Home | Reviews | Socks | Acorn

Acorn fleet socks Socks

acorn fleet socks

Submitted by Tom a Cross Country Rider from SapporoJapan

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2001

Strengths:    Really warm, soft, and windproof. They go higher up than cycling socks , which is good. I also use them for of course road rides and x-c skiing, and commuting , basically all my cold weather needs. As for mtbing in the snow of winter as warm as they are they can't compensate for those drafty shoes, but then you can just use a neoprene booty to help out. They breathe pretty good too.

Weaknesses:    I guess the price, but these socks are so good I forgot what I paid for them and I'm getting my milage out of them. If you buy something good it's worth it, and if you get something that sucks you never forget your loss.

Bottom Line:
These are your cool-cold weather friends, the felt crushes down in your socks ok, but my shoes aren't wicked tight to begin with. I recommended a pair to my buddy , he digs em too. THese socks far surpass any other socks for the task.

Purchased At:   Campmor

Similar Products Used:   Ski socks wrapped in bread bags( crumbs can be used as survival rations)

Bike Setup:   Whatever

Submitted by rick chittick a Racer from littleton, co

Date Reviewed: September 25, 1999

Strengths:
warmth of the finest kind. keep your feet really toasty right down to about 28 degrees.

Weaknesses:
fleece is bulky. you really have to cram your feet into your shoes if you don't have a dedicated winter pair. and of course, price.

Bottom Line:
i've had these socks keep my feet warm through the most brutal of conditions, such as summitting flagpole knob in virginia on super bowl sunday with 8 inches of snow all around. they're the best winter cycling sock i've found, and they're not even marketed to cyclist, rather, hikers, an arena in which these socks, quite frankly, suck.

the lynn trail, harrisonburg, va

2 Years