KHS Fetish 2002 Full Suspension

3.83/5 (36 Reviews)
MSRP : $2099.00

Submitted by Charles a Weekend Warrior from Buffalo Wyoming

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Strengths:    Heavy Duty Frame, Takes 3 inch tires in back, and Ive actually got a 4 inch on the front, Nice shock for a big guy, Price is reasonable for a DH bike, the 4 piston brakes are about the best Ive seen for a bicycle. I can control this bike on the steepest and rockyest of trails.

Weaknesses:    Needs new chain guide, stock chain guide is weak, the front sprocket should be chainged out too. Solid axle hubs make the bike a lot stiffer, the quick release hubs that come with it are a bad idea for a DH bike. The way mine is configured it weighs over 50 lbs.

Bottom Line:
I have been riding this bike for over 10 years now, and it has served me very well. I have upgraded many of the components, but after 10 years of service that is to be expected. I still have fun every time I take it out, and with regular waxing the paint still looks great after 10 years, No chips like some of the other users complained about, but I must have 20 coats of wax on it. I ride it on the trails, I ride it on the street, I even ride it in the skate park, and people are always fascinated by this big cool bike.

Favorite Trail:   RattleSnake, Hartmans Rock, Near Gunnison Colorado

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Rock n Roll Sports G

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz

Bike Setup:   4 inch tire front, 3 inch tire rear, 11 sped internal shimano hub replaces rear derailer, azonic love seat (soon to be replaced by a brooklyn bike works saddle.

Submitted by porschejon a Downhiller from l.a. honolulu hawaii

Date Reviewed: June 24, 2010

Strengths:    value

Weaknesses:    rear shock replaced by khs. larger rotors installed. lost stock rear break pressure at kamikaze. had to pump the lever when stopped to get back workin.

Bottom Line:
be sure u have a mechanic to dial in.

takes 30 ft downhill jumps with 3 to 4 seconds of hang x.

Favorite Trail:   snow summit mammoth kamikaze

Purchased At:   hermosa cyclery

Similar Products Used:   95 s works

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by gmoneymarshall a Weekend Warrior from vancouver bc

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2009

Strengths:    the frame is killer on my bike i love it now that i have one i can ride any thing but mine LOVE IT

Weaknesses:    o

Bottom Line:
i am vry hard on this bike and it loves every minute of it .

Favorite Trail:   killer

Purchased At:   pawn shop

Similar Products Used:   nuthan like it love it

Bike Setup:   dnm front hays big pig all he goodys you know !

Submitted by pulidof4i a Downhiller from Los Angeles, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2008

Strengths:    Pretty Strong frame.

Weaknesses:    DNM Fork, rear derail

Bottom Line:
The bike has done me good so far. It's my first downhill and I got it pretty cheap on craigs. I have not taken it on any serious drops higher than 3' but it goes through rock gardens very well. I'm also able to keep up with my friend on his Foes Mono. So for the price.... I'm pretty satisfied. I sure wouldn't pay 2g's for it. 5 to 7 bills is a good deal for this bike. If you find one under a grand take it. Especially if it has good components.

Favorite Trail:   Mt. Wilson

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Similar Products Used:   Kona Stinky, Kona Stab, V10, etc..

Bike Setup:   DNM Fork, Romic rear shock, deore rear derail. truvativ cranks 3.0 gazzalodi front and 2.4 maxxis rear, hayes nine brakes.

Submitted by james a Weekend Warrior from williamstown, mass, USA

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2008

Strengths:    my back brakes lol

Weaknesses:    the linkage system

Bottom Line:
it is okay for dh but horible if it eaven touches cement the back shocl locky up wen it hit cement

Favorite Trail:   dunkin dounuts

Purchased At:   local bike shop (the

Similar Products Used:   wat do you mean..?

Bike Setup:   shifter=deore
pedals=5050
Crank=truvativ husslefet
bashguard=raceface
handle bars=truvativ dh rise bar
brakes=
(front)hayes comp.
(rear)avid juicy 5
tires=
(front)dh 32
(rear)not sure i just got it
forks=jr. T
back shock=romic

Submitted by Marc Duquette a Downhiller from Waltham,MA

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2008

Strengths:    lost of travel in front, monster of a bike, good beginner

Weaknesses:    Rear coil spring from DNM...something happened to it the 2nd day i had it...something came unthreaded..then the pin snapped..kinda heavy...deore derailer..

