Haro Werks XLS 3.0 2002 Full Suspension

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by fer_guzman a Cross Country Rider from houston

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2009

Strengths:    COMPONENTS
Weight
Weight

Weaknesses:    FORK started leaking air from postive to negative chamber after 2years, sent that to manufacterer and got a rebuilt for 60 bucks for the shipping.
spokes tend to break on the bent, but... wheels are really light. It might be bad truing.

Bottom Line:
I have this bike for over 4 years, it took me a couple of falls to get used to the geometry and light front end. Now I love the lightness of the front end, it is so easy to pull it up and side for short tricky turns.
The faster and more agresive I use the bike the more I love it. Yes... its a 2002 we are on 2009 and I still love the bike! I see other new bikes out there... and yes they look flashy but... do they have the componets? are they as light as mine? mmm only those with insane tag prices

Favorite Trail:   Houston Memorial Park

Purchased At:   in 2004 EBAY LBS in

Similar Products Used:   Never used another full suspension. Only hard tails.

Bike Setup:   ORIGINAL except for tires that I hated they were fast but had no traction! (go figure)

Submitted by Bob Hollister, CA from bobdxcrcr@hotmail.com

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2003

Strengths:    This is a follow up review. The bike is fine, now. However...............

Weaknesses:    I actually had no problems with the bike itself, until the LBS hacked it. Some people should not be allowed to own tools. That's probably all I should say since the customer service rep at Haro threatened me with legal action if I wrote a review honestly expressing my opinions of the entire experience.

Bottom Line:
Should have went with the Santa Cruz.

Bike Setup:   Same as before.

Submitted by Bob a Racer from Hollister, CA

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2002

Strengths:    Good parts selection for the money. Suspension works while braking unlike the S.C. Superlight. No bob on the climbs or when sprinting out of the saddle.

Weaknesses:    The seat is wide and has a suede cover that makes it hard to slide off the back. The handlebar is not the greatest thing in the world either. Head badge came off in my truck on the way home from picking the bike up, no problem with that though 'cause it's kinda cheesy.

Bottom Line:
For not a lot of money I have a great trail bike, the 100mm fork let's it track at speed like it's on rails, and I have no trouble in slow sections either. I'm running the suspension soft and have no problems. If the frame were going to crack, it would have by now. One thing, I don't know how Haro figures the sizes, but a Medium (17.5") is bigger than a large Santa Cruz Superlight (19").

Similar Products Used:   Santa Cruz Superlight, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR

Bike Setup:   Stock with a Flite saddle and Easton post, Answer Pro Taper bar, and I put the SID SL on my race bike and bought a 100mm Duke SL on close out. Conti Vertical Pro tires.

Submitted by phil a Cross Country Rider from ct

Date Reviewed: August 3, 2002

Strengths:    lite , long top tube , nice rims ,love the sid sl fork
good part spec
stif rear

Weaknesses:    broke rear swingarm pivot
chain broke after 25 min
handlebars
tires

Bottom Line:
this is a fun bike i like it alot.
my broken frame was replaced, but i was told that i had to set my rear shock at my body weight or no more replacements.this does not let the rearend move more than 1".(more like softtail than full sus) when i had it set soft for 3" travel it was great, never botom out but was told that it doesnt ramp up quick enough,causing the break.

Favorite Trail:   still looking for favorite

Price Paid:    $1900.00