Titus Riddler 2002 Hardtail

• choose between single speed or geared dropout
  • disc compatible
  • superlight and stiff
  • tapered S-bend chainstays and seatstays

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Mike a Cross Country Rider from Harrisburg, PA USA

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2002

Strengths:    Light weight, perfect welds and construction, good cable routing, incredible ride quality

Bottom Line:
    I'm 5'8" and went with a small (17") and it fits me perfect. Steering is fairly quick with a 120mm stem, but not too fast. The ride quality is very smooth for an aluminum frame. I don't get jack hammered going through the rough rocky sections like I used to with my stiff M80 frame.

I like to ride technical singletrack with lots of roots, rocks, logs, and drops. A local riding trail has several 2 foot drops on a rocky downhill run that I bomb through on almost a weekly basis. No problems in the strength department, but then again I only weigh about 140 lbs with gear.

While I've built mine up to be a reliable XC trail bike (I don't race), this frame could be built up to make a very light, fast racing bike. I'm very pleased with this frame and plan to ride this thing for years.

Favorite Trail:   Lamb's Gap

Similar Products Used:   Demo'd several other bikes

Bike Setup:   Vertical dropouts, Fox Vanilla 125R (80mm setup), Avid mech discs, XT 8 sp, Race Face Next LP, King ISO with DS1-XC rims, King Headset, other goodies