SockGuy socks Socks

4.58/5 (24 Reviews)

Double Knit Mesh socks are made with moisture wicking micro denier acrylic, nylon, and spandex for exceptional comfort and strength. * Easy-fit cuff * Stretch-to-fit sizing system * 75% moisture wicking micro denier acrylic, 15% nylon, 10% spandex

Submitted by Tyrel a Weekend Warrior from Coeur d alene, Idaho

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2007

Strengths:    Last a long time, dont stretch over time, Cool designs, keep your feet dry and comfortable in all conditions!

Weaknesses:    Need even more designs!

Bottom Line:
BUY THESE SOCKS, you will not regret your purchase!

Favorite Trail:   URBAN!

Purchased At:   VERTICLE EARTH

Similar Products Used:   NONE COMPARE!

Bike Setup:   Black Market Riot frame "Raw", Red Profile SE cranks, Profile Titanium spindal, Red Dangerboy pedale, Odyssey MDS 25t sprocket, KHE halflink chain, FSA Impact sealed Headset, Thomson X4 50mm stem, Ea70 high rise bars, Bmx Odi grips, Red lock ons, Dangerboy Skull caps, Juicy 7's with Red Dangerboy Shorty levers, Hope head doctor, Rock shox PIKE team, Profile Red seat collar, Thomson Post, Odyssey SR saddle, KHE Geisha Freecoaster hub 11t, Atomlab trailpimp 36h rims, Red Atomlab Torx nipples, Black DT swiss spokes, Atomlab Aircorp 20mm front hub, Maxxis Larson tt 2.35 tires, red shrader valve covers! SICK BIKE!

Submitted by Mark a Downhiller from England

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2007

Strengths:    Comfy as, cool designs

Weaknesses:    Expensive, not especially warm, but that's what the wool ones are for

Bottom Line:
Although expensive, it's worth getting a pair or two. They really are that comfy. For a pound extra i may try a wool pair cos my tootsies do get cold

Purchased At:   chain reaction cycles

Similar Products Used:   loads of socks, decathlon riding specific ones

Bike Setup:   patriot 66, domains etc. doesn't really apply to socks

Submitted by John a Cross Country Rider from Tahoe

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2007

Strengths:    Best socks I've ever worn! Very comfortable, my feet stay cool and dry. Cool designs. Best customer service ever!

Weaknesses:    none i can see

Bottom Line:
I have owned Sock Guys for at least 8 years. I've tried the other brands and none come close in comfort and preformance. The best cycling and running socks ever, road or mtb. Truly excellent customer service, and the custom socks rule! If you are involved in an event or your job get some custom socks made!. Try em, you will love em! I have never given any other product a top rating :)

Favorite Trail:   The A tree

Purchased At:   everywhere

Similar Products Used:   All other major brands

Bike Setup:   custom Seven Ti

Submitted by Meril from Denver CO

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2007

Strengths:    In fairness, I must report that I complained to SockGuy Michael Foley himself via the company website. He really cares about customer satisfaction, communicated with me several times and provided several socks that he hoped we would like better. In fact, most of them are far more comfortable than the ones I returned to him, and you can't beat that kind of customer service!

Bottom Line:
Pretty amazing customer service --a real satisfaction guarantee.

Submitted by Luis a Racer from Vista

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2007

Bottom Line:
this sock rock

Purchased At:   sockguy

Submitted by Meril a Weekend Warrior from Colorado

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2007

Strengths:    Stunning patterns, colors and graphics.

Weaknesses:    These are the least comfortable socks my spouse and I have ever worn. They are knobby and bumpy inside, with extremely uncomfortable toe seams. If one needs to walk at all in them, plan on wearing them inside out* or suffer a rub or blister. *Unfortunately, if worn inside out, the cute designs don't show --then the sock has absolutely no reason for existence.

Bottom Line:
I won't spend another nickel on Sock Guy socks.

Purchased At:   gift,Texas Hell Week,Bike COLO

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, DeFeet, Lin, Cannondale

Bike Setup:   We have a couple of bike Fridays, a Colnago, a Serotta, two Specialized etc.(most are road bikes).

Submitted by Gaz Edmunds a Cross Country Rider from Washington, DC

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2006

Strengths:    They are bastions of comfy socky goodness.

Weaknesses:    I, like Adelaide, do not believe in Sockguy weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
Even when I'm not riding, I pretty much wear my Sock Guys all the time. I have about 20 pairs of them, bought from various stores, given to me as gifts, schwag tables, trail advocacy kickbacks... you name it. Unlike the occasional pairs of Lins (that make my feet itchy) and Defeets (that make my feet all sweaty) these are indeed little gems. I have never paid the MSRP of $12.95 for them, and if I did I would be unhappy. But they are available cheaply from many fine online velocopede merchants. Someday I will make my own custom ones. Hooray for Sockguy!

Favorite Trail:   Anywhere dry and away from rocks!

Purchased At:   various places...

Similar Products Used:   Lin. BLECH.
Defeet. BLECH.
Pearl Izumi... ehh, not so bad.

Submitted by Adelaide from Greensboro, NC, USA

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2005

Strengths:    Sockguy socks are an absolute treasure.They are like your friends.I love Sockguy socks. They have made my life exceptionally wonderful. And they are pretty. Sockguy socks will make you a very happy person. They always put a grin on my face.

