:   an old mongoose

Bike Setup:   how it came

Submitted by greg cressman a Racer from Delta B.C

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2004

Strengths:    Nice looking bike very strong fast good brakes to . rides well on any surfaces

Weaknesses:    Plastic pedels can easily be replaced

Bottom Line:
This is a very good bike for a beginer like me i recomend this bike to anyone nothing has gone wronge with it. Well worth your money.

Favorite Trail:   skatepark/dirt

Purchased At:   Delta Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   None my first bmx bike

Submitted by Kevin Lashlee a Weekend Warrior from wvc, ut, us

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2004

Strengths:    The 3piece crank can take a bashing. The seat is tearproof. The 14mm axles wont bend. The bike is strong and a it's the best you can get for under $300.

Weaknesses:    The rims can break on you if you don't keep the tire pressure up.

Bottom Line:
The bike is pretty good all around. I suggest new crome rims for extra stoping power, but for the price it is the best bike out there. This bike will hold up to the more advanced rider, but it's better if you dont weigh too much for it.

Favorite Trail:   park

Purchased At:   Taylors bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Haro Cozmo

Bike Setup:   I bought tires with a higher psi, but other than it's stock.

Submitted by Matt a Weekend Warrior from Perth

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2004

Strengths:    Handle bars (slim bars)brakes, good price and it looks really good, awesome for street, afordable

Weaknesses:    1 piece crank, i recomend an upgrade which i will be doing quite soon because the cranks quite weak

Bottom Line:
Awesome for early but probably for anyone. Nothing needs to be done but a 3 piece. Great for skate parks. Good price and it is the best looking bike. Yellow ones are the best.

Favorite Trail:   Skatepark

Purchased At:   TBE

Similar Products Used:   Haro Ri

Bike Setup:   Same

Submitted by Maxx Willis a Weekend Warrior from Chciago, IL, USA

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2004

Strengths:    Everything.

Weaknesses:    The bars kept moving but i still love em.

Bottom Line:
Great Bike, Alright for beginners but they might hate its wieght.

Favorite Trail:   Everything

Purchased At:   Rudys Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Backtrail x2

Bike Setup:   S&M seat

Submitted by james prashar from 08648

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2004

Strengths:    great bike for the money, strong crank, but can get weak at times... i reccomend a three piece. bike setup is great, and its very fast.

Weaknesses:    wheels and tires, if your tires arnt filled up to the right pressure and try to bunny hop a curve and dont make it.... whip out the cash cuz ur gonna have to get a new tube and get that dent out of your rim. Some parts for the haro f3 can also get expensive.

Bottom Line:
some say its great for begginers, but i think that its good for experienced riders as well. handles great in the skate park, and lands firmly on the ground without any rattle. it gives u a confident feeling when you ride it. some bikes, if you go to fast, it will start to feel a bit.... flimsy. since the haro f3 has a strong steel frame, it flies down hills without a fear, but is also light enough for me to bunny hop three feet. overall, great bike for the value... plus it looks great, the yellow f3 is a hott ass color.

Favorite Trail:   Skate park