Haro Group 1 SX Comp 2003 BMX

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by Robbie Routh a Racer from Sandusky,Ohio U.S.

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2011

Strengths:    It has one of the fastest best gearing ratios I have ever rode.It has great take off from when you take that first hard pedal.Precision tight smooth turning.Great weight extremely light.Soars threw the air perfectly.I highly recommend it.If you take good care of it then it will last a long time.

Weaknesses:    It really doesn't have that many weaknesses.But the fact that the bearings in the wheels get worn out every now and then all you have to do is grease them.Take very good care of it.

Bottom Line:
Is that it is a great racing bike and has awesome race factors.

Favorite Trail:   Shady Lane

Purchased At:   A&B Hobbies

Similar Products Used:   Haro group 1 SX Junior.

Submitted by Travis Duden a Weekend Warrior from Lake City Minnesota

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2009

Strengths:    my Haro SX is a strong bike. I ride it hard everyday. it hasnt let me down in a long time.

Weaknesses:    When i got this bike the teeth on the sproket where worn down in some places. The stock tires where worn out completely and the stock brakes where broke.

Bottom Line:
Both bikes are really good. But if you are lokking to buy a race bike save our money and buy a better Haro just make sure its a Haro

Favorite Trail:   dont matter to me

Purchased At:   garage sale

Similar Products Used:   My other bike is a Haro F3. It is a 2008 bike and the SX I think might be a 2003. But dont know for sure.

Bike Setup:   On the F3 I only replaced the tires chain and brake pads. the SX got new tires brakes and sproket.

Submitted by Mike Fraser a Racer from Stevensville, Maryland, USA

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2005

Strengths:    Strong 7005 Aluminum Alloy Frame, solid trail tires (good for dirt tracks). Stock is still rock solid, yet still light.

Weaknesses:    Stock drive system is a bit touchy, my sprocket rounded off at the spindle and I skinned my knees several times, so I replaced it with an FBM Race 44t Sprocket, PoVerty 180mm Chrome Euro crankset, with a 3/4 spindle. SRAM Alloy 8 speed chain. And my favorite part, custom gold spike schraeder (spelling?) valve caps.

Bottom Line:
This bike is a solid racebike, it got me 2nd place in my class for Maryland State Champion, though I recommend highly replacing the drive system soon after you get the bike. It will only run you about $200, I was like $198ish. I don't plan on getting rid of this bike anytime soon. A good buy for $350. It's light and quick and I recomment a 44:15 gear ratio, if you race, you know what I mean when I say it shoots you out of the gate.

Favorite Trail:   Chesapeake BMX, Severn, Maryland, USA

Purchased At:   Bike Dr. (Special Order)

Similar Products Used:   My first 20" was a 2000 Nyquist Edition Haro Backtrail X2 (2 Haro's? I'm seeing a pattern here...) It has lasted me 5 years and still stands strong and proud, I'm bout to sell it to a friend in my band.

Bike Setup:   20" Rims, stock stuff, the goods lol...

Submitted by Tim Bartoszek a Racer from Warren,Ma

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2005

Strengths:    Really light, ready to race, worth its money, one of the best bikes i ever road.

Weaknesses:    some parts get worn out quickly, but you could always buy the parts it needs, like chain, or padals

Bottom Line:
great bike, even for jumping,

Purchased At:   bike shop

Similar Products Used:   sx pro,

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by JV a Racer from Belgium

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2004

Strengths:    Nice bike, everything on it is good as it comes from the dealer.

Weaknesses:    After 1 month: - pedals, chain, tires, fork, crank system, ...

Bottom Line:
At first, I was stocked when my new bike arrived. But what I noticed that the bars are really, really large. I cut them 3/4 on each side the first day. After 1 week my crank stystem broke. The front tirer is way to large. Bad grips, i placed lizard grips on it. Chain broke 2 times.

The point is, 375 $ isn't much money for a bmx bike, and it is race ready when you buy it. But i you race a lot like me, don't buy this bike, spent a bit more money and buy something GOOD! It isn't a bad bike, i recommend it for beginners but for better riders, get something better.

Favorite Trail:   My trails