Bottom Line:
nice beginner bike for price...upgrade rear suspension and derailer and saddle

Favorite Trail:   Vietnam

Purchased At:   Craigslist

Bike Setup:   dnm usd180 front fork, dnm rear...waiting on my fox dhx coil..deore derailer, disc brakes...

Submitted by jose gonzalesinger a Downhiller from portevindickta

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2006

Weaknesses:    every thing, this bike blows, it wobbles like no other, the frame is gonna crack soon i can feel it in my left nut.

Bottom Line:
its a P.O.S.

Bike Setup:   top of the line

Submitted by carlo luis montecillo a Downhiller from burbank cali (from the philippines originally)

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2006

Strengths:    the price,looks,oh and yeah it performs great to..pedals great,linkage feels like there's a lot ,more travel,no brake jack so far..etc etc etc....

Weaknesses:    dnm(did not move) rear shock,but i replaced mine with a mountainspeed,so no worries in that area,the center of gravity on it feels a little high,but hey its less than 400bucks so i can live witht that..

Bottom Line:
im freaking happy with it...so if you see one buy it...

Favorite Trail:   batac ilocos norte

Purchased At:   craigslist

Similar Products Used:   hartail hardtail hardtail hardtail

Bike Setup:   drop off triple,mountainspeed rear shock,dt swiss rims,shimano discs,shimano rear der,bontrager chaingring,campangolo chain (road chain),sun ringle evolution handle bars,salsa shorty stem,maxxis tires..blah blah blah blah

Submitted by Matt a Downhiller from Troy Michigan US

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2005

Strengths:    This bike has an really good strong frame that can support people that are ove 210 easly. Has an very good strong fork that can withstand lots of pressure...The Price is an steal, you can find another bike for that deal.

Weaknesses:    the fork does not have an shield...that can cause lots of problems in the future...and the shifter is ok not bad could be better.

Bottom Line:
people who think that this bike is not good, must dont get the fact that the bike is like $1000.00+, i am trying to say that you get what you pay for.

Favorite Trail:   Stoney Creak

Purchased At:   Local Shop

Similar Products Used:   Kona Stinkey, Intense M3, Ellsworth, specialed demo 9 and the big hit.

Bike Setup:   Stock

Submitted by Nick Faith a Downhiller from Philadelphia

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2005

Strengths:    Strong burly frame (03), great geometry, killer look, awesome price on frame. If you are going to custom build this bike or buy just the frame, make sure you dont get the dnm rear shock(junk). I have the Romic double, one of the best shocks around in my opinion.

Weaknesses:    heavy, but hey, it's not a xc bike! Awesome for flying down the hill or coarse! Paint rubs off rather easily from cable rub, nothing major.

Bottom Line:
I would reccommend this frame to anyone who plans on building it from the ground up with your choice of parts. I have read too many reveiws about the horrible parts that came stock on this bike, If you already have the stock bike and are just reading these reveiws for peace of mind, dont worry, just ride it until the "powertools" components die on you. Some of the earlier models came with the DMN front suspension, not the worst fork but certianly not the best.
This a great frame, strong enough for some 5' drops and some crazy downhillen, I haven't tried any drops over about 8', so far this frame has soaked it all up! I am 180lbs and about 6' tall and the bigger of the two sizes(18")fits me very well(for your reference). The Romic Double is one of the best shocks out there, you are starting to see them on more and more high-end bikes every year. Pair that with a Marzocchi or Manitou double crown and your good to go!

Favorite Trail:   Neshaminy

Purchased At:   Betterbikes(ebay) killer deal!

Similar Products Used:   This is my first TRUE downhill bike! I have flirted with a couple of freeride bikes, this is much funner.

Bike Setup:   03 khs dh50 frame, 04 Marzocchi Junior T, Sun Singletrack rims, rear XT hub, front Marzocchi 20mm thru axle hub, WTB wearwolf 2.5 dh tires, Raceface Evolve DH with 38th ring and Truvativ bashguard, Hayes HFX-9 with 8" rotors, FSA Pig DH Pro headset, Azonic Loveseat, Weyless DFR 2" riser bar with Yeti lock-on grips, Shimano XT 9 speed Shifter(right side only), Shimano XT SGS rear derailleur(new rapid rise)took some time to get use to the reverse shifting but now I wouldn't trade it! Shimano LX cassette(9 speed)no significant performance difference from the xt, maybe a few grams, saved $40. Shimano HG-93(XT)9 speed chain, weyless DFR seatpost(27.2), Raceface DH bottom bracket 68/73mm shell and 118mm spindle length(for your reference)I think that about covers it. There is nothing like building your own bike! And having it work!!!!

Submitted by Nick Faith a Downhiller from Philadelphia

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2005

Strengths:    Strong burly frame, great geometry, killer look, awesome price on frame. If you are going to custom build this bike or buy just the frame, make sure you dont get the dnm rear shock(junk). I have the Romic double, one of the best shocks around in my opinion.

Bottom Line:

Bike Setup:   03 khs dh50 frame, 04 Marzocchi Junior T, Sun Singletrack rims, rear XT hub, front Marzocchi 20mm thru axle hub, WTB wearwolf 2.5 dh tires, Raceface Evolve DH with 38th ring and Truvativ bashguard, Hayes HFX-9 with 8" rotors, FSA Pig DH Pro headset, Azonic Loveseat, Weyless 2" riser bar with Yeti lock-on grips, Shimano XT 9 speed Shifter(right side only), Shimano XT SGS rear derailleur(new rapid rise)took some time to get use to the reverse shifting but now I wouldn't trade it! Shimano LX cassette(9 speed)no significant performance difference from the xt, maybe a few grams, saved $40. Shimano HG-93(XT)9 speed chain, weyless DFR seatpost(27.2), Raceface DH bottom bracket 68/73mm shell and 118mm spindle length(for your reference)I think that about covers it. There is nothing like building your own bike! And having it work!!!!

Submitted by mike a Downhiller from hemet

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2004

Strengths:    extra strong fram veary strong rims and the smothest MRP chain guid with this chain guid you can't eaven fill or hear the rollers on the chain pluse it has a full sprocket guard.

Weaknesses:    could use a littel more shock in the back all mine has is the DNM rear and it does not cycle all that good but it is ok for now I plan to upgrade soon

Bottom Line:
It is a great moderat level extream freeride/Downhill bike. It takes a lot of punishment and has a good fill on the trail; so if you like hardcore downhill you should buy this bike as long as you don't plan to do 15ft drops and stuff like that

Similar Products Used:   San Andrauis mountain cycle

Bike Setup:   sun double wide rims on kujo 2.65 tiers, Marzochi Junior T forks, Avid disk brakes, XT componets, and MRP Chain guide

Submitted by Kyle Foster a Downhiller from Boulder City

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2004

Strengths:    The hayes brakes are working awesome (even if the body components are plastic) and the front froks are very adjustable.

Weaknesses:    These forks are inverted and they have no guards.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line is that this bike has a very strong frame and a good linkage design. It is perfect for me to pound down down hills run after run every weekend. I cracked my Foes weasel frame. Not to say it was a bad bike I just ride hard. I live at bootleg.

Favorite Trail:   Ginger

Purchased At:   Boulder City Outfiters

Similar Products Used:   The Foes Weasel

Bike Setup:   Downhill..........

Submitted by Indian chopper boy a Weekend Warrior from Nashville, TN, USA

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2003

Strengths:    Great Value, pretty much ready to ride out of the box. The components are fair, and will last for a while if taken care of.

Weaknesses:    The damn Seat! The first thing I did was replace it with a Love Seat.

Bottom Line:
For an old, (FAT), BMX guy, this is the perfect bike to start having fun on the trails again. After Romic re-valved and added an 850 spring to the shock, this thing was ready to rip. The DNM fork is great, however I will be having that re-valved, too. The greatest testimony to this bike is that I am 6'6", 320lbs (hey, I haven't ridden in a while!), and there is minimal flex anywhere. I did a few little jumps on the first ride, and the bike performed awsome. If you buy one, just totally go over it before you ride. Tighten every bolt, adjust everything, and make sure your suspension is set up properly. Kudos to KHS and Romic for making a bike that holds up my old, fat ass.

Favorite Trail:   So far, Hamilton Creek

Purchased At:   Addrenaline Bikes, CALI.

Similar Products Used:   Kos Kruiser, SE OM Flyer, Redline PL24, Cannondale V700.

Bike Setup:   Pretty much stock. I lucked out and recieved mine with a Romic TT on the back.

Submitted by Mark a Weekend Warrior from Bangor

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2003

Strengths:    price ...the bike....

Weaknesses:    ummm cheap drivedrain...

Bottom Line:
I'am really happy with this ride it feels indestructable. It's heavy but yeah it's a DH bike you already know this. It totaly stable be it riding skinnies, taking jumps/drops.
It pedals supringly well as long as you remain seated. It has a lock out which is great for going up. No complaints here I love the frame and if need be I'am comfortable dumping more money it for upgrades down the road.

Favorite Trail:   kind you can bomb down

Purchased At:   pricepoint