Haro V2 2002 Hardtail

4.53/5 (15 Reviews)

Submitted by fullonkevinsmom a Weekend Warrior from mo

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2011

Strengths:    solid build, no nonsense turning and tracking

Weaknesses:    looking to upgrade rims and basics

Bottom Line:
i agree with the notion that there is no time to keep it low and slow resistance wins the war. This bike isnt winning any beauty pagents but can take acid drops and some serious twisting. no idea if this is even a decent bike by the experts standards but i turn into a primitive subspecies whilst riding it. i was almost caught riding naked the other night. Luckily the towel i tied around my neck as a cape, covered me jewels. by the light of the silvery moon, I endorse this product.

Favorite Trail:   snail

Purchased At:   craigslist

Similar Products Used:   GT Karakorum 1996 - a curse on whoever stole it.

Bike Setup:   totally stock except for the seat....er....saddle.

Submitted by Itay.teshuva a Cross Country Rider from Agoura hills

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2010

Strengths:    great up hill and on flats brakes are good despite the fact that they are v breaks but you could easily add disk breaks thats what i did and very reliable

Weaknesses:    stock wheels are horrible and mud gets on it and then it is hard to get of

Bottom Line:
this bike is great for a beginner it can take a punishment time and time again it is very rugged and the frame is the best don't the one bad thing i can say is really bad rims i replaced them right away this bike is great i would recommend it to any one wanting to get into the sport i would recommend this bike to a friend

Favorite Trail:   any thing really

Purchased At:   copland sports

Similar Products Used:   some giant

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Chase a Weekend Warrior from Conroe,Tx,USA

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2006

Strengths:    This Bike Take One Hell Of A beating and still works like the day i found it!!

Weaknesses:    nothing i have found but its very upgraded

Bottom Line:
Very lucky to have found works great i would have bought it no quetion about it very good for all buyers

Favorite Trail:   DOWN HILL CHALLENGE

Purchased At:   FOUND IT ON ROAD SIDE

Similar Products Used:   I dont do much mountain biking so i gues my honda bmx

Bike Setup:   upgraded gears and forks

Submitted by Yan a Weekend Warrior from Canada

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2006

Strengths:    very light , good strength , but my starting price was a little bit too high :S (about 800$ Canadian)

Weaknesses:    the stock fork suck hard! and the pedal set need to be changed as soon as you can!

Bottom Line:
very beautiful and perfect bike but u have to change many parts ..

Bike Setup:   Haro Bike V2 / marzocchi MZ1 lock-up 06 / pedals axiom double jump flat and an handlebar Crowbar Comp.

Submitted by Zach Ryan a Weekend Warrior from Atkinson Nh Usa

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2005

Strengths:    Light Frame Strong Brakes Great Shocks super strong can take a lot of abuse very durabil.

Weaknesses:    none that i have found out about so far.

Bottom Line:
Great Bike for the money good for serious riders or just recriational riders. Good for street or trail great all around bike i say buy it.

Favorite Trail:   Skeletons Height

Purchased At:   Cycles Etc

Similar Products Used:   N/A

Submitted by Justin Courage a Downhiller from Canada

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2005

Strengths:    This bike has a swell frame which can last for pretty long. It also has an Ace design. I don't know about the components because I have changed everything to make it a pretty good downhill and Dirt Jumping bike. The Haro is also a pretty damn good bike for upgrading too.... I should know.

Weaknesses:    THE FORK IS HOLE!!!

Bottom Line:
It's a good bike for people who like cross- country at first, but I made it upgraded to fit my downhill and dirt jumping needs. The frame though can withstand some pretty fierce stuff. It's a pretty good design too. I would recomend this bike for someone who likes cross-country or someone who likes to upgrade

Favorite Trail:   White Hills

Purchased At:   Freeride Mountain Sports

Similar Products Used:   brodie hellion

Bike Setup:   Everything is upgraded, so it would be too long to tell.

Submitted by Nick Messina a Downhiller from Silverdale, WA 98315

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2004

Strengths:    The v-brakes are excellent in a dryer climate. I adjusted all of the shifting components 6 months ago and haven't had a problem shifting since. The seat is comfortable for climbing. The bike is very nimble. Probably the best entry level bike for the money. This bike suprises me every time I ride.

Weaknesses:    The v-brakes in a wet climate. Here in WA you almost NEED discs! The fork could use some upgrading.

Bottom Line:
This is a great FIRST bike for any type of rider. I feel I have outgrown it only after the two years I've owned it (its definately time for a dual suspension freeride bike). It will definately turn you into a Haro fan!

Favorite Trail:   Wildcat on Green Mountain

Purchased At:   Turn 2

Similar Products Used:   Giant Rincon, Iguana, Specialized Hard Rock Comp.

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Taz a Weekend Warrior from Barrington, NH, USA

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2003

Strengths:    The V-Brakes hold up awesome, even through the abuse i put on it. I use them a lot so i need something that i can depend on.

