Home | Reviews | Shorts | Voler

• Style:
    Peloton or Women's Peloton
  • Specs:
    8 panel anatomical cut
    Sublimated sides and back panels
    Woven gripper at leg hem
    Clean hemmed elastic at waist
  • Chamois:
    NuSuede Baseball, seamless Monolith or Cantara Pad
  • Colored Bottoms in:
    Royal Blue, Navy, Red, Green or Violet

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Mr. Lumberg a Cross Country Rider from Mesa, AZ

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2006

Strengths:    Comfort
    Fit
    Pricepoint

Weaknesses:    Huh?

Bottom Line:
    I purchased two pair of the IMBA design "Team" short a couple months ago (see review) and really liked them, so I went back to Voler for more. I got the "Wire" design for these with the loud blue side panels, admittedly just to have something that wasn't the same old black.
    I was very happy with the fit and comfort of the Team shorts and these are even better.
    Get yourself a pair. I won't go anywhere else now.

Purchased At:   Velowear.com

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, Canari, Voler Team Short

Bike Setup:   Yeti Koko, Marz Marathon XC

Submitted by SGT. ROCK a Racer from Grande Cache, AB

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2004

Strengths:    Fit
    Fabric
    Pad

Weaknesses:    Graphics, if you don't like them
    Only available in one color

Bottom Line:
    The Peloton short is similar to the Team short, except that it uses lighter fabric for the side panels, so it's a little more road oriented. The Cantera pad is great - comfortable, durable and dries fast. The graphics definitely aren't subtle, but I don't mind.

Purchased At:   Voler.com

Submitted by Jimmy Newsome a Cross Country Rider from Grand Terrace, Ca, USA

Date Reviewed: December 30, 2002

Strengths:    Great fabric feel you actually dont feel them. Quality construction, everything holds together very well wash after wash (I hand wash). Chamois is synthetic so can use them comfortably two or three times before a wash (they don't harden up. Graphics are "built-in" aint going to peel off and fade, very attractive colors and design too (not overly flashy). Stay up at the waist, no slipping or discomfort and are the right length (dont go way up to your navel or beyond making you look like u got a wedgie). Grippers are soft and comfy have a no feel and stay where they should. The short is worth every dollar compared to whats out in the market in terms of quality, comfort. durability, and looks. After two years and rotating only 3 pairs they feel, (unfeel), still like new. Suit any type of rider, XC, epics, super epics, DH, Roadies. Comfy even 30 min after a ride.

Weaknesses:    Really none. Some may not like company name on shorts but for 35 bucks I'm willing to advertise the Velo name.

Bottom Line:
    Your ride is only as good as your shorts. Riding trails after I got these shorts allowed me to think about and enjoy the trail so much more and not my sore, numb, uncomfy crouch, especially on trails like Santa Ana where stopping is a no - no. I brought two pair, I wasnt sure of my size (lg & xl)and I dont "buy" all the promotional hype especially after all the shorts I've tried. I really dont like wearing bike tights (I'm a basketball player, comfy in baggy shorts) but, these are made very well and and I'm ok with them in public too. Get the right fit (no extra tightness to expose a bugle you never knew was there) and they feel "loose" (unfeel feeling). Free return so I returned the XL for a different color Lg plus ordered another color (nice color selection). The only thing as good, if not better than the shorts is the Customer Service. They really care about you and want repeat business and show it. Do yourself a favor and give them a try, got nothing to lose all to gain (free candy in the order), don't like the shorts return them. I'm just glad I found these shorts.

Favorite Trail:   Brian Head Utah

Purchased At:   www.velowear.com

Similar Products Used:   Nike, pearl izumi, specialized, inmotion, Rei, etc....not Castilli's, no matter how comfy they may be I cant see myself gambling (no gamble with Velo)$100 bucks on shorts.

Bike Setup:   GT LTS 2000, XT, Bomber fork, Speed V saddle (best!!), Frog pedals, and annual pictures of my 3 year old.