K2 Bike Biker 2002 BMX

Submitted by Todd a Weekend Warrior from Portland, OR, USA

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2002

Strengths:    this bike is light. It weighed in at 29.55lbs on lbs scale. Thats ridiculously light for a bike with high flange, 48 spoke solid 14mm axles. It has only rear brake, which stops very well thanks to direct cable routing, you can do a double barspin and the brakes won't lock. Mine is actually 21" TT, and it feels great. cool looking clear coat.

Weaknesses:    cranks are really ugly, so is the stem. the dropuots are cut in such a way that makes running chain tensioners very difficult. Made in china, it's no biggy, but I hate companies that are all about the money, not the riders.

Bottom Line:
I thought a 21" TT would be way too large, since the DMC I have now is 19.75", but I tried a 20.5" and it felt much worse than the 21", so I got the Biker.

Favorite Trail:   Aaron's trails

Purchased At:   Lakeside Bikes

Similar Products Used:   K2 DMC Pro, 2000, DMC PRO 2002, Specialized Vegas TJ, Fit Complete.

Bike Setup:   Stock, I just got this bike, so I haven't had a chance to break it yet, but I'll update when the parts start to fly apart, as they did with my DMC.