Weaknesses:    The rims are kinda weak, i have to get new ones ASAP because they are bent so bad that they rub up against the brakes and slow me down when pedaling. The derailleur can get offset pretty easy and i have to keep going back in to get them fixed

Bottom Line:
I think that this bike is great for the price. It has put up with so mush abues, i don't know where to start. I think that i may need a full suspension, though. A big, into-it mountain biker would not want to buy this bike. for a more of a recreational biker, this would be great

Purchased At:   Philbricks Sports in Dover

Similar Products Used:   None before this one

Submitted by Rick G from Richmond Hill, Ontario, CANADA!!

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2003

Strengths:    Nice look, good strength, takes a pounding, light and versatile

Weaknesses:    Have not found any yet

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike for my girlfriend who has not ridden in a while. This bike was a perfect pick as it is good enough for me to ride, not like my Escape, but close enough. It was simple enough for her but had the capability to take a good hit or two. I was not dissapointed in my pick of a HARO bike.

Favorite Trail:   Oak Ridges Morrain

Purchased At:   Bike store - TRAILS

Similar Products Used:   Haro "Escape" 8.2

Submitted by Alex a Cross Country Rider from CANADA!

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2003

Strengths:    Great Frame and the V-brakes are outstounding compared to a lot of the bikes ive riden, the frame has tabs for installing disk brakes at the front and back which is good in a new bike. shifts gears really smoothly and havnt had any trouble yet. Everything removes easily so easy transportaion

Weaknesses:    heavy tires that are great on the trail but takes a little getting used too on the street. Other then that i might be looking to upgrade on some bigger peddals and better suspension, but for now everything is running perfect!

Bottom Line:
This bike is paying for itself and i cant get off it. I was on many trails all week and the pushed the ran the bike into the ground and it held up. The shifters are killer and is a great overall bike. This bike is great for anyone with a little experiance in biking and ready for a step up in mountain biking, Look for HARO to make some of the best bikes in years to come.

Favorite Trail:   Rocky Mountains

Purchased At:   A bike shop

Similar Products Used:   Kona Scab, Brodie

Bike Setup:   shop

Submitted by Rob a Weekend Warrior from Maple Ridge, BC

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2002

Strengths:    Light, light, light. Good overall bike. Nice ride in the City, but I bought a Norco VPS Drop for DH'ing.

Weaknesses:    Front fork. I replaced the entry level suntour with a Marzocchi EXR Comp.

Bottom Line:
Can't say enough about the value for the buck on this bike. It sells for an entry level price, but doesn't ride like an entry level bike.

Favorite Trail:   The Woodlot

Purchased At:   Maple Ridge Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Haven't owned a bike in 14 years before this one.

Bike Setup:   Stock except pedals, tires and forks

Submitted by Jeff a Racer from NJ

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2002

Strengths:    I beat the snot out of my buke this past weekend. Took it an a very rocky technical ride. It was great! No complaints. I did one race with it and I'm going another at the end of June. If it holds up like it has then you can't beat the price for the quality of this bike. Very light and easy to get around on the trails.

Weaknesses:    I replaced the peddles with Shimono clipless. Cable streched and needed some tweeking but only to be expected with a new bike.

Bottom Line:
I love it! Needed something solid and didn't want to spend a load of cash. It's a great buy.

Purchased At:   Cedar Bike Scranton,Pa

Bike Setup:   of the floor of the shop.

Submitted by bret a Cross Country Rider from long beach, ca

Date Reviewed: May 14, 2002

Strengths:    Great size for me, (15.5), bike is pretty light overall, the Suntour Suspension has worked well so far, we'll see overtime though. I like the angle of the top tube (it doesnt go straight across). The silver and blue paint job looks really sharp too. The v-brakes work well.

Weaknesses:    Like the others have said, the pedals are kinda weak. I also had trouble keep my seat tight, I cranked the clamp almost as tight as i could, as well as some larger friends of mine...and the seat post continued to slip from side to side. I returned to the shop where I bought it, and we put on a different seat clamp, no more slipping! On my ride yesterday, I suddenly found myself stuck in 2nd gear due to the front derailer having problems. My friend said that is not that rare of a problem, due to the stretching of the cable. It was a bit frustrating as I had to "hike-a-bike" up some of the steeper climbs.

Bottom Line:
I am fairly new to mtbiking and was recommended this bike by a couple guys from a couple different bike shops. It is a great bike for me, and I expect it to hold up for at least 2 years. By that time, I most likely will be looking to get a full suspension bike. I have only had it for about 2 weeks, so its hard to really rate this bike....so far so good though. I recommend this bike for someone who is just getting their feet wet with mountain biking, a great bike at a great price!!!

Purchased At:   Jones Bike Shop in Long Beach, CA

Similar Products Used:   I test rode the Giant Rincon, but it only had 7 gears, and wasnt available in the 15.5 inch that I needed.

Bike Setup:   Stock from the shop...

Submitted by Terry a Cross Country Rider from Wernersville, PA USA

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2002

Strengths:    The design and price. Easy to shift. Comfortable seat.

Weaknesses:    Brakes needed adjusted but the dealer did that right on the spot. Need to get used to the seat.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for entry level. Easy to pedal and great design. Even with a child seat on the back, don't even notice the added weight. Good price.

Favorite Trail:   Grin's Mill