Slingshot Mountain MT2 2002 Full Suspension

MSRP : $1965.00

Submitted by Drew Cain a Racer from Park City, Utah USA

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2005

Strengths:    Climbing, Cornering, Downhill... basically everything a cross-country rider can put it through. This frame climbs extremely well, and because of the frame flex, this thing pulls into and shoots out of corners like nothing I've ever ridden. I've owned 3 slingshots over the last 10 years and have loved every day of it. (btw, I've only owned the non-folding versions)

Weaknesses:    I guess for a "full suspension" bike, you could argue that that rear travel is too short. For me however, the amount of travel is just what I need to soften the ride a little and give me more traction, so I wouldn't even call this a weakness. I'd say the Cro-Mo frame is a weakness, but it's less likely to crack than Aluminum and the ride is more supple, so that's not a weakness really either, unless you consider the slight weight difference... of course, you certainly save on weight not having a down tube, so I really can't say this bike has a weakness I can write about here.

Bottom Line:
This bike is the shizzle if you're a strong cross country rider not wanting to sacrifice the weight or peadling consiquences of a standard full suspension rig. I've ridden other full suspension bikes durring my racing years and honestly, for the cross-country rider who likes to go fast and just wants to take the edge off long days of riding, this is the bike for sure. And let me tell you, my slingshot still gets more looks and comments than any of my buddies tricked out full suspension bikes... and that's gotta be worth a little too.

Favorite Trail:   Wasatch Creset

Purchased At:   Personally built (parts etc)