SmartWool RBX Ultra Lite Socks

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior from Lakewood, Ca

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2007

Strengths:    Looks way cool, way smooth and soft, nice.

Weaknesses:    Don't forget to turn inside out when washing and drying, as per SmartWool instructions

Bottom Line:
These socks are the best. So very comfortable. It's a little bit funny how these socks can make bad shoes feel good enough to ride in for miles and hours. I've used other socks and by far SmartWool has been the best. Well worth the extra dollars.
Something amazing about wool, this fabric is just wonderful and SmartWool has a way of doing this just so fabulously. These socks feel so nice, tremendous product. I'm happy

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   SockGuy

Bike Setup:   Why?

Submitted by JTinVA from Arlington, VA

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2004

Strengths:    Comfortable
Keeps your feet warm
Looks really cool

Bottom Line:
I picked these up for winter riding as I normally wear either Shimano sandals (they are so ridiculously comfortable) or go sockless when I ride. I figured I'd pick up a pair of wool socks to keep my feet warm when I wore regular bike shoes. Well, let me tell you, I haven't even used my regular shoes yet. I'm still using my sandals and these socks and my feet do not get cold at all (we've had some sub-30 degree days with a nice little wind going). I won't mind putting them away come Spring but, until then, I'm hooked. These socks are incredible!

Purchased At:   Performance

Submitted by Carolyn a Weekend Warrior from Irving, TX

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2002

Strengths:    Strong STRONG material, quality stuff. No cheapo construction with these socks. Sturdy and you can feel the difference. Very very comfortable, too. So cushiony when I ride, I love it!

Bottom Line:
These socks are THE socks to wear. I was advised to buy these socks b/c they are so comfortable and you don't get blisters from your shoes b/c of these socks. If you wear the cheapo thin socks then you should prepare yourself for some blisters. These socks are awesome because you don't get all hot and sweaty. Somehow these socks are amazingly comfortable to wear in the 100 degree TX heat. My feet don't feel hot at all!!! Get these socks. Doesn't matter if they are a little more pricey than the cheapo socks you may be used to buying. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Favorite Trail:   Northshore Trail in Grapevine