Mosh Method 3 Star Gold 2003 BMX

Submitted by outskirtscustoms a Weekend Warrior from kokomo, in

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2011

Strengths:    solid frame, great overall bike, looks awesome

Weaknesses:    Little heavy but the added strength is worth it.

Bottom Line:
Great overall bike for light trail and BMX riding. It's not a hardcore bike but it's not a hardcore price. A good bike but not perfect.

Favorite Trail:   Street and local skatepark / trails

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   About every BMX since 1990

Bike Setup:   Stock with Maxis Holy roller tires, and new tubes

Submitted by justin morris a Weekend Warrior from Everett, WA USA

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2006

Strengths:    Solid frame and forks, I have abused the hell out of this thing. Very comfortable to just cruise the streets but also accelarates very well and handles awesome. Comfy seat!!

Weaknesses:    The cranks stripped out on the right side where the pedal threads in, (I was riding a ramp pretty hard) also the cranks had no sealed bearings. Other than that none.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. Long Live The Cruiser!!

Favorite Trail:   The streets

Purchased At:   Bicycles West

Similar Products Used:   Random BMX's

Bike Setup:   Stock except for I replaced the cranks with some Redlines.

Submitted by rod a Weekend Warrior from austin,Tx, USA

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2004

Strengths:    very stable and forgiving. the long back end gives it a live feel that comes in handy if you happen to land 50/50.it has great acceleration.Great trail bike -especialy for big riders.

Weaknesses:    that long back end makes it a b*tch to manual.there's a wierd "lip" around the balance point. Not too great for street or urban assault although the frame is plenty burly. It's perfect for trails though.

Bottom Line:
Overall it's a great bike. Worth every penny.But start doing squats now if you plan to manual it.

Purchased At:   university cycle

Similar Products Used:   Niquist R 24 (great for street)

Bike Setup:   I've got primo gorilla lower cup, Oyssey CFN stem, bully bars, 41 thermal cranks,IRC Cujo 2.35 DH front tire. Everything else is stock.

Submitted by Jay a Weekend Warrior from Hoboken, NJ

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2004

Strengths:    Nice geometry, chromoly frame, 3 pc. cranks, Ryno lite rims, price

Weaknesses:    Not setup for gyro brakes, but it's not sold as a freestyle bike anyway.

Bottom Line:
The city of Hoboken just built a skatepark, Castle Point Park, and I'll be damned if I'll let my age keep me from riding it, seeing as it's paid in part by my property taxes. I used to ride rickety wood ramps back in the 80s and all sorts of dirt trails, but I haven't riden a BMX since I was in my early 20s. I figured at 34 years old and 6'2", I wouldn't look like too much of a dork if I rode a 24" cruiser. I love this bike.

It lets me do everything I used to do on a 20" but it fits right. I can hop curbs, do big drops, catch big air off of the table top ramps in the park. I have yet to launch over the coping on the quarter pipe but give me time. At least I can still bunnyhop 180s and do old school tricks like rock-walks and curb endos.

I guess this bike was made for trails but it still works well for freestyle. I tried out the Haro Nyquist 24" but it was heavy and looked too expensive to leave locked up outside a store in the city. The Mosh is totally discrete in silver and black and doesn't have a huge logo on the frame to screw up it's look. It doesn't have a front brake, which sucks, and isn't set up for a gyro brake system. I can carry it down the 2 flights of stairs in my brownstone and rip across town and cover any terrain.

But I hear Mosh isn't making BMX bikes anymore, and cruisers are getting phased out. Glad I got one when i could.

Favorite Trail:   New York City

Purchased At:   A Bicycle Shop

Similar Products Used:   My old 1983 Kuwahara 20" and a 1999 Gary Fisher Tassahara

Bike Setup:   Stock, except the fact that i sawed 2 inches off the handle bars, bringing them down to 26", and replaced the grips.

Submitted by The Rim Reaper a Weekend Warrior from Cleveland, OH, USA

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2003

Strengths:    Not too heavy, super strong, top quality parts (Sun Rhyno lite 48s, sealed hubs, 3pc tubular crank, etc), frame is plain, great for stickers, ride is ultra smooth on road.

Weaknesses:    Came out of the box with a few messy spots in the paint, the seat binding system is f'd up, the U brake is a weak brake.

Bottom Line:
I am an urban rider, I have 3 different bikes, an old road bike, hardtail K2 Flyin Monkey urban bike, and an old C'dale M500 turned into a trials bike. This Mosh is a good mix of some of the better aspects of the 3: smooth and efficient like the road bike, bulletproof like the K2 and compact like the C'dale. I wanted an SS so I got this and I'm happy with it so far. Its flaws are silly, but they should be addressed. U brakes are so lame, a V brake would have made this near perfect. If the paint didn't flake off frm where the chain protector was (it caused the flaw, sort of), I'd give it a perfect score.

Purchased At:   CC

Similar Products Used:   well... nothing, this is the first cruiser for me. Otherwise, everything 20"

Bike Setup:   Stock + Kink chain tensioners. Mosh hubs, Sun rims, Tektro brake, Mosh everything else.