Home | Reviews | Shorts | Sugoi

Sugoi Gustov Shorts

After an all killer-no filler singletrack fling, pull the removable liner out of the Sugoi Gustov Shorts, find a recovery beer, and simmer down.

Submitted by rpalmer a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2015

Strengths:    They look pretty good.

Weaknesses:    Comfort, durability, value, fit. The elastic around the legs is made of this sticky rubber that hurts as it rubs against your skin. It also doesn't slide/adjust as you move around, which some may see as a positive but it caused some chafing for me. The inner shorts are connected to the outer shorts by little strands of fabric that broke after a few washings. I probably should have used a gentler cycle (I used normal settings that I use for all of my laundry) but better-engineered shorts would just forgo connecting the inner and outer shorts. They would get all twisted up after being washed, and every time I went to put them on I would have to untangle them. I picked these up for $70 on Chainlove, but for shorts that only lasted a year, I found this to be a pretty poor value. I wear a 32-inch waist, but bending over would pop the snap around my waist. It would have fit a 30-inch waist better.

Bottom Line:
For the money, you can do a lot better. If you're going to drop some cash on your shorts, go a different direction. I've had cheaper shorts that were more comfortable and lasted longer than these.

Purchased At:   Chainlove.com