NLZ Enterprises Cycling Socks

4.9/5 (10 Reviews)

• Simply the most comfortable and durable ultra wicking socks ever made.
  • Made of CoolMax, Nylon and Spandex.
  • Many designs to choose from
  • CUSTOM designs available on demand.
  • Better quality at half the market price.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Shark

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2012

Strengths:    Comfy, breath very well, amusing graphics

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
    I stumbled across these from an add on this site, decided to try them out. Was happy with initial few pairs. Every now & again NLZ will sent out e-mails with some smokin deals, so now I have a drawer full. I wear them all the time, not just biking, because they breath so well & I usually have sweaty feet which is annoying with other socks that don't breath well.

They do have basic socks with no graphics as well if you're into that sort of thing.

Submitted by Varaxis a Weekend Warrior from New York, USA

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2010

Strengths:    Long lasting, comfortable

Weaknesses:    Gaudy graphics, doesn't live up to the hype of being

Bottom Line:
    More comfy and lasted longer than my super thin Pearl Izumi socks. Lasted much longer than my crappy Fox socks. Haven't blown my Smartwool socks yet, but these are far cheaper. Price seems to be spot on for how long they last. I toss socks once my big toe blows a hole or two in the toe (two if I'm cheap and just wear it on the other foot).

If they offered more cuts and a plain all black or white one, I'd buy another batch for using when not cycling. Otherwise, I'm going to be waiting for Smartwool to come on sale.

Similar Products Used:   Smartwool PhD, Pearl Izumi Attack, Fox Race Socks

Bike Setup:   Ti 29er Hardtail

Submitted by futska a Weekend Warrior from Palm Bay, FL

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2010

Strengths:    Good graphics

Weaknesses:    Made in China

Bottom Line:
    I could not find online details on where these socks are manufactured. Once they arrived I saw they are made in China. The sizing seems inconsistent. I ordered two pairs the same size, but the socks in each pair were different sizes. I'd rather buy the equivalent US made products from Save Our Souls, De Feet, or Sock Guy.

Similar Products Used:   Sock Guy, Save Our Souls, De Feet

Submitted by Ron a Cross Country Rider from NY

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2007

Strengths:    Durable, absorbent, cool, good looking, inexpensive.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
    Coolmax is the best MTB sock material & NLZ has the best price & selection. I ordered a couple pairs at $5.95 each with free shipping. Then they gave me an offer to buy 4 more pairs for $20 & free shipping. I found a couple buddies to split the cost & now we have all the socks we need for a while. I had one pair drenched in rotten swamp muck, but the stain & smell washed right out. I wore these in a spinning class this winter & they breathed so well I could use them for 2 or 3 sessions without washing.

Similar Products Used:   Puma

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse Warrior hard-tail

Submitted by Donald Steerman from Lamar, CO USA

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2006

Strengths:    As advertised. Form fitting socks. They do not bunch and seem to keep my feet dry. They seem to be suitable for most athletic endurance sports, running, cycling, etc.

Weaknesses:    None yet.

Bottom Line:
    At $5.95 these socks seem to be quite a bit less expensive then other socks like them. I only have used them for the last few days, but am very impressed so far. They seem fairly durable but only time and miles will tell. Shipping was super fast. I received them less then four days after my order.

Purchased At:   NLZ Enterprises

Similar Products Used:   This is my first pair of specialized socks. They seem to be far superior then using all purpose cotton athletic socks. I ordered them because of blistering. Since I bought them I haven't had a blister.

Submitted by Ron a Weekend Warrior from Upstate, NY

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2006

Strengths:    Wicking Coolmax fabric, secure stretch fit, lots of designs to choose from, doesn't bunch up. Took my first ride in them today & they fit & feel great. The weather is cool now, but I can tell they breathe well.

Bottom Line:
    Initial price was $5.95 with free shipping on the website, but then there was a follow-up offer for buy 5 & get 1 free (also with free shipping). So the final price was less than $5 each on the second batch of 6, including shipping. They are definitely less than half the price of their competitors. They also claim to be better quality. Well, I can tell you these are pretty good quality, but I can't compare the competitors because I'll never pay $10 or more for socks.

Purchased At:   www.nlzwear.com

Similar Products Used:   Sport & ski socks

Bike Setup:   Iron Horse Warrior Team SE hardtail.

Submitted by Vince from Huntington Beach

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2006

Strengths:    Fit, look, and durability

Bottom Line:
    Socks work great and have killer graphics. I use them for MTB's, running, road bikes, adn even tri's. I am on the lower end of the size scale and the socks still fit my foot well.

Favorite Trail:   still looking

Purchased At:   Path

Similar Products Used:   Nike, Performance.

Bike Setup:   SC Nomad and Transition DB

Submitted by TommyG a Weekend Warrior from RSM, CA

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2006

Strengths:    Excellant quality and comfort.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
    Like all of you I have purchased several pairs of much more expensive, usually brand name, sport socks and typically they have been disappointed in terms of the wear. I used to think maybe I'm just hard on socks... until I bought a few pairs from NLZ. These socks are very comfortable and so far the wear has been superior. No holes, no loose elastic, no seperation of the material, no strange bunching up in the wash. Overall a very high quality sock at an excellant price.

Purchased At:   NLZ website

Similar Products Used:   All the typical brands one would find in their LBS.

Bike Setup:   Off-the-shelf '05 Ironhorse 7point7.

Submitted by Danno from Socal

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2006

Strengths:    Comfy and they don't seem to lose their elasticity like most cycling socks that I've owned.

Bottom Line:
    Great socks, and a great price. You can't go wrong picking up a few pairs of these.

Purchased At:   www.nlzwear.com

Similar Products Used:   Most brands of cycling and sports socks.

Bike Setup:   5 Spot XC, 6 Pack AM, IH SGS DH - I like variety.

Submitted by Craig a Weekend Warrior from Orange, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2006

Strengths:    These socks rock. Super comfortable, they keep my feet dry, super durable, and you can't beat the price at $6 a pair.

Bottom Line:
    These are the best mtb socks I've ever used! I'm going to order a few more pairs.

Favorite Trail:   Splitrock