Home | Reviews | Shorts | Zoic

Zoic Muir Cycle Shorts Shorts

The removable liner makes this one versatile short. 10 inseam, inner leg gusset, 2 waist hand pockets, 2 side cargo pockets. Elasticized waistband and belted front for a fully adjustable fit. Greatest ASSit bike pad with completely removable liner

Submitted by VpointVick a Weekend Warrior from CLT

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2006

Strengths:    CYA

Weaknesses:    Useless elastic in waistband, saggy crotch.

Bottom Line:
These are good shorts, but by no means are they great.
The waistband belt appears to be nylon webbing with a QD buckle, but for some reason they put a section of elastic in in the back. No matter how much you snugged the buckle, it always felt like they were falling off.
I pulled the belt out and replaced it with a piece of nylon webbing, and while it is much better, they're still cut too low in the back and I feel like everbody behind me is getting a view of my ass crack (fortunately I am slow enough that there aren't too many people in that position. :) )
Several of the velcro tabs for the pockets have come un stitched, and the rest of the velcro has become clogged with lint despite my best attempts to keep them closed during laundering. The fabric seems very susceptable to pilling and runs, and these shorts really show their age. That said, they are still in one piece, and are still very servicable despite having been worn during several bad crashes.
The pad is OK, but my #1 pick for shorts are my Race Face baggies over My PI Attacks. I never realized how often the crotch of the Muir shorts hung up on the nose of my saddle until I started wearing the Race Faces, it was a night and day difference.

Favorite Trail:   Laurel Mountain

Purchased At:   Pricepoint

Similar Products Used:   Race Face, other Zoic

Bike Setup:   Intense 5.5, X.0, King, Mavic, Maxxis

Submitted by Suzie Carboni a Racer from Whistler

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2006

Strengths:    Quality as good as Cannondale, really comfortable & cool to wear, removeable liner, best pad ever, look really cool & tough as hell, Unisex.

Weaknesses:    None - Except my bf kept borrowing them

Bottom Line:
I bought these shorts on impulse on vacation, mainly since they looked so cool! My previous faves were Roach or Dales ( troys too heavy, must be the logos) but the Zoics Rock, liner is far more comfortable and I use them all the time without liner even when not cycling at the beach or at home. Plus they last for ever ( all last season, I mean a lot) and showing no signs of wear at all, er also the though Zoic sell them as girls they do fit boys and look cool. Buy them if you can find them, you wont regret it!!!

Favorite Trail:   Not telling!

Purchased At:   Jakes