Home | Reviews | Shorts | Zoic

Zoic Vim Short Shorts

4.71/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by Jess a Weekend Warrior from Maryland

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2003

Strengths:    Durable, cool. Pads in all the right spots

Weaknesses:    fit.

Bottom Line:
Being 6'4", I feel that these shorts are so damn short, they barely clear the third leg. Not to mention the plumbers crack tan I get when I pull them down. They're great if your shorter, but I'm going with a pair of Corerat's long battle shorts. I'm going to use the liner out of my Vims becuase it is really comfy. Four flame'n chillis, since it's not zoics fault i'm a gorrilla.

Favorite Trail:   The old rag

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Tighty whities.

Bike Setup:   Hommade. cheap AL frame with avid discs, z.3 bomber, alot of lx,xt,xtr. Rhino lites (awesome!)

Submitted by JT from Arlington, VA

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2003

Strengths:    Great fit; comfortable; mesh liner / chamois combo

Weaknesses:    Liner chaffes a little ... sometimes.

Bottom Line:
I love these. For $20 I thought I'd give them a try ... I've since ordered two more pair. I was a little hesitant to go commando with the mesh but have had no problems with it (other than really minor chaffing that goes away).

I love these shorts ... especially for the price!

Purchased At:   Price Point

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale shorts.

Submitted by Robert a Cross Country Rider from Hollywood, FL

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2003

Strengths:    Casual Baggy Look, comfortable, good pockets, durable

Weaknesses:    Can't find them anymore!

Bottom Line:
I have these shorts in every color offered. I love them. However after over a 1 1/2 years of abuse my black pair has finally ripped! And now I cannot find anyone that has them available in my size.

Favorite Trail:   Markham

Purchased At:   On-line

Similar Products Used:   You name it

Bike Setup:   Sugar + with Disc brakes

Submitted by Rob F.68 a Weekend Warrior from O Fallon Mo.

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2003

Strengths:    You don,t look like a freak in them.They're very tough and durable and having pockets is nice.I feel normal stopping by quick trip after a ride for gas or a 6 pack.they don't cost a 100 bucks.They ventilate well.

Weaknesses:    NONE.

Bottom Line:
I just saw these shorts on price points website for 24.98-they cannot be beat for this price.I look and feel great in them and they are the perfect length-not gangsta baggy just the length of normal shorts. They are made out of a very tough material that would definitely survive a crash that would send a lycra wearer going home naked.I,m just not into that roadie/racer look of lycra and these shorts fit the bill perfectly. I like the price since i'm not made of money and can't spend a 100 bucks on shorts.

Favorite Trail:   Castlewood State park

Purchased At:   price point

Similar Products Used:   I tried lycra a long time ago and felt like an idiot. I also have a pair of performance cargo shorts, but they're a little baggy

Bike Setup:   2003 Access hardtail set up for cross country riding,Manitou six,thudbuster suspension post,Avid discs and mostly lx components

Submitted by Carlos a Cross Country Rider from Ecuador

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2002

Strengths:    Ballistic strong stitches, loose baggy fit, cool, very comfortable, looks great.

Weaknesses:    Thin suede chamois.

Bottom Line:
You can't go wrong with this shorts. Excellent price, comfortable, and good quality. The inner mesh liner is cool but the chamois is too thin although good quality suede. The pockets are cleverly designed, no velcro, zippers, etc. but haven't experience spills even on rough rides. I'd wear this short for any epic ride.
5 flamin frijoles!!!

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Fox, Oakley.

Bike Setup:   Race ready Schwinn Homegrown.

Submitted by dinohuntr a Weekend Warrior from Utah

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2002

Strengths:    Looks. Comfort. Durability. I keep my car keys and hex keys in my pockets. They've never bounced out.

Weaknesses:    The lining inside the shorts is starting to rip, but hey, I'm pleased they've lasted over two years! One pair of my shorts faded pretty bad. The other pair kept it's color well. I have no idea why that happened, but not a big deal.

Bottom Line:
Very good shorts. When these finally quit (maybe after this year) I'm going to call Performance and order some more. The price is fantastic! I can't remember what I paid, but it was only like $35 or $40. I like these shorts better than lycra, and they're more comfortable than my more expensive REI shorts.

Five flaming lycra shorts!

Favorite Trail:   Porcupine Rim

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   REI shorts. Lycra shorts of varying brands.

Bike Setup:   2002 FSR Rockhopper. Several upgrades.

Submitted by ilakano a Cross Country Rider from walnut creek,ca

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2002

Strengths:    Fit, durability

Weaknesses:    pockets, could be bigger and flapped.

Bottom Line:
Great pair of shorts at a good cost. Very durable, many falls etc and no holes yet. Comfortable.

Purchased At:   Performance