Weaknesses:    I do not believe in Sockguy weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
Sockguy socks are your friends so be nice to them. Treat them with love and respect, because they're good friends. And don't take them for granted, they are nice socks. But most of all never utter a word against your precious sockguys.So remember Sockguy socks are your buddies, not your arch foes. And I would recommend it all with feet, because they are very lovely socks.

Submitted by Matt a Racer from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2004

Strengths:    These socks Rock! They fit well, they've lasted me forever and there are some great styles. I've been riding for years and have a ton of socks, but the ones I reach for first are my SockGuy ones. Whether I am on or off the bike these socks are great.

Weaknesses:    None that I can see

Bottom Line:
The bottom line . . . if you want a great pair of socks these are the ones to buy!

Similar Products Used:   Defeet, Pearl Izumi and Linn

Bike Setup:   Haro hardtail with full XT and a nice Rock Shox

Submitted by john marks a Weekend Warrior from birmingham

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2004

Strengths:    Awesome socks.

Weaknesses:    None at all

Bottom Line:
My dealer had been raving about these socks for a couple of months so I decided to try em out. I'm well impressed too, I had no idea socks could make such a difference to riding comfort. They wick sweat away and I never get that damp feel I get from Defeet. I've since bought about about 8 pairs and will never ride with anything else

Favorite Trail:   glentress

Purchased At:   UK LBS

Similar Products Used:   Defeet, Pearl

Bike Setup:   Cove Hummer with USE Sub fork and full Race Face finishing kit

Submitted by Matt a Cross Country Rider from Berkeley, CA

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2004

Strengths:    comfortable, breathe well

Weaknesses:    big hole in one toe

Bottom Line:
I don't know how I did it, but I already got a big hole in the toe of one of the socks. Maybe these socks were never intended to be walked in? Even if that's the case, I use my DeFeet socks the same way and haven't had a problem.

I'll stick to DeFeet.

Purchased At:   cambriabike.com

Similar Products Used:   DeFeet

Submitted by Mark Fitzgerald a Racer from San Diego, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2004

Strengths:    Easier to buy, there are only 2 sizes. Those 2 sizes fit much better than other's 4 sizes because of the nature of the material (75% acrylic in place of 50% for others). This material makes it feel like your feet are being massaged when you put them on.
Plus the designs on the socks are by far the coolest I've ever seen.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
These socks are the best! The Sockguys are super easy to work with, the socks are comfortable and durable, and you won't find designs like theirs anywhere else. I don't wear anything else anymore.

Purchased At:   various shops in So Cal

Similar Products Used:   DeFeet, Smartwool, Lin,

Bike Setup:   Giant XTC w/ XTR and Judy XC

Submitted by Terry from Morrisville, NC

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2002

Strengths:    Although I don't ride as much as I would like, I still find the sockguy socks comfortable. I wear them everyday, and find that my feet are less fatigued than normal. I stumbled upon the socks when a friend showed me a pair of the daytona socks she had. The novelty of their designs and the comfort allow me to give a little personal expression in my otherwise dull corporate world. I won't go so far as to say sockguys are for everyone, but certainly anyone with feet!

Weaknesses:    I have to wait for them to come in the mail. (I don't have the time to go shopping for them)

Bottom Line:
fantastic value and great feeling

Purchased At:   sockguy.com

Similar Products Used:   walmart bargain bin

Submitted by Trapas Pratt a Weekend Warrior from Raleigh

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2002

Strengths:    I love my sock guy socks. They are very comfortable. I love the fact that they are thin so it lets your feet breathe a little better. The best part about sock guy socks is that they form to your feet and always stay up, which is a major problem I have with other socks. I also love the really neat styles of socks they have.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness I beleive they have is white socks seem to get dirty really fast and it is hard to get them looking clean again.

Bottom Line:
These socks are great, I recommend them to everyone.

Purchased At:   Sockguy.com

Submitted by Kim a Weekend Warrior from Rome, Italy

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2002

Strengths:    I got my first SockGuys as a gift, and have been adding to my collection ever since. As an American living abroad, I can vouch for the international appeal of SockGuys' cool styles--my friends here love them! Looking for a quality sock? These socks are so comfortable and hold their shape so well, even my grandmother raves about them!

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any . . .

Bottom Line:
Don't believe me? Get a pair, you'll convert, too!

SockGuy socks discount

SockGuy socks discount code SG3000 for 33% off,now through 8-4-13. Sockguy.comRead More »

Source for NOS Salsa Rasta socks?

Looking for some of these, can't find them anywhere [ATTACH=CONFIG]817648[/ATTACH] Any tips?Read More »

Lets talk about socks

Socks that are both wicking, light weight, cool, and water bomb proof (if you have to hike a bike through a river).. do they make such a monster?Read More »

Biking socks

I typically wear thick no see ems cotton socks with my regular running shoes. I just got a new pair of mtb shoes. I need to get some thinner socks but all I've seen are the over the ankles styles. I hate anything like that so I'm looking for thinner no see-ems that I can ride in. But I haven't fou ... Read More »

primal socks 3 for $10 plus $4 for shipping.

Use code sck3 at checkout. [url=http://www.primalwear.com/c-111-socks.aspx]Primal Wear - Socks[/url] For me Fedex ground was $4.00 for 6 pairs of socks, not sure if that is fixed, or if it depends on where you live.Read More »