Trek 6700 WSD 2002 Hardtail

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Amy a Weekend Warrior from Londonderry, NH

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2003

Strengths:    Light, handles great, Duke susp., components

Weaknesses:    Seat post slips

Bottom Line:
It's nice to see bikes designed specifically for women. This bike fits so much better than my old (mens frame) bike. I have a much higher confidence level and ride a lot faster on this bike. It climbs awesome. The only negative aspect is the seat post, it slips an inch or so after a long ride. I need a longer post anyways, I have it adjusted as high as it can go and need another 1/2 inch or so.

Favorite Trail:   any dirt surface will do

Purchased At:   Goodales bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher Tassajara, Giant Iguana, Raleigh M80, Trek 4900

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Saltychic a Weekend Warrior from Port Huron, MI USA

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2002

Strengths:    Light-weight, approx 25 lbs.(?). WSD Geometry is a perfect fit for me. (being 5'3") It came standard with great parts, although I upgraded both deraillures to XT.

Weaknesses:    I'm pretty new to mountain biking and I'm not too sure yet what is considered "weak".

Bottom Line:
This was my first mountain bike and I wanted to buy something nice...but not super expensive. This is a top of the line women's hardtail, a little pricey, but I think part of the reason I fell in love with mountain biking is because I started on this great bike. They (manufacturers)used to put crummy parts on Womens' bikes, but this comes with top of the line components that are great to start off with.

Purchased At:   Bicycle and Fitness Barn

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Upgraded both deraillures to XT.
Frame: aluminum, butted
Pedals: Shimano PD-M515 SPD
Saddle: Bontrager FS 2000 WSD
Seatpost: Bontrager Sport
Tires: Bontrager Jones AC

Submitted by kath anderson a Cross Country Rider from holy island Northumbria uk

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2002

Strengths:    light and responsive with excellent stability and handling. Really confidence inspiring when the going gets rough. The riding position is comfortable whilst encouraging fast and commited riding. For me the geometry feels spot on with a much greater feeling of power and control than I had on my previous bike (Specialized Rockhopper standard frame).
Special mention to the wonderful Bontrager bars; easily the best I've tried.

Weaknesses:    None I can think of.

Bottom Line:
I use this bike for x-country trips on forest tracks and moorland and find it excellent; precise, confidence inspiring and robust. The fit is MUCH better than my previous bike and other "mens" frames Ihave tried. The bike feels fast and would be brilliant for someone who wants to have a go at racing whilst still having a bike that is fab for longer trips or just messing about on the trail.

Favorite Trail:   Aard forest scotland

Purchased At:   m. steel newcastle uk