K2 Razorback 3.0 2002 Full Suspension

Submitted by Dieter a Racer from Austria

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2003

Strengths:    It's shiny, beautiful paint job(matches knicks and jersey).
Excellent suspension action, smooth, stiff, hard!
PHAT and SIK!

Weaknesses:    Absolutely nothing!

Bottom Line:
Yesterday I bought this bike for the bargain price of $1099 mail order from Supergo, almost a third off!! It'll be delivered some time next week, I can't wait.
Then, last night I had a dream.......................

I was riding the sweetest singletrack ever, wedged between my thighs was the smoothest, stiffest, best riding suspension bike ever..... that's right, a K2 Razorback. This is the greatest mountain bike that has ever graced the trails of God's earth. Everything on it works in perfect harmony, the forks and rear shock soak up the bumps as if they'd been flattened by an almighty steamroller, the shifters and derailleurs operate in perfect unison; you think about changing, it's already done! The saddle is like an extension of your butt; it all just belongs.
I would say to anyone who considers buying this dream bike, don't wait, buy it now, buy 2. Your mate will want one as well and you don't wanna share this beauty!
I wish I could give this bike 6 flamin' chilli's!

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   Huffy "Dominator"

Bike Setup:   As specced.

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Richardson

Date Reviewed: August 24, 2002

Strengths:    New frame reinforcements are just what this already awesome bike needed.

Bottom Line:
This is my dream bike. I had the old style frame that came on the 99 and 00 models and broke it 3 times. (I weigh 200+). It killed me because I loved the way the Paul Turner designed (frame licensed from the Turner Stinger) geometry rode, but I was always having to get a broken frame fixed. K2 warrantied it every time with no questions asked, but they finally got it right with this new reinforced frame! The geometry feels the same as the older models; climbs like a goat and slices and dices the single track, but this one takes all the abuse that I dish out and comes back for more on the rough stuff! I love the thicker seatpost - no more creaks, and I love the reinforcements just where they were needed. Go get one of these bad boys. You won't regret it!

Similar Products Used:   '99 Razorback, Cannondale Raven

Bike Setup:   all XT, Sun 0 degree lite rims, Titec post and stem, Easton risers, Panaracer Fire XCs

Submitted by Dave Benhammou a Downhiller from colorado springs, co

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2002

Strengths:    There are so many! well, i got this bike on sale for nearly half off, so it was an amazingly good deal for the componantry!! Nolene shocks are the best i have yet tried, its nice cause it has a lot of settings, front and back... the lock-out for the rear shock is a lifesaver!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE MY BIKE!!! it handles great and it weighs sooo little!!
its a great bike.

Weaknesses:    well, my bike had a few flaws, but thats just mine. i mean, the day after i got it, the derailer broke but that was the stores fault. and a few weaks after that, my chain broke, but thats cause i was being a dumbass and pushing it too hard. so, dont take what i just said into any deaper thought, unless you run ito a like wise situation. the only real weakness i could find was that LX-Deore derailer isnt as good as XTR, but that is hardly anything:)

Bottom Line:
I LOVE THIS BIKE A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN I LOVE MY GIRLFRIEND!!!!!;) seriously, this was an amazing deal for me, but seriously, i would have bought it even if there wasnt a sale:) for seriously, this is an amazing bike for anyone who wants to have fun on a bike.

Favorite Trail:   